Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Looking at Agholor's production compared to other FA receivers. He's #4 in yards, #3 in yards per catch, tied for 3rd in TDs, and the most important stat, has been available for every game. And he did that with only 730 snaps, as where most of the top 4 in that category average over 900 snaps.

Maybe this season was an aberration, but I'm starting to think that the Raiders owe it to themselves to put a serious offer on the table. Don't overspend, but let's not fall into the trap of thinking that you can always find something better for less. Truth be told, we don't even know if this is Agholor's ceiling or just his cruising altitude in Gruden's system. It's only been 1 year.
    This system and Carr seems to fit Agholor, he was misused in Philly. Raiders should not let him go.

"...prone to stoogery.".

I would not pay him, he's no great shakes and will be easily replaceable by someone willing to take a 'show me' deal.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I would not pay him, he's no great shakes and will be easily replaceable by someone willing to take a 'show me' deal.

-Stork
    I disagree.

I watched THIS VIDEO and came away with the conclusion that they should keep Agholor. My number is even moving up a bit.

NA gets a ton of separation on his routes, and that's worth keeping. I don't agree with the video on the "Antonio Brown without the hands" stuff, but as you watch, you'll see Agholor get space consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork
    I think he is underrated. I also think, with Waller as our primary receiver, Agholor didn't get as many looks as he could have. None of our receivers did, but then Waller is special and I would throw to him as much as possible too.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I think he is underrated. I also think, with Waller as our primary receiver, Agholor didn't get as many looks as he could have. None of our receivers did, but then Waller is special and I would throw to him as much as possible too.
    Agree. There's probably a symbiosis developing here as well with the receiving corps, including Waller. Defenses have to pick and choose who they want to slow down. That can only help the person that they prioritize as less of a threat.

Also worth mentioning, this is the first year under Gruden that Carr really started pushing the ball downfield. Something we all kept saying needed to happen, if this offense was going to be any good.

Well, here we are, an offense that sputters sometimes in the 20s, but still looks like the kind of offense that we envisioned. Nelson averaged 18.7 yards a catch this year. By comparison, Amari Cooper only managed 14.9 ypc with Carr his best year. Crabtree? 11.3 with Carr. Tyrell Williams? 15.5 with Carr. None of those gentlemen had more receiving TDs in a season with DC than Nelson did this year.

Seems to me the question isn't can someone else come along and do better for cheaper. The question is how long are we going to keep choosing the two birds in the bush over the bird in the hand? That mode of thinking is why we're yet again searching for a DE that can get to the QB, and hold the edge, and disrupt the run, and chew gum and walk at the same time.

Again, I'm not saying overspend for him, but put a decent offer in front of Nelson. The Raiders owe it to themselves to at least try.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 01-19-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Agholor played well beyond expectations and Id love to have him back. We need to spend our draft picks on defense, and the thought of going into the season with Ruggs Edwards and Renfrow is a little scary. Depends what the numbers are but no doubt it would be great to have him back.

Look, I like the guy. He's not some nobody ... he was a 1st rounder for a reason. And he gets open a ton. He just drops some that he shouldn't.

If we're bringing him back at a price that allows us to save money overall when we cut Tyrell, okay that's probably a smart move. However, if we do bring him back, I'd seriously consider trading Ruggs if someone's willing to dangle a late 1st so we can re-invest that pick into another position.

I don't think if Nelson walks, all of a sudden our offense becomes mediocre. It still stands to be very very good.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Agree. There's probably a symbiosis developing here as well with the receiving corps, including Waller. Defenses have to pick and choose who they want to slow down. That can only help the person that they prioritize as less of a threat.

Also worth mentioning, this is the first year under Gruden that Carr really started pushing the ball downfield. Something we all kept saying needed to happen, if this offense was going to be any good.

Well, here we are, an offense that sputters sometimes in the 20s, but still looks like the kind of offense that we envisioned. Nelson averaged 18.7 yards a catch this year. By comparison, Amari Cooper only managed 14.9 ypc with Carr his best year. Crabtree? 11.3 with Carr. Tyrell Williams? 15.5 with Carr. None of those gentlemen had more receiving TDs in a season with DC than Nelson did this year.

Seems to me the question isn't can someone else come along and do better for cheaper. The question is how long are we going to keep choosing the two birds in the bush over the bird in the hand? That mode of thinking is why we're yet again searching for a DE that can get to the QB, and hold the edge, and disrupt the run, and chew gum and walk at the same time.

Again, I'm not saying overspend for him, but put a decent offer in front of Nelson. The Raiders owe it to themselves to at least try.
    Well said.

"...prone to stoogery.".

I'll just leave this here...

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

That is good, because if you left it at the foot of the stairs and I were to trip on it or even behind the truck in the driveway I would be upset.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    That is good, because if you left it at the foot of the stairs and I were to trip on it or even behind the truck in the driveway I would be upset.
    If you're tripping over infographics, I think your issues go beyond coordination.

Agholor is clearly valuable. He chose Las Vegas, to play with Carr and Gruden. I'm hopeful he'll choose a competitive "home town discount" offer to stay.

If he wants to get paid, best of luck to him. If he wants to help the Raiders make the playoffs, awesome.

If you're tripping over infographics, I think your issues go beyond coordination.

Agholor is clearly valuable. He chose Las Vegas, to play with Carr and Gruden. I'm hopeful he'll choose a competitive "home town discount" offer to stay.

If he wants to get paid, best of luck to him. If he wants to help the Raiders make the playoffs, awesome.
    LOL, true, true. I couldn't help myself.

I agree with you. Agholor and Carr worked well together and look to have some chemistry building, as well as trust. I think it takes Carr time to build trust in his receivers before he really targets them often. He had it with Crabtree. He has it with Waller, Renfrow and now Agholor.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Considering Agholor isn't our #1 WR, I'll take it.

Also considering that Rodgers is having an MVP year, yet his WR/TE combo finished below the Raiders is also equally noteworthy.

For the people saying we shouldn't resign him. What is your alternative? Any good receiver will cost you. Agholor already has a year in Grudens offense. That's valuable. He can get better. Remember he didn't start at the beginning of the season. He could have easily had 1k receiving yards had he started from the begining. Last receiver that did that for us was Amari Cooper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    For the people saying we shouldn't resign him. What is your alternative? Any good receiver will cost you. Agholor already has a year in Grudens offense. That's valuable. He can get better. Remember he didn't start at the beginning of the season. He could have easily had 1k receiving yards had he started from the begining. Last receiver that did that for us was Amari Cooper.
    Allen Robinson. He is a true #1 WR who has preformed exceptionally well with subpar QBs.

Besides, Agholor, who played very well this year, has only truly had one good year. $10M/year ish, is a lot of money for a one year proven player.

To play devils advocate, Allen will probably command around $20M/year. Thats a lot of money. Honestly, too much for our current needs. But couple Williams and Agholor savings, I can understand addressing Robinson.

Honestly we just need to be more clever and useful with our cap. More bonus money, signing bonus, etc. many teams are able to spend millions, every off season without feeling pinched.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast