Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    For the right price. I think he earned something. What that is I don't know but he is only a year removed from being ran out of Philly so I am always careful about thinking a player is worth too much based off 1 year.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    If heís gonna be over 10 million per year, Iíd rather spend another 5-6 million and get Allen Robinson. Better WR and way more consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If he is closer to 19 to 20 million I say No even to Robinson. Our issues were on defense. We need to get a Gilmore or Ramsey for that kind of money.

Nelson for 7.5 is probably fine. You got to pay Robinson almost triple..and he did not have triple the production. He was our best desp threat and Ruggs hopefully gets better next season.

Nelson would Have had 2 more TDs and 1,000 yards had they not called back like 2 TDs...
    Cut Tyrell Williams and pay to get a defense together.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Word is he's worth $7.5 million per. Less than what Williams would be getting if we keep him.

We arenít keeping Williams. I guarantee that. Between his cap number and no penalty to cut him plus Grudens past words on availability...he gone.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    For the right price. I think he earned something. What that is I don't know but he is only a year removed from being ran out of Philly so I am always careful about thinking a player is worth too much based off 1 year.
    I wouldn't put too much stock into what happened in Philly. The drops were overblown. He has shown he can beat his man consistently. We need his speed. If Ruggs figures it out, we will have deadly speed on the outside with Ruggs and Agholor making this offense even more explosive

Raiders must do everything to retain him. 10M is a reasonable price. Anything lower would be a steal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    We arenít keeping Williams. I guarantee that. Between his cap number and no penalty to cut him plus Grudens past words on availability...he gone.

Give Agholor his money
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I wouldn't put too much stock into what happened in Philly. The drops were overblown. He has shown he can beat his man consistently. We need his speed. If Ruggs figures it out, we will have deadly speed on the outside with Ruggs and Agholor making this offense even more explosive

Raiders must do everything to retain him. 10M is a reasonable price. Anything lower would be a steal.
    $10M is too much, given the Raiders depth of weapons, running game and absolute NEED for defensive talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    $10M is too much, given the Raiders depth of weapons, running game and absolute NEED for defensive talent.
    Agreed. If youíre willing to spend $10M, we should couple that with Williams savings and go get Allen Robinson.

But as mentioned previously, Iíd target around $16M a year.

$20M a year, if we spend that, needs to be an impact player on D.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Agreed. If youíre willing to spend $10M, we should couple that with Williams savings and go get Allen Robinson.

I suspect Williams and Trent Brown get the axe, and the Raiders spend that money on defense.

I'm tempted to roll the dice on Ruggs - Edwards - Renfrow for 2021, spending the ~$40M the Raiders will have in cap space on defensive starters.

Thats going to be his market and he's worth it. With out him our receivers would have struggled yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Thats going to be his market and he's worth it. With out him our receivers would have struggled yet again.
    Yet Henry Ruggs is an even scarier player. Can he do what Agholor did? He's under contract, essentially "free" compared to cap space.

In a perfect world, you let Agholor go and promote Ruggs. You take the money saved and spend it on defense.

In saying that, I'm terrified Ruggs will be a bust and the offense joins the defense in the doldrums.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post

Robinsonís contract he negotiated before was 14 mil a year. He had 1250 yards. He is young, he will get close to 20 mil. Not worth it.

Yet Henry Ruggs is an even scarier player. Can he do what Agholor did? He's under contract, essentially "free" compared to cap space.

In a perfect world, you let Agholor go and promote Ruggs. You take the money saved and spend it on defense.

In saying that, I'm terrified Ruggs will be a bust and the offense joins the defense in the doldrums.
    I'm all for sending the money on defense. I'm just not completely sold on Ruggs. Take away Agholor last season. Our wide outs would have struggled greatly with out him

To be fair though, Grudens offense uses the TE a lot more than others. So a true number 1 receiver isnít a must. Plus, Waller is just as good if not better than having a number 1. Iíd be good with signing a veteran or two and put them with Ruggs, Edwards, and Renfrow.

I wasn't being obtuse. The Raiders have a #1 receiver in Darren Waller and a lot of talented complementary players around him.

MOVING ON: Agholor for $7.5M per season? I'm on board. Now, anything more than that and it's sketchy.

Ultimately, the Raiders drafted Henry Ruggs to be the "playmaker" WR. Agholor stole the show, but let's not overlook what Ruggs did, either: tons of athleticism, amazing contested catches and a few stunning routes. He's young and clearly needs work, but the talent is clearly there.

You can have Agholor or Leonard Williams. Who do you choose, for the fate of the franchise? I think you let Agholor go in that scenario.
    Anything over $7.5 I probably pass unless it's real close to that number. To your point I would rather have ?Leonard Williams over Agholor if money allocations came down to those two options.

Unfortunately for Ruggs he had no offseason or preseason and Grudens playbook takes time to learn for WR's because he wants them to learn a lot of different plays and formations etc...

Hopefully this next season they get an offseason and preseason.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast