Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Allen Robinson. He is a true #1 WR who has preformed exceptionally well with subpar QBs.

Besides, Agholor, who played very well this year, has only truly had one good year. $10M/year ish, is a lot of money for a one year proven player.

To play devils advocate, Allen will probably command around $20M/year. Thats a lot of money. Honestly, too much for our current needs. But couple Williams and Agholor savings, I can understand addressing Robinson.

Honestly we just need to be more clever and useful with our cap. More bonus money, signing bonus, etc. many teams are able to spend millions, every off season without feeling pinched.
    Allen Robinson would be a luxury to have but I wouldn't consider him due to his price tag. He is also a possession receiver and doesn't have the speed to stretch the field like Agholor does
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    For the people saying we shouldn't resign him. What is your alternative? Any good receiver will cost you. Agholor already has a year in Grudens offense. That's valuable. He can get better. Remember he didn't start at the beginning of the season. He could have easily had 1k receiving yards had he started from the begining. Last receiver that did that for us was Amari Cooper.
    If the cap was not going down then I would be less reluctant to paying Agholor but it is and a lot of free agents are going to get squeezed. There are a lot of options. Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, Will Fuller, T.Y. Hilton, A.J. Green, Willie Snead, Kendrick Bourne, Rashard Higgins, Zach Pascal, Tim Patrick, Josh Reynolds, Allen Lazard, Curtis Samuel, Sammy Watkins, Demarcus Robinson, etc. Then there are the guys that are really going to get paid like Allen Robinson, Ju Ju Smith, Kenny Golladay and Chris Godwin.

The bottom line is that there are a lot of options and some of these guys are going to be getting small contracts because the money isn't there to pay them. Not to mention the fact that this is another deep draft for wide receiver. Quite frankly with the abundance of receiver talent coming into the league pretty soon receivers are going to be looked at similarly to the way running backs are now.
    Last edited by MackAttack88; 01-22-2021 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Allen Robinson would be a luxury to have but I wouldn't consider him due to his price tag. He is also a possession receiver and doesn't have the speed to stretch the field like Agholor does
    Lots of catches, TDs and receiving yards for a possession receiver going against the other teams #1 CB.
    Last edited by BoKnowsRaiders; 01-23-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Robinson and galloday will probably get the big deals. I think there will be a big drop off after those two. Due to the cap dropping so low and teams having to restructure and cut players they need. . Like the saints who are 95 mil over

I agree. Outside of the big FAs, which there are only a couple, these guys are gonna find money hard to come by this offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen Robinson is a #1 receiver and worth whatever the market demands. Agholor is a #2 WR. As long as the Raiders don't try to pay him like he's a #1 WR, they'll be fine. If the price tag gets too high, walk away and go with plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Allen Robinson is a #1 receiver and worth whatever the market demands. Agholor is a #2 WR. As long as the Raiders don't try to pay him like he's a #1 WR, they'll be fine. If the price tag gets too high, walk away and go with plan B.
    The caveat being that we may have a suitable replacement on the roster, depending on how Edwards and/or Ruggs do with a full offseason. And is there any guarantee that Agholor's not a one-year wonder ... remember when Philip Wheeler had a great bargain season for us, then got a big money deal and never lived up to it? It's one thing to get more than you expected from a bargain signing, but I guarantee you those same drops he had that cost us games will be a lot harder to stomach when he's doing it while making good money.

What makes me lean towards bringing him back for a decent but not crazy deal is that his ability to get open downfield has encouraged DC to cut it loose more. If Nelson goes, and Ruggs doesn't pan out ... even if a guy like Edwards does develop, he's more of a short to midrange guy. It kind of reinforces Carr's "bad" instincts to just stick with the short throws.

In any case, I truly don't believe that even if Agholor leaves our offense is going to fall apart or anything. So I'm loath to spend too much on him. If he stays, great, if he goes we'll still be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    The caveat being that we may have a suitable replacement on the roster, depending on how Edwards and/or Ruggs do with a full offseason.
    Well, yeah, that's what I meant by plan B. Someone needs to step up.

But Mayock also needs to see what magic he can work in FA and the late rounds of the draft. There's a good chance the Raiders may need to replace Zay Jones, Agholor and Tyrell Williams. I see us being relatively active in the WR market, if only as due diligence.

It's one thing to get more than you expected from a bargain signing, but I guarantee you those same drops he had that cost us games will be a lot harder to stomach when he's doing it while making good money.
    I don't generally have my GM or payroll accountant's hat on when watching games. Trust me when I say that I get plenty pissed off at drops, whether the player is making the rookie minimum or a max contract with bazillions in guaranteed money. I expect everyone to execute like well-paid professionals. I'd only get upset if I found out that a player's contract doesn't permit us to move on from a failed project quickly.

What makes me lean towards bringing him back for a decent but not crazy deal is that his ability to get open downfield has encouraged DC to cut it loose more.
    I've always been of the thought that Carr doesn't like taking risks, but he will, if he truly trusts a WR. The problem is that other than Crabtree and Seth Roberts, the Raiders didn't do a great job of bringing in WRs before this season that Carr trusted. Sure, he developed that trust with TEs, but you'll mostly only see short to intermediate stuff from that group. Carr's numbers by and large reflect that.

Whether it's re-signing Agholor, or bringing in someone that Carr trusts on a cheap contract, like a TY Hilton, let's just hope that the offense in general performs as well or better as this season. Stability is reassuring. Most of the resources need to go to the defense.

The caveat being that we may have a suitable replacement on the roster, depending on how Edwards and/or Ruggs do with a full offseason. And is there any guarantee that Agholor's not a one-year wonder ... remember when Philip Wheeler had a great bargain season for us, then got a big money deal and never lived up to it? It's one thing to get more than you expected from a bargain signing, but I guarantee you those same drops he had that cost us games will be a lot harder to stomach when he's doing it while making good money.

What makes me lean towards bringing him back for a decent but not crazy deal is that his ability to get open downfield has encouraged DC to cut it loose more. If Nelson goes, and Ruggs doesn't pan out ... even if a guy like Edwards does develop, he's more of a short to midrange guy. It kind of reinforces Carr's "bad" instincts to just stick with the short throws.

In any case, I truly don't believe that even if Agholor leaves our offense is going to fall apart or anything. So I'm loath to spend too much on him. If he stays, great, if he goes we'll still be okay.
    Carr is ranked 4th for most plays over 20+ yards.

Willie snead could be a good bargain considering lamar never throws the ball for many yards but snead was good with new Orleans,so.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Carr is ranked 4th for most plays over 20+ yards.
    That's what I mean, I'd like to see that continue. If Nelson leaves, and say Edwards steps in, that number could go down.

That's what I mean, I'd like to see that continue. If Nelson leaves, and say Edwards steps in, that number could go down.
    I worry about LG and RT, too.

The run game really fell off in the second half of the season as the OL fell apart. With better balance, I have no doubt the Raiders would have found another win or two late.

I think Agholor showed a lot. Drops, yes, but some huge plays in big spots. His chemistry with Carr will only get stronger with another year together. Id like the Raiders to keep him, but not if it leaves holes elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I worry about LG and RT, too.

The run game really fell off in the second half of the season as the OL fell apart. With better balance, I have no doubt the Raiders would have found another win or two late.
    I'm with ya. I do think our $ to production ratio on the OL wasn't great this year, so while I'd like the offseason focus to be on the front 7 for the D, I do think at least one significant draft pick spent on the OL, and perhaps a non-exorbitant veteran depth signing or two would be very reasonable. And if letting Agholor go means we can sign a solid contributor at DL/LB/OL, I think that's a good tradeoff and will pay dividends in the W column.

Question: With the draft and free agency looking to be deep at WR, and the salary cap not expected to increase as it has in past years, do you think there is a chance Nelson Agholor doesnt find the big deal he is looking for and comes back on another one-year deal with Raiders? Tim O.

Vic Tafur : My gut feeling is that hes gone. Not sure he loved it here.

https://theathletic.com/2347480/2021...shared_article

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Question: With the draft and free agency looking to be deep at WR, and the salary cap not expected to increase as it has in past years, do you think there is a chance Nelson Agholor doesnt find the big deal he is looking for and comes back on another one-year deal with Raiders? Tim O.

Vic Tafur : My gut feeling is that hes gone. Not sure he loved it here.

https://theathletic.com/2347480/2021...shared_article

Interesting
    I saw that yesterday.

Makes me think he was unhappy in Vegas, and, unlikely to return. That's a shame, as he had a nice season. I worry that the Raiders can replicate his deep ball production, since Carr is skittish throwing to Ruggs.

On the flip side, that's an extra $9M - $11M the Raiders can use to spend on defense.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast