Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Agholor=Louis Muphy Good player that you absolutely do not overpay.
    I tried to hit the like button but it wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    I like agholor but only for 8 mill or less.If tyrell takes a 1 year cheap deal like agholor took this year then I hope we bring him back and please use foster more.

Agree we need more Foster and less Witten in two or more TE sets.

I actually saw a turtle pass Witten up down the field.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 01-17-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Anything over $7.5 I probably pass unless it's real close to that number. To your point I would rather have ?Leonard Williams over Agholor if money allocations came down to those two options.

Unfortunately for Ruggs he had no offseason or preseason and Grudens playbook takes time to learn for WR's because he wants them to learn a lot of different plays and formations etc...

Hopefully this next season they get an offseason and preseason.
    Agholor had no problem learning Grudens playbook in the same time frame.

And just for context Chiefs gave Sammy Watkins 9M. I'd be surprised if Agholor accepts anything less then 10M
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Agree we need more Foster and less Witten in two or more TE sets.

I actually saw a turtle pass Witten up down the field.
    I'm thinking Witten retires. Maybe signs a one day contract to retire as a Cowboy or something. But he should be done as a Raider. If Jon really thinks he can help this team, bring him back as an assistant coach. But it's time to let youth be served.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Agholor had no problem learning Grudens playbook in the same time frame.

And just for context Chiefs gave Sammy Watkins 9M. I'd be surprised if Agholor accepts anything less then 10M
    $10M would be a receiver who caught 48 passes - admittedly for ~900 yards and 8 TDs. But he also had 9 drops.

It's tough to say if it's worth it.

I'm highly ambivalent.

On the one hand: Nelly had a lot of great plays and the offense is good enough to win. Keeping it together increases the chances of 2021 success.

On the other hand: Ruggs is faster, stronger and his ability to make contested catches makes him more dangerous. As his route running improves, he'll become a better player. He's also under contract. Spending the $10M on defensive players also increases the chances of 2021 success.

I think anything over $10M / season would be too much.

I really like Agholor. I would to see him return but its such a buyers market for WR's these days he needs to be realistic about his market value.

I really like Agholor. I would to see him return but its such a buyers market for WR's these days he needs to be realistic about his market value.
    Well keep in mind with the cap likely going to be 175M due to Covid this year in particular is not a great year to be a FA. Over half the league has less then 10M in cap space for this season. That includes 12 of those 18 teams being negative in cap.

This year we may see more mid sized deals. Not a guarantee but there is a lot of good talent out there and not a lot of cap to work with this season.

I'm just glad that Agholor doesn't have a contract like Michael Thomas from the Saints. Yes, Thomas is easily one of the best to do it when he's healthy, but he's on a 5yr, ~$96M deal with ~$61M guaranteed. That's more than Agholor and T. Williams combined.

It just goes to show that there's more money out there than we think. I don't want to overpay for Agholor, but it wouldn't surprise me if some team throws more than $9M his way.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I'm just glad that Agholor doesn't have a contract like Michael Thomas from the Saints. Yes, Thomas is easily one of the best to do it when he's healthy, but he's on a 5yr, ~$96M deal with ~$61M guaranteed. That's more than Agholor and T. Williams combined.

It just goes to show that there's more money out there than we think. I don't want to overpay for Agholor, but it wouldn't surprise me if some team throws more than $9M his way.
    Rumors are already circulating that Saints most likely try moving Thomas in a trade. Think they take Williams and Nelson for him? Iíll do that trade... Nelson had a good year with the Raiders. I still think his past haunts him. He is an average NFL receiver and good GMís know this. I donít believe there will be a bidding war. It is also another pretty good draft for receivers. So spend the money on at least three new defensive starters(dt, de, fs) offer Nelson whatever is left over

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Rumors are already circulating that Saints most likely try moving Thomas in a trade. Think they take Williams and Nelson for him? Iíll do that trade... Nelson had a good year with the Raiders. I still think his past haunts him. He is an average NFL receiver and good GMís know this. I donít believe there will be a bidding war. It is also another pretty good draft for receivers. So spend the money on at least three new defensive starters(dt, de, fs) offer Nelson whatever is left over
    I know Gruden would make that trade in a heartbeat. But I personally don't want to see us spend that kind of money on the offense when defense needs the help more. I think Raiders are going to really push to get Agholor to return and pick up another cheap FA WR for depth.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Well keep in mind with the cap likely going to be 175M due to Covid this year in particular is not a great year to be a FA. Over half the league has less then 10M in cap space for this season. That includes 12 of those 18 teams being negative in cap.

This year we may see more mid sized deals. Not a guarantee but there is a lot of good talent out there and not a lot of cap to work with this season.
    Exactly. This is why I believe the best thing to do this offseason is to sign one top tier free agent and then wait things out and see who we can get for cheap. There are bound to be a lot of guys who have to settle for smaller contracts as the money just won't be there.

As far as Agholor is concerned I would not break the bank for him ($6-$8M a year for 2-3 years). He made a lot of big plays but he still has problems with drops. Two drops in particular cost us the second game versus the Chiefs. There are quite a few free agent receivers that could easily fill his void and this is a loaded draft at receiver again. I don't think we should be looking at drafting a receiver early but other teams may prefer drafting a receiver over paying for a mid to top tier free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack88 View Post
    As far as Agholor is concerned I would not break the bank for him ($6-$8M a year for 2-3 years). He made a lot of big plays but he still has problems with drops. Two drops in particular cost us the second game versus the Chiefs. There are quite a few free agent receivers that could easily fill his void and this is a loaded draft at receiver again. I don't think we should be looking at drafting a receiver early but other teams may prefer drafting a receiver over paying for a mid to top tier free agent.
    Only elite WRs are worth paying for. Supply/demand for average-to-good WRs makes it a buyers' market. If Nelson won't take a cheap deal, there's probably a decent replacement to be found (or ride it out with the year 2 guys and Renfrow).

We can sign Kendrick Bourne and Dede Westbrook for the same amount that we would sign Agoholor for...Iíd rather have depth. Bring back Zay Jones for cheap, heís a good blocking WR...Ruggs/Renfrow/Bourne/Westbrook/Edwards/Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    ESPN is now reporting that Thomas is going to have multiple surgeries during the off-season. He probably should have had the surgery earlier in the season, but didn't want to miss Brees' last season. The kid has heart for gutting it out all season. It looks like the Saints are stuck with him, though, unless they work out some type of deal where they cover part of his salary. Yeah, not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    We can sign Kendrick Bourne and Dede Westbrook for the same amount that we would sign Agoholor for...Iíd rather have depth. Bring back Zay Jones for cheap, heís a good blocking WR...Ruggs/Renfrow/Bourne/Westbrook/Edwards/Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looking at Agholor's production compared to other FA receivers. He's #4 in yards, #3 in yards per catch, tied for 3rd in TDs, and the most important stat, he has been available for every game. And he did that with only 730 snaps, as where most of the top 4 in that category average over 900 snaps.

Maybe this season was an aberration, but I'm starting to think that the Raiders owe it to themselves to put a serious offer on the table. Don't overspend, but let's not fall into the trap of thinking that you can always find something better for less. Truth be told, we don't even know if this is Agholor's ceiling or just his cruising altitude in Gruden's system. It's only been 1 year.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 01-19-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast