Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The report, with discussed terms, is total BS.

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1349764379156246530

Looks like Vic Tafur is disagreeing with Hondos report on the projected Agholor offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Darren Waller says hello.

The Patriots won a lot with no receivers, and they won a lot with a TE and a scrappy slot receiver. Sound familiar?

Nelly, Ruggs and Edwards are speed targets while Waller and Renfrow are the hands guys. The Raiders are SET at WR.

I liked Zay Jones, but its time for him to head elsewhere.
    He was talking about a number one wr.

Patriots also have had a top 10 defense for years. That makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    He was talking about a number one wr.

Patriots also have had a top 10 defense for years. That makes a huge difference.
    I wasn't being obtuse. The Raiders have a #1 receiver in Darren Waller and a lot of talented complementary players around him.

MOVING ON: Agholor for $7.5M per season? I'm on board. Now, anything more than that and it's sketchy.

Ultimately, the Raiders drafted Henry Ruggs to be the "playmaker" WR. Agholor stole the show, but let's not overlook what Ruggs did, either: tons of athleticism, amazing contested catches and a few stunning routes. He's young and clearly needs work, but the talent is clearly there.

You can have Agholor or Leonard Williams. Who do you choose, for the fate of the franchise? I think you let Agholor go in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I wasn't being obtuse. The Raiders have a #1 receiver in Darren Waller and a lot of talented complementary players around him.

MOVING ON: Agholor for $7.5M per season? I'm on board. Now, anything more than that and it's sketchy.

Ultimately, the Raiders drafted Henry Ruggs to be the "playmaker" WR. Agholor stole the show, but let's not overlook what Ruggs did, either: tons of athleticism, amazing contested catches and a few stunning routes. He's young and clearly needs work, but the talent is clearly there.

You can have Agholor or Leonard Williams. Who do you choose, for the fate of the franchise? I think you let Agholor go in that scenario.
    With Ruggs supposedly being a "playmaker" while I agree he had a couple meaning actually a COUPLE good catches he needs the year with a number of receptions I can almost count on my fingers and toes. 26 receptions by someone that is supposed to be our "WR 1" is a joke. I can't believe anyone would even consider letting Nelson walk at this point unless Robinson or another real WR were in the plans. DHB 2.0... ERR... UMMM I mean Ruggs has proven nothing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    With Ruggs supposedly being a "playmaker" while I agree he had a couple meaning actually a COUPLE good catches he needs the year with a number of receptions I can almost count on my fingers and toes. 26 receptions by someone that is supposed to be our "WR 1" is a joke. I can't believe anyone would even consider letting Nelson walk at this point unless Robinson or another real WR were in the plans. DHB 2.0... ERR... UMMM I mean Ruggs has proven nothing so far.
    I think that very few considered him a true number 1 in his rookie year. A starter, yes for sure, but not the #1. It takes a little time usually, the pandemic hurt progression a bit. Not to make excuses for him, he should have performed much better than he did. I don't think he was on the same page as Carr, not at the level of the other receivers. he will be better next season.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    I thought I was pretty clear on this, but I'll try again.

Darren Waller is the #1 Receiver for the Raiders.

Darren Waller was targeted 145 times last year. That made him the 6th most targeted player in the NFL in 2020. That averages out to roughly 9 targets per game.

Agholor had 82 targets, or ~5 a game. Renfrow had 77 targets, roughly 5 a game. Ruggs had 43 in 13 games, about 3 targets per game.

The Raiders have an elite receiving talent. His name is Darren Waller. You're building the receiving core around him. Agholor and Ruggs have elite speed and athleticism, which stretch the field and create bigger openings for Waller and Renfrow.

The question is whether Ruggs can improve enough to offset the loss of Agholor. I'm not sure if he can, but that's why they spent a first round pick on him.

Agholor=Louis Muphy Good player that you absolutely do not overpay.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    No, Agholor made plays.

Almost every WR in the NFL is capable of being in the right place at the right time. Get past the defense, catch the ball and you score ... that kind of stuff is pretty easy.

We saw Agholor make plays: break tackles, elude the D, gain extra yardage and in some cases score a TD. He had a really strong year.

Two issues remain, though: first, we don't know that he'll be that good in 2021. Second, we don't know if he's worth keeping. We saw that Ruggs can run fast, make contested catches, gain yardage, etc. Can he replace Agholor? If so, let Agholor and Williams walk and use that money on defense.

I'm actually not worried about the WR corps.

Ruggs will improve.

Tyrell will restructure at a vastly reduced number, or get released. His injury history is working against him at this point, but he's still a big (6'4"), fast (4.42) receiver who should be able to contribute in the Red Zone. Especially with Waller, Jacobs and Ruggs on the field at the same time.

I only see Agholor leaving if someone throws big dollars his way. But in the Raiders favor is the fact that Agholor seems to have found a rapport and trust with Carr. That's big for most WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post

I agree about not overpaying, but he is a much better player than you think.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Nelson Agholor: Re-sign or Let Him Walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I agree about not overpaying, but he is a much better player than you think.
    Very good player no doubt but I would like to see a larger body of work.

Love to see him return just not at the expense of getting the defense sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 01-15-2021 at 09:53 PM.

If hes gonna be over 10 million per year, Id rather spend another 5-6 million and get Allen Robinson. Better WR and way more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    If hes gonna be over 10 million per year, Id rather spend another 5-6 million and get Allen Robinson. Better WR and way more consistent.

I agree. And wed get a number 1.

I like agholor but only for 8 mill or less.If tyrell takes a 1 year cheap deal like agholor took this year then I hope we bring him back and please use foster more.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    I like agholor but only for 8 mill or less.If tyrell takes a 1 year cheap deal like agholor took this year then I hope we bring him back and please use foster more.
    I agree about Moreau. He needs to be more involved. Get rid of Witten and let Moreau be the number 2 TE and get another young TE to be third string.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast