Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Nelson Agholor: Re-sign or Let Him Walk?

This is the latest Per Hondo Carpenter via Twitter :

ďI said I was told by an NFL member of team management that, "I'm hearing Raiders will do a deal with Agholor for 2 years $15 million." I didn't say done yet. Thank you.ď

I will admit I didnít expect much from him but he passed all expectations. I think we can all agree we should re-sign him, but at what cost. He had a very good season but his past season have not been as good. He could be a on year wonder and we have been screwed too many times with players like that.(Littleton, Joyner, Williams, Collins.. and so on)

Some desparte team might pay him big money and itís not something we can afford with all the flaws on defense. So we re-sign him at all cost or let him walk??...

Thoughts??

RAIDER NATION

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post

ďI said I was told by an NFL member of team management that, "I'm hearing Raiders will do a deal with Agholor for 2 years $15 million." I didn't say done yet. Thank you.ď

I will admit I didnít expect much from him but he passed all expectations. I think we can all agree we should re-sign him, but at what cost. He had a very good season but his past season have not been as good. He could be a on year wonder and we have been screwed too many times with players like that.(Littleton, Joyner, Williams, Collins.. and so on)

Some desparte team might pay him big money and itís not something we can afford with all the flaws on defense. So we re-sign him at all cost or let him walk??...

Thoughts??
    If we sign him for 2 years for $15 million dollars then yes sign him, hopefully he signs and extension before hitting free agency or otherwise some desperate team could offer him way more money than he's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    If we sign him for 2 years for $15 million dollars then yes sign him, hopefully he signs and extension before hitting free agency or otherwise some desperate team could offer him way more money than he's worth.
    This

yes

In theory, Henry Ruggs is supposed to be the "speed" receiver. You could let Agholor walk and let Ruggs take the role.

... that said, I'd re-sign Agholor at $7.5M every day of the week. He had a strong season, and I'd like to see him stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    In theory, Henry Ruggs is supposed to be the "speed" receiver. You could let Agholor walk and let Ruggs take the role.

... that said, I'd re-sign Agholor at $7.5M every day of the week. He had a strong season, and I'd like to see him stick around.
    True, but Agholor is more than a speed WR for us. There have been reports as early as mid season that the Raiders thought Ruggs needed to work on his routes.

Ruggs might have that 4.2 speed, but I remember old man Timmy and geriatric Rice getting open back in the day. Speed is just one factor.

He should be the first one resigned. He was one of our best receivers. Maybe he got open because Ruggs was out there. I wouldn't touch the O, except we might need an O lineman, depending on who comes back. I hope Sam Young doesn't.

We need Agy, He is a outside receiver that Ruggs isn't... I still say they will restructure Williams, and sign Agy.. Both will be between 12-15 million. Zay jones will be the odd man out. Williams was a big TD threat and could easily be the guy that turns those FGs into TDs.

I take nothing from this Rookie season. They had no offseason, real coaches giving them instructions and teaching. When you add that to one of the hardest playbooks to learn and routes to learn I can give them a pass. What you really need to see is can they make contested catches... And both I think have done well

For 2/15? Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    We need Agy, He is a outside receiver that Ruggs isn't... I still say they will restructure Williams, and sign Agy.. Both will be between 12-15 million. Zay jones will be the odd man out. Williams was a big TD threat and could easily be the guy that turns those FGs into TDs.

I take nothing from this Rookie season. They had no offseason, real coaches giving them instructions and teaching. When you add that to one of the hardest playbooks to learn and routes to learn I can give them a pass. What you really need to see is can they make contested catches... And both I think have done well
    If Williams will take a vet min prove it deal then maybe. If not? cut him.

That would be my restructure for him. Guy has done next to nothing for all the money he got.

There will be other potential "Agholor's" in FA willing to play for a 1 year prove it deal.

We drafted Ruggs and Edwards for a reason. They need playing time to develop and we have Moreau for another big Redzone target.

Our Redzone woes are not due to guys that can't catch it due to poor play design. That's what I observed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post

Thoughts??
    I would resign Nelly BUT if we can take his money and Wlliam's money to sign Robinson, that would be my play. We need a true number 1 and we dont have that on our team

2 yrs. 15 bills...do it now. Agholor was better than many thought, dependable. He is the type of guy you keep. He had a few drops, but he had many more big catches. Williams needs to go though.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Re-sign Agholor, work with Ruggs, show Williams the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Re-sign Agholor, work with Ruggs, show Williams the door.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by VinceGully View Post
    I would resign Nelly BUT if we can take his money and Wlliam's money to sign Robinson, that would be my play. We need a true number 1 and we dont have that on our team
    Darren Waller says hello.

The Patriots won a lot with no receivers, and they won a lot with a TE and a scrappy slot receiver. Sound familiar?

Nelly, Ruggs and Edwards are speed targets while Waller and Renfrow are the Ďhandsí guys. The Raiders are SET at WR.

I liked Zay Jones, but itís time for him to head elsewhere.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast