Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is under the most pressure to win?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lebron

0 0%
  • KL

1 16.67%
  • Durant/Harden

5 83.33%
  • other and why

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who is under the most pressure to win?

who is under the most pressure to win this season?

Didn't we have another thread for this already? And why is Lebron even on this list? He has like zero pressure on himself to do anything anymore. Flip him with Giannis, and that's a legit poll. It's a coin flip with Harden and Giannis, with Harden probably having the edge because of all the drama of the last couple of months and forcing his way to Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Didn't we have another thread for this already? And why is Lebron even on this list? He has like zero pressure on himself to do anything anymore. Flip him with Giannis, and that's a legit poll. It's a coin flip with Harden and Giannis, with Harden probably having the edge because of all the drama of the last couple of months and forcing his way to Brooklyn.
    wait when did we have this list now that durant/harden teamed up? whole landscape changed... on top of that lebron doesnt have pressure?

aight

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    wait when did we have this list now that durant/harden teamed up? whole landscape changed... on top of that lebron doesnt have pressure?

aight
    What pressure is on Lebron? Dude has 4 rings with three different teams. He's going to retire with a million records. The majority of all NBA fans consider him one of the two greatest players in the history of the sport, and he could retire tomorrow, and it wouldn't change a thing. Plus he's 36, and everyone knows Father Time will catch up with him at some point.

He has pressure because he's an all-time great, but there's nothing Lebron could do this season that would legitimately harm his legacy at this point. His place on the Mount Rushmore of NBA players is locked in already.

Clippers and Nets

Losers team falls apart. Called it!

What pressure is on Lebron? Dude has 4 rings with three different teams. He's going to retire with a million records. The majority of all NBA fans consider him one of the two greatest players in the history of the sport, and he could retire tomorrow, and it wouldn't change a thing. Plus he's 36, and everyone knows Father Time will catch up with him at some point.

He has pressure because he's an all-time great, but there's nothing Lebron could do this season that would legitimately harm his legacy at this point. His place on the Mount Rushmore of NBA players is locked in already.
    well lets think about this... there is always more pressure on lebron than most... on top of that if he loses to the clippers this year it will be last years title was a sham... hell people are still trying to justify covid title as being easiest title ever so if he doesnt make the finals or lose in the finals they are gonna further bury him for that and if he does make the finals and lose another finals they will then bury him for that....

we have seen this dude get buried for being swept by the warriors with klay/curry/dray/durant because he couldnt get 1 win which even jordan would have etc.... you really think the dude has no pressure? what sport have you been watching?

The only people who think LBJ still has pressure on him probably still hate him.......4 rings with 3 different franchises? He's set. I'm not going to rachet up his stakes just because people with LeBron derangement syndrome can't stand his greatness.

To answer the thread question, before the Harden trade I'd have said Kawhi. Though the media treats him with kid gloves. Now though, Harden. Especially since he made a big stink.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    The only people who think LBJ still has pressure on him probably still hate him.......4 rings with 3 different franchises? He's set. I'm not going to rachet up his stakes just because people with LeBron derangement syndrome can't stand his greatness.

To answer the thread question, before the Harden trade I'd have said Kawhi. Though the media treats him with kid gloves. Now though, Harden. Especially since he made a big stink.
    i think he has more pressure on him than just about anyone because of who he is and how successful he has been... people still try to argue that he had an easy road last playoffs... he is also trying to catch jordan still in most peoples eyes yet he has no pressure on him?

also you are the first person in the history of ever to suggest i hate lebron lol... this is new territory for me. I think he is the goat and have so much love and bias for him it out matches any mavs/lakers/heat fan

I'm gonna go other:
    Boston/Philadelphia.

I know a little bonkers after the trade Brooklyn made. BUT. Both Boston and Philadelphia have depth and size/ability to get size that can make Brooklyn nervous. The reason I say the pressure is on them is because they can really make the Nets life hell if they (Bos/Phi) are good enough to not have Brooklyn win the Atlantic there could be some infighting. On top of that the Nets are a flawed team despite the offensive firepower and it's up to them to show how to take down the Nets in regular season matchups.

Both teams have a defender to put on each of those big 3:
    KD - Simmons/Tatum. Both got the size and length to make KD have to work for it and are athletic to boot meaning KD can't just try to drive past them every time.

Harden - Green/Smart. The heady vet defender who know how to get under players skin and force mistakes to happen. Green has playoff experience against Harden from their time in the West too.

Kyrie - Thybulle/Maxey/Brown. Yes the Sixers defenders aren't starters, but I'll get to that part in a minute. But all these guys have the length and speed to make Kyrie really have to work for his shots and not easily create space.

So that puts Harris/Kemba/Pitchard on JHarris, which is a fine matchup on both sides since JHarris is going to become a spot up shooter. Theis/Embiid will be on DAJ who's basically someone you can hang out in the paint all day long and offer support should any of the big 3 were to drive.

On the flip side Smart/Curry will likely draw Kyrie, which should mean run off screens all day on offense and tire him out. Brown/Green will likely draw Harden. Brown can beat Harden with athleticism, Green with movement. KD will likely be on Tatum/Simmons who can use size and strength to pound KD all day on drives and post moves. DAJ is a shell of himself so Embiid and Theis should be involved in the offense. That means JHarris on THarris/Kemba which should be all day wins.

LeBron

With the Nets assembled and Clippers stronger this year And sixers the best in the Embiid/Simmons era and Bucks being Bucks, this is LeBronís last year to go for a chip. He is still behind Kobeís 5 & Jordanís 6 with his 4 ...

i think he has more pressure on him than just about anyone because of who he is and how successful he has been... people still try to argue that he had an easy road last playoffs... he is also trying to catch jordan still in most peoples eyes yet he has no pressure on him?

also you are the first person in the history of ever to suggest i hate lebron lol... this is new territory for me. I think he is the goat and have so much love and bias for him it out matches any mavs/lakers/heat fan
    I wasn't labeling you as such.....just the irrational. Your reasons make sense, I just don't like to give credence to the people you referenced in your previous posts....you know....easy road....chasing Jordan....blah blah blah.

In their eyes, MJ has no blips. Not worth the acknowledgment in my opinion.

My boy Stebo has spoken. This thread needs a moment of silence to acknowledge his wise words.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

well lets think about this... there is always more pressure on lebron than most... on top of that if he loses to the clippers this year it will be last years title was a sham... hell people are still trying to justify covid title as being easiest title ever so if he doesnt make the finals or lose in the finals they are gonna further bury him for that and if he does make the finals and lose another finals they will then bury him for that....

we have seen this dude get buried for being swept by the warriors with klay/curry/dray/durant because he couldnt get 1 win which even jordan would have etc.... you really think the dude has no pressure? what sport have you been watching?
    What year is this? You seem to be stuck in 2010 or something. You know people don't hate Lebron anymore, right, and the vast majority of NBA fans have him No. 1 or No. 2 all-time? Who are you even arguing with? It's like you're assuming there's hate for Lebron that doesn't really exist anymore and are stuck in an argument that's a decade old.

Any pressure Lebron had was minimized significantly after he brought Cleveland its first title and dethroned the Warriors. Then he went and won a title for the Lakers and made them relevant again, the one fan base that hated on him most his entire career. Any other rings or accomplishments at this point is gravy. I actually think there's more pressure on him to try and surpass all the all-time records than there is for him to win any more rings.

What year is this? You seem to be stuck in 2010 or something. You know people don't hate Lebron anymore, right, and the vast majority of NBA fans have him No. 1 or No. 2 all-time? Who are you even arguing with? It's like you're assuming there's hate for Lebron that doesn't really exist anymore and are stuck in an argument that's a decade old.

Any pressure Lebron had was minimized significantly after he brought Cleveland its first title and dethroned the Warriors. Then he went and won a title for the Lakers and made them relevant again, the one fan base that hated on him most his entire career. Any other rings or accomplishments at this point is gravy. I actually think there's more pressure on him to try and surpass all the all-time records than there is for him to win any more rings.
    wait what? people dont hate lebron? am i being punked? He literally came out and said he wants his damn respect less than 5 months ago after winning his 4th ring at his age with his mileage with his 4th finals mvp and what should be his 9th regular season mvp where people still argued up until this finals win that curry/giannis/KL were better................................. people dont hate lebron? Did you not see the national excuses everytime the lakers won a series in the playoffs or the hate he got with how they finished the regular season and started in the bubble? Or how about when he got AD and everyone said he was gonna get carried and need to take a few steps back.... or how about when he got injured the previous year before getting KD and people held that against him even though the lakers were in first place before they got hit with the injury bug.......

people went from thinking the blazers were the best 8th seed ever and were going to knock the lakers out to them being overrated trash that were the start of an easy road of the easiest playoffs ever because lebron destroyed them.

LeBron literally just won the title last season, there is zero pressure on him to win this year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast