Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is under the most pressure to win?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lebron

    0 0%
  • KL

    1 16.67%
  • Durant/Harden

    5 83.33%
  • other and why

    0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 51 of 51
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,438
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Its almost like making the finals every year is a great accomplishment and no one else would have come remotely close to 10 of 11 years in the finals

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    oh you... stop it... you know making the finals is a bad thing per the lebron haters because jordan is 6-0 even though jordan was what exactly in the playoffs without pippen? yeaaaaa we cant talk about that because it doesnt fit the lebron hate narrative... I have seen some hated athletes but never have i seen someone excel like lebron with the hate this man has recieved and the double standard he has lived and people say well that is super star life except it isnt.... its lebron life because not a person in the world gave a **** about jordans short comings without pippen but yooooooooooo lebron finals record against mostly better opponents lmfao

    example the first post in this thread was lebron has no pressure because he just won a championship and others followed that **** up like they havent watched basketball since 03 when the man was drafted... when he was screwed out of mvps and dpoy awards because he was so great they just expect and take for granted the greatness and then if he doesnt do it all like only he can they say welp he clearly isnt the best... jordan would have done it..........
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-15-2021 at 07:04 AM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,261
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Good job on multi-quoting.
    I do what I can.


  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,261
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    oh you... stop it... you know making the finals is a bad thing per the lebron haters because jordan is 6-0 even though jordan was what exactly in the playoffs without pippen? yeaaaaa we cant talk about that because it doesnt fit the lebron hate narrative... I have seen some hated athletes but never have i seen someone excel like lebron with the hate this man has recieved and the double standard he has lived and people say well that is super star life except it isnt.... its lebron life because not a person in the world gave a **** about jordans short comings without pippen but yooooooooooo lebron finals record against mostly better opponents lmfao

    example the first post in this thread was lebron has no pressure because he just won a championship and others followed that **** up like they havent watched basketball since 03 when the man was drafted... when he was screwed out of mvps and dpoy awards because he was so great they just expect and take for granted the greatness and then if he doesnt do it all like only he can they say welp he clearly isnt the best... jordan would have done it..........
    I love how the only one being anti-Lebron in this thread is you. It's like you've spent so much time supporting Lebron and defending him that you somehow flipped and became a Lebron hater by accident.


  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,438
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I love how the only one being anti-Lebron in this thread is you. It's like you've spent so much time supporting Lebron and defending him that you somehow flipped and became a Lebron hater by accident.
    or i just followed his career/constantly talked to the 99,9 percent that hated him but then had an agenda at the same time and thus understood the double standard where we are now....

    saying lebron is under pressure isn't hating him its hating the idiots that ignore what he is and think of what he just did as some sort of reason for why he doesnt have pressure when from the day he entered this league till welp now he has had more pressure than anyone and even when he won titles people made excuses but when he lost them they said he wasnt good enough because he isnt jordan... like i said idiocy

    again i will ask the 3rd person in this thread and i dont expect you to answer truthfully because you sit here and bend over for harden for years and ignore everything basketball... IF LEBRON LOSES THIS YEAR TO THE CLIPPERS IN THE WCF WHAT WOULD BE SAID ABOUT LAST YEAR CONSIDERING EVERYONE SAID HE WAS LUCKY THE NUGGETS BEAT THEM? GO i will wait?

    you will say na the title is the title.... gtfo.. do i need to link the articles and the ****ing threads on psd of the hate? why do we forget this **** really? We had a thread where laker fans posted the hilarious takes of stupid ****ing people from all over talking **** about how lebon was gonna lose to the blazers then the rockets then the nuggets and then all a sudden the excuses started that they dodged the clippers and were lucky before destroying the heat which werent actually a challenge... all of a sudden........

    jesus ****ing christ lets go to the thread for **** sakes.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,336
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Giannis just lost with the best team on paper as the favorites in the regular season for like the 3rd straight year and not a word was said... in fact people actually started saying they need to get him more help

    you think that is gonna change? you are ignoring the hate and insane amount of pressure lebron has been under from day 1 till the final game of last year and even now because he is great and he won.... the majority dont give a **** about that... as long as james is in the league he will always give guys like curry/giannis/embiid/harden/KL a massive pass because of how great he is. If lebron retired after winning that championship last season we would see a different beast it terms of finding the next guy to put pressure on like we have lebron except it wouldnt be 10 pct of the pressure this dude has had from day 1 till now

    I will ask you like I asked ewing.... If they make it to the WCF and get beaten by the clippers will the majority go right to the fact that last year lebron dodged the clippers and find a way to limit yet another one of his titles like they did with draymond kick to the nuts or finally having help with a declined wade and bosh?

    Hell the majority say MY GOD LEBRON DOESNT DESERVE THAT CHAMPIONSHIP WITH THE HEAT BECAUSE ALLEN... But ignore lebrons magical performance in game 7 and the entire series.... go ahead tell me where i am wrong or try to rewrite history
    Are you kidding? People called Giannis overrated, said he didnít deserve his MVPs and that his play style canít win a ring. There was so much talk Giannis almost left the Bucks.

    There are literally hundreds of articles like this:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...after-all/amp/

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,261
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    or i just followed his career/constantly talked to the 99,9 percent that hated him but then had an agenda at the same time and thus understood the double standard where we are now....

    saying lebron is under pressure isn't hating him its hating the idiots that ignore what he is and think of what he just did as some sort of reason for why he doesnt have pressure when from the day he entered this league till welp now he has had more pressure than anyone and even when he won titles people made excuses but when he lost them they said he wasnt good enough because he isnt jordan... like i said idiocy
    Except you're the only one in this thread pushing this narrative. Hell, when was the last time you saw a Lebron thread on PSD that primarily focused on negatives about his play? I can't remember. When was the last time you saw a thread criticizing Harden, Durant, Giannis, Kawhi, Kyrie, Embiid, Boston, etc.? (Also, dear god, man. Work on your punctuation!)

    again i will ask the 3rd person in this thread and i dont expect you to answer truthfully because you sit here and bend over for harden for years and ignore everything basketball... IF LEBRON LOSES THIS YEAR TO THE CLIPPERS IN THE WCF WHAT WOULD BE SAID ABOUT LAST YEAR CONSIDERING EVERYONE SAID HE WAS LUCKY THE NUGGETS BEAT THEM? GO i will wait?
    Lots of things will be said. People talk. That's how it works. Every time a team gets eliminated from the playoffs, there's talk among fans, analysts and the media about that team and its star players. Lebron is no different. But at the end of the day, he's still Lebron ****ing Jamesóthe second greatest player of all-time with four rings. So they can talk negative about the guy, but it will have zero negative impact on his legacy, and people will forget it ever happened 1-2 months later.

    Giannis? Harden? Those guys without titles who are otherwise all-time greats are the ones facing real pressure. Imagine Lebron heading into his first postseason in Miami or his second postseason after he lost to Dallas the year prior. THAT is pressure. Now? The dude is 36 and has accomplished everything an NBA player possibly could. He could lose in the first round this year, and it wouldn't matter.

    you will say na the title is the title.... gtfo.. do i need to link the articles and the ****ing threads on psd of the hate? why do we forget this **** really? We had a thread where laker fans posted the hilarious takes of stupid ****ing people from all over talking **** about how lebon was gonna lose to the blazers then the rockets then the nuggets and then all a sudden the excuses started that they dodged the clippers and were lucky before destroying the heat which werent actually a challenge... all of a sudden........

    jesus ****ing christ lets go to the thread for **** sakes.
    Who cares, though? Just because people doubted the man, therefore he has pressure on him a year later? Those two things aren't necessarily connected. The Lakers were rightfully doubted heading into the postseason last year, because the pandemic season and the bubble were unprecedented, and they looked like hot garbage at the start of the bubble. It wasn't until they cruised through the Blazers and Rockets that fans realized this was the same Lebron and AD they saw pre-pandemic.

    The Lakers needed to prove it, and they did. But they won their title. Even if they are the favorites this season, they're not such massive favorites that if they lost it would be seen as huge failure (as long as they don't get bounced by an 8 seed or something). There's pressure on them, but having won a title the year prior, there's way less pressure than there was a year ago. And given Lebron's unbelievable career, the pressure on him is minuscule compared to the pressure on other superstars who need a title way, way worse.


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •