Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1105
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    0% chance Tucker gets bought out. He has tons of value to a contender. Thy can trade for him
    Iím hoping we do trade him and get something. Just canít expect much for a 35 year old on an expiring 8 mill contract.

0% chance Tucker gets bought out. He has tons of value to a contender. Thy can trade for him
    Agreed.

as soon as Harden moves to an east coast market, he is all of a sudden as good as we always said he was lol.
    Yeah, I called this inevitably happening like a few days after he was traded. I think that narrative will continue into the playoffs, too. If Brooklyn makes the Finals and/or wins a title, watch how quickly the script flips.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Iím hoping we do trade him and get something. Just canít expect much for a 35 year old on an expiring 8 mill contract.
    Houston can't afford to let veterans with value walk for nothing. Even if it's just a 2nd rounder or two, you'd take it. It's worth noting, too, that any team that trades for Tucker also gets his Bird rights. Being able to sign a player of his caliber in the offseason without having to use your MLE is attractive for contenders above the cap. Even at his age, I think Tucker could offer 2-3 more years of competent play given his skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, I called this inevitably happening like a few days after he was traded. I think that narrative will continue into the playoffs, too. If Brooklyn makes the Finals and/or wins a title, watch how quickly the script flips.
    Whats funny is, those east coast sports writers don't even pay attention or watch the big boys league (the west). Basketball writers in the east couldn't know less about basketball. They have to be slapped over the head with something to recognize it.

Houston can't afford to let veterans with value walk for nothing. Even if it's just a 2nd rounder or two, you'd take it. It's worth noting, too, that any team that trades for Tucker also gets his Bird rights. Being able to sign a player of his caliber in the offseason without having to use your MLE is attractive for contenders above the cap. Even at his age, I think Tucker could offer 2-3 more years of competent play given his skillset.
    Yeah, Tucker has tons of value for a contender. His age is irrelevant, dude still can play 35 minutes a game with elite defense and shooting. He's a perfect fit for any contender right now, whose 1st rounders mean nothing to them at the end of the round. You'll definitely get SOMETHING for him.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

I've always struggled gauging the value of late first round picks but even in best case scenarios, I dont think Tucker is worth a 1st and definitely not an early 2nd. Age is never irrelevant, I know the man is a brick house and his bones are made of lead but you still cant defy aging, hes carried alot on those knees and he was forced to play more 5 than ever before. His playoffs weren't that great in the bubble where many blew up and hes worse now. This honestly reminds me of what happened to Shane Battier at the end of his run. Went from quality role player to unplayable in the Finals in the same year, many suspect his battles as a 4 against the likes of David West did its damage physically. Maybe Im wrong, I do remember thinking Tucker was done years ago, before the rebirth in Houston.

1st rounders are dumped a lot more often than people think at the trade deadline for legit playoff runs. The rockets traded one for Iman Shumpert recently. Dude had a lot less value than Tucker currently does. I think a team does it because (1) he is an immediate rotation player that will contribute right now, (2) they get his bird rights if they want to make another go at him.

I agree earlier 2nd rounder makes no sense. No bad team should be trading picks for an old player.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

1st rounders are dumped a lot more often than people think at the trade deadline for legit playoff runs. The rockets traded one for Iman Shumpert recently. Dude had a lot less value than Tucker currently does. I think a team does it because (1) he is an immediate rotation player that will contribute right now, (2) they get his bird rights if they want to make another go at him.

I agree earlier 2nd rounder makes no sense. No bad team should be trading picks for an old player.
    I just meant in asset speak. IDK who has whos 2nd rounders but I imagine there could be a team thats in the playoffs that has a good 2nd.

For a half year rental of Tucker ? In a strong draft classs? I think thatís a bit wishful for Tucker. For Dipo yeah, but Tucker would likely land us a 2nd rounder or two, an expiring contract and thatís it. Iíd still take it though lol

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I doubt Houston buys him out. That just doesn't make any sense. Considering all the teams who are going to be buyers at the deadline and Tucker being a cheap expiring contract, the Rockets would be crazy to buy him out. Like I'm not expecting a huge return, but they can definitely get something for PJ.

In other related news, Woj reported yesterday that there was a legit trade market for Eric Gordon, which was both exciting and surprising. If Houston could move on from his contract (which isn't as bad as Wall's) and net some decent assets in return, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The hope around Houston is that because there are so few sellers approaching the trade deadline and so many teams looking to make improvements before the playoffs, a team like the Rockets should be able to get max value out of some guys. I'm not expecting the Rockets to end up with a ton of first rounders or anything, but I'm hoping for a few picks, some young guys and hopefully a first rounder or two in there somewhere between guys like Dipo, Gordon, Tucker and House.

I doubt Houston buys him out. That just doesn't make any sense. Considering all the teams who are going to be buyers at the deadline and Tucker being a cheap expiring contract, the Rockets would be crazy to buy him out. Like I'm not expecting a huge return, but they can definitely get something for PJ.

In other related news, Woj reported yesterday that there was a legit trade market for Eric Gordon, which was both exciting and surprising. If Houston could move on from his contract (which isn't as bad as Wall's) and net some decent assets in return, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The hope around Houston is that because there are so few sellers approaching the trade deadline and so many teams looking to make improvements before the playoffs, a team like the Rockets should be able to get max value out of some guys. I'm not expecting the Rockets to end up with a ton of first rounders or anything, but I'm hoping for a few picks, some young guys and hopefully a first rounder or two in there somewhere between guys like Dipo, Gordon, Tucker and House.
    I think there will be a bidding war among contenders for PJ Tucker.

Harden out a minimum of 10 days with his hamstring injury.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Harden out a minimum of 10 days with his hamstring injury.
    They are lucky Durant is coming back on Wednesday. If he wasnít I gurantee that Irving would have found a way to sit out too. No way he plays any extended amount of games with out the other two. He would fake an injury so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    They are lucky Durant is coming back on Wednesday. If he wasnít I gurantee that Irving would have found a way to sit out too. No way he plays any extended amount of games with out the other two. He would fake an injury so fast.
    He probably still will lol

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    He probably still will lol
    Lmao... itís funny cuz itís true 😆

Harden is out indefinitely with a set back during his rehab.

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast