Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1105
  1. #991
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,272
    Big game tonight in the fight to get to the bottom! Rockets vs. Cavs! A combined 1-18 in their last 19 games combined! Who will come away with the loss?

    In all seriousness, though, this season has been truly depressing. Is it baseball season yet?


  2. #992
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    48,198
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Big game tonight in the fight to get to the bottom! Rockets vs. Cavs! A combined 1-18 in their last 19 games combined! Who will come away with the loss?

    In all seriousness, though, this season has been truly depressing. Is it baseball season yet?
    You got the worst experience of not contending nor developing a promising young core. The lone bright spot is that you found a moneyball all-star. Thats something you can build with

  3. #993
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,137
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Whoís Kane lol
    Clearly me. Rockets fans, Sixer fans, fans who are too afraid to even mention their fav team (you know who you are) and even you at times have come at me. Although we always keep it civil. Tell me, still wanna trade Kyle Lowry? Or is it time for you to receive a throat thrust from the Big Red Machine?
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 02-25-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #994
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,137
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    No KD too. Random gut feeling but they're going to end up one of those teams that look better without one of those three playing than with all three together.
    This could be true. It's just that come playoff time, KD can't be the one missing otherwise they're screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  5. #995
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,137
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    What stats? Like your asinine 2:1 AST:TO ratio argument? How's that looking right about now with him leading the league in assists despite playing next to Kyrie? The lack of legitimate statistics in your arguments against James is staggering. You just rail on the man's game, his intangibles and his defense like every other casual NBA fan or "analyst" who has no ****ing clue what they're talking about.

    All you do is troll, my man. I'll be in a thread talking about something completely unrelated to Harden and you'll comment with some random jab at Harden that has nothing to do with my post. It's pathetic. The man is in Brooklyn, chief. I'm a Rockets fan. Move on with your life and find someone else to troll.

    Houston (and myself) have much bigger things to worry about right now than James Harden. Get over yourself.
    Instead of expanding beyond my point, why not try and focus on it? Instead you call it asinine then refuse to pay any attention to it. You can also stop attacking me then immediately crying victim anytime I make an argument against Ames Harden. If you don't want me to make fun of you then stop attacking me and crying victim.

    Over the past decade I believe only 1 championship team had a PG with an AST:TO ratio less than 2:1. James Harden has never been able to accomplish that. I'm well aware of all the assists he gets but the turnovers matter. Simply looking at just his assist numbers without taking into account the turnovers will give you a clouded judgement on Ames Harden. I'll try and make a comparison.

    A comparison would be like back in the day when Knicks fans would be all like, "Melo dropped 30!" while completely disregarding that he shot 40% while taking 25 shots to score those points. Yeah, Melo could score lots of points it's just that it took him a lot of shots to do it. That's why the Knicks only made the playoffs once with him. When it comes to Ames Harden you only look at his assist numbers much like Knicks fans would only look at Melo's total points. Ames Harden turns the ball over more than almost anyone in the league.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 02-25-2021 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  6. #996
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,034
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Clearly me. Rockets fans, Sixer fans, fans who are too afraid to even mention their fav team (you know who you are) and even you at times have come at me. Although we always keep it civil. Tell me, still wanna trade Kyle Lowry? Or is it time for you to receive a throat thrust from the Big Red Machine?
    Lucky for you I like Kane. But donít get it twisted, if youíre Kane Iím Taker =)

    You donít have problems with me because Iím able to walk away. If Iím going to be 100% honest I havenít seen you find common ground with anyone in the forum. You seem to view this as you VS the forum. And thatís cool if thatís what you intend to do. But I have a different approach, Iím not here to feed my ego and prove myself right, or beat a dead horse and stubbornly stick to my guns no matter what. I have this ability to learn from others. You have some great insights and thatís why I still discuss with you. But I also know the minute we donít agree on something, Iím better off to simply walk away then to find any sort of common ground because I know youíre not interested in that. And thatís ok..

    And yes absolutely I would def trade Kyle Lowry if it netted us a decent return because Iím being realistic about his age, and the type of contract and term it will require to keep him here. I also think Masai blew any chance we had a successful playoff run by leaving us with a depleted front court. So again yes, I would trade Lowry, but I donít want to just give him away either. I trust Masai to make that decision.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-25-2021 at 12:06 PM.

  7. #997
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,185
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lucky for you I like Kane. But donít get it twisted, if youíre Kane Iím Taker =)

    You donít have problems with me because Iím able to walk away. If Iím going to be 100% honest I havenít seen you find common ground with anyone in the forum. You seem to view this as you VS the forum. And thatís cool if thatís what you intend to do. But I have a different approach, Iím not here to feed my ego and prove myself right, or beat a dead horse and stubbornly stick to my guns no matter what. I have this ability to learn from others. You have some great insights and thatís why I still discuss with you. But I also know the minute we donít agree on something, Iím better off to simply walk away then to find any sort of common ground because I know youíre not interested in that. And thatís ok..

    And yes absolutely I would def trade Kyle Lowry if it netted us a decent return because Iím being realistic about his age, and the type of contract and term it will require to keep him here. I also think Masai blew any chance we had a successful playoff run by leaving us with a depleted front court. So again yes, I would trade Lowry, but I donít want to just give him away either. I trust Masai to make that decision.
    On the Lowry front, thereís a rumor he wants to join the Sixers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #998
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,034
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    On the Lowry front, thereís a rumor he wants to join the Sixers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I knoooow bro, I went in your thread ďthe random trade ideasĒ thread and posted a deal for Lowry to the 6ers. But no one going in that thread. Lol

    It makes perfect sense, heís from Philly, which means even though his deal is expiring the 6ers can feel pretty confident that he will resign. He wants to be on a contender, it just so happens his home town is 1st in the east. Plus you guys get his bird rights and he likely comes back on a team friendly deal being that he gets to retire at home and has a chance to win.

    Also the 6ers have so many options they can use to make a trade happen with out touching their core. I think thereís something to these rumours bro. And honestly I would be so super happy for Lowry if it happens. He deserves it, and he can really help the 6ers IMO.

  9. #999
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,137
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lucky for you I like Kane. But donít get it twisted, if youíre Kane Iím Taker =)

    You donít have problems with me because Iím able to walk away. If Iím going to be 100% honest I havenít seen you find common ground with anyone in the forum. You seem to view this as you VS the forum. And thatís cool if thatís what you intend to do. But I have a different approach, Iím not here to feed my ego and prove myself right, or beat a dead horse and stubbornly stick to my guns no matter what. I have this ability to learn from others. You have some great insights and thatís why I still discuss with you. But I also know the minute we donít agree on something, Iím better off to simply walk away then to find any sort of common ground because I know youíre not interested in that. And thatís ok..

    And yes absolutely I would def trade Kyle Lowry if it netted us a decent return because Iím being realistic about his age, and the type of contract and term it will require to keep him here. I also think Masai blew any chance we had a successful playoff run by leaving us with a depleted front court. So again yes, I would trade Lowry, but I donít want to just give him away either. I trust Masai to make that decision.
    I agree with numerous posters in the Raps forum. I also agree with plenty of posters in the NBA forum. It's just the one's who disagree with me have a hard time with debate. I always ask for clarification though. Much like I'm doing now in the Raps forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  10. #1000
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,137
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I knoooow bro, I went in your thread ďthe random trade ideasĒ thread and posted a deal for Lowry to the 6ers. But no one going in that thread. Lol

    It makes perfect sense, heís from Philly, which means even though his deal is expiring the 6ers can feel pretty confident that he will resign. He wants to be on a contender, it just so happens his home town is 1st in the east. Plus you guys get his bird rights and he likely comes back on a team friendly deal being that he gets to retire at home and has a chance to win.

    Also the 6ers have so many options they can use to make a trade happen with out touching their core. I think thereís something to these rumours bro. And honestly I would be so super happy for Lowry if it happens. He deserves it, and he can really help the 6ers IMO.
    What would you want from the Sixers in return for Kyle Lowry? Can I get specifics considering we've zeroed in on a team? Last time we came up with Malik Beasley and Ed Davis for Lowry and I couldn't vibe with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  11. #1001
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,034
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What would you want from the Sixers in return for Kyle Lowry? Can I get specifics considering we've zeroed in on a team? Last time we came up with Malik Beasley and Ed Davis for Lowry and I couldn't vibe with that.
    Well thatís the thing. Youíre not gonna like it either way lol. Weíre not getting core players so Simmons, Harris, Embiid are out of the question obviously. But you donít like the idea of paying Simmons and Harris max money anyways.

    Realistically Green and his $15 mill expiring would be involved
    Then probably Mike Scott and his $5 mill expiring would likely be involved.

    Beyond that, I personally like Thybulle and Bradley as pieces that can grow in the Raptors system. Also Iíd want a pick. Phillys pick wonít be high as they are in first place in the east. But even a pick in the 25-30 range in this years draft can be valuable. We also have our own pick which we can combine and possibly move up. This years draft is suppose to be really good.

    So thatís one idea. Different variations of that trade can be created. The 6ers have a bunch of prospects

  12. #1002
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,137
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Well thatís the thing. Youíre not gonna like it either way lol. Weíre not getting core players so Simmons, Harris, Embiid are out of the question obviously. But you donít like the idea of paying Simmons and Harris max money anyways.

    Realistically Green and his $15 mill expiring would be involved
    Then probably Mike Scott and his $5 mill expiring would likely be involved.

    Beyond that, I personally like Thybulle and Bradley as pieces that can grow in the Raptors system. Also Iíd want a pick. Phillys pick wonít be high as they are in first place in the east. But even a pick in the 25-30 range in this years draft can be valuable. We also have our own pick which we can combine and possibly move up. This years draft is suppose to be really good.

    So thatís one idea. Different variations of that trade can be created. The 6ers have a bunch of prospects
    Do me a favour. Don't tell me what I like when I ask you for clarification on your own ideas. I want to hear your ideas. What I like doesn't matter.

    So what I'm getting from you is something like Green, Scott, Thybulle and Bradley + a 1st for Lowry? Is that correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  13. #1003
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,034
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Do me a favour. Don't tell me what I like when I ask you for clarification on your own ideas. I want to hear your ideas. What I like doesn't matter.

    So what I'm getting from you is something like Green, Scott, Thybulle and Bradley + a 1st for Lowry? Is that correct?
    Well last time we had this convo you literally said I wouldnít want to pay the max for Harris or Simmons. So following that train of thought, guys like Green and Scott need to be included. And Lowry isnít going to bet us Harris or Simmons so logically we have to include some guys to make up the salary.

    Also itís not my trade idea. Itís a rumour that Lowry prefers the 6ers and so Iím trying to look at the most realistic trade scenario as possible. Realistically weíre looking at Green & Scott and a couple prospects. My pick of those two prospects would be Thybulle and Bradley. And as I mentioned a first rounder.

    Your guess as good as mine as to what the deal would actually look like.

  14. #1004
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,272
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Instead of expanding beyond my point, why not try and focus on it? Instead you call it asinine then refuse to pay any attention to it. You can also stop attacking me then immediately crying victim anytime I make an argument against Ames Harden. If you don't want me to make fun of you then stop attacking me and crying victim.
    Honey, you wish you were capable of "making fun of me." All you do is take every opportunity to try and troll a single playerósomeone I remind you doesn't even play for the Rockets anymore. It's not bullying. It's just pathetic trolling.

    Over the past decade I believe only 1 championship team had a PG with an AST:TO ratio less than 2:1. James Harden has never been able to accomplish that. I'm well aware of all the assists he gets but the turnovers matter. Simply looking at just his assist numbers without taking into account the turnovers will give you a clouded judgement on Ames Harden. I'll try and make a comparison.
    OK, I'll bite on this. Assist-turnover ratio is a garbage stat, because people like you make assumptions that it's all about playmaking and poor passes. But it's not, because it doesn't account for offensive fouls, something Harden usually is toward the top of the league in.

    Let's compare James to someone like Steph Curry for a minute using a different statistic: assists per bad pass from 82games.com. Compare Harden's last season in Houston in (19-20) versus Curry's last full season in Golden State (18-19). What do we find? That Harden's assists per bad pass (4.7) is higher than Curry's (3.9) and that Harden unsurprisingly committed significantly more offensive fouls (52) than Curry that season (14).

    (Additional note here: But it's also really hard to account for the times Harden drove to the basket and had it stripped or lost it on the way to the bucket. I don't have the time to compare number of drives between the two, but I can pretty much guarantee Harden's dwarfs Curry's.)

    Given that Harden is taking way fewer shots and has been more of a facilitator this season and less of a go-to scorer in Brooklyn, it's pretty easy to to see why the guy is posting a career high AST-TO ratio (2.73). His offensive fouls (8 total in Brooklyn) are way down as his FGA are the lowest they've been since his last season in OKC. If you drive less, you turn the ball over less, and few players in the league drove more and drew more contact over the last decade than James Harden.

    A comparison would be like back in the day when Knicks fans would be all like, "Melo dropped 30!" while completely disregarding that he shot 40% while taking 25 shots to score those points. Yeah, Melo could score lots of points it's just that it took him a lot of shots to do it. That's why the Knicks only made the playoffs once with him. When it comes to Ames Harden you only look at his assist numbers much like Knicks fans would only look at Melo's total points. Ames Harden turns the ball over more than almost anyone in the league.
    See all my notes above. You're using a single stat to try to ignore literally dozens of others that prove how dominant Harden has been over the last decade. And I just showed how imperfect turnovers are a statistic to try and prove poor playmaking.

    Also, Melo is a terrible comparison. Because Harden drops 30 on a fraction of the shots while also averaging 8-11 assists per game and leading some of the league's most efficient offenses. There's a reason why, despite being toward the top of the league in turnovers every year, every offensive statistic on the planet still recognizes the man's greatness. Like, for example, that he's been top 5 in the entire league in OWS for 10 straight seasonsóyou know, a stat that accounts for turnovers.

    So, please, get over yourself with your assist-turnover rhetoric. Now that he's proving his dominance in that statistic, you're going to have find some other nitpicky crap to try and hang your anti-Harden hat on.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 02-25-2021 at 02:20 PM.


  15. #1005
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,137
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Well last time we had this convo you literally said I wouldnít want to pay the max for Harris or Simmons. So following that train of thought, guys like Green and Scott need to be included. And Lowry isnít going to bet us Harris or Simmons so logically we have to include some guys to make up the salary.

    Also itís not my trade idea. Itís a rumour that Lowry prefers the 6ers and so Iím trying to look at the most realistic trade scenario as possible. Realistically weíre looking at Green & Scott and a couple prospects. My pick of those two prospects would be Thybulle and Bradley. And as I mentioned a first rounder.

    Your guess as good as mine as to what the deal would actually look like.
    Dude, I'm trying to gain insight as to why you want to trade Lowry. Can you please tell me what you would expect to get from Philly?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •