Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    lol trying to make fun of someone's favourite team when you yourself don't have one is like making fun of someone for having a family while you're an orphan. Bow down.
    You live in Canada lol it's not similar at all. It's not like there's only 1 United States NBA team and anyone, anywhere in that country can claim them as their home team. [emoji1751]

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    You live in Canada lol it's not similar at all. It's not like there's only 1 United States NBA team and anyone, anywhere in that country can claim them as their home team. [emoji1751]
    Did I strike a nerve? Chill out dude, it was just a clever joke. No need to get defensive about jokes now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I know I've been all over the place on this Rockets team, but I'm like 3-5 games away from wanting to see Oladipo traded and another push in the direction of a rebuild.

I like the guy, but he's been terrible in Houston, and I have no desire to see him making $30 million plus on this team after this season. Plus, you should still be able to get young prospects and at least one first for him, and the Rockets might even be better in the short term by moving him.

The question them becomes who's interested. Is Miami desperate enough to deal for him and offer a strong enough package for him? Would New York be willing to deal Toppin or Robinson?

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I know I've been all over the place on this Rockets team, but I'm like 3-5 games away from wanting to see Oladipo traded and another push in the direction of a rebuild.

I like the guy, but he's been terrible in Houston, and I have no desire to see him making $30 million plus on this team after this season. Plus, you should still be able to get young prospects and at least one first for him, and the Rockets might even be better in the short term by moving him.

The question them becomes who's interested. Is Miami desperate enough to deal for him and offer a strong enough package for him? Would New York be willing to deal Toppin or Robinson?
    Are there any title hopefuls (I can't see a 2nd or lower tier team making that deal) that would trade a 1st for a partial season rental of him AND have the assets to send out to fit him? I don't see them.

I'm sure he can be moved but I don't know the Rockets get much of value back.

Weak troll attempt lol the Raptors are cheeks
    Raptors took a while to adjust with the losses of Ibaka and Gasol. But yeah Raptors don't seem to be the deadly threat like they use to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Raptors took a while to adjust with the losses of Ibaka and Gasol. But yeah Raptors don't seem to be the deadly threat like they use to be.
    Thatís on management. They were sleeping through free agency, by the time they woke up and the dust settled they lost both their Cs to LA teams, lost out on free agent bigs and got left with Baynes. Anyone loses their front court and replaces them with Baynes is realistically out of the playoffs lol..

It was very dumb how it all went down too. Ibaka was upset that the Raptors were prioritizing Gasol over him, got tired of waiting and decided to join Leonard. Gasol then signs with the Lakers anyways, then thereís a mad scramble to find bigs that fit, and realized thereís only buttom of the barrel talent left in the market. Iím actually pretty upset at our FO for this. Itís not something weíre going to bounce back from. I think this is the year we trade Lowry and rebuild. it really didnít have to be though.

The underlined concern is that Masai himself has not signed an extension, and I think that explains why he didnít committ to any long term deals in fee agency. He could be leaving.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-08-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Thatís on management. They were sleeping through free agency, by the time they woke up and the dust settled they lost both their Cs to LA teams, lost out on free agent bigs and got left with Baynes. Anyone loses their front court and replaces them with Baynes is realistically out of the playoffs lol..

It was very dumb how it all went down too. Ibaka was upset that the Raptors were prioritizing Gasol over him, got tired of waiting and decided to join Leonard. Gasol then signs with the Lakers anyways, then thereís a mad scramble to find bigs that fit, and realized thereís only buttom of the barrel talent left in the market. Iím actually pretty upset at our FO for this. Itís not something weíre going to bounce back from. I think this is the year we trade Lowry and rebuild. it really didnít have to be though.

The underlined concern is that Masai himself has not signed an extension, and I think that explains why he didnít committ to any long term deals in fee agency. He could be leaving.
    The East is very weak, I expect the Raps to have a seat at the table this year, even if they don't try or don't want it.

The East is very weak, I expect the Raps to have a seat at the table this year, even if they don't try or don't want it.
    Which is even worse because then our pick wonít be **** and I have no interest in watching the Raptors get spanked and swept out of the first round.

Sometimes itís better to admit the mistake and reset. Going forward with this core is a mistake and could set the franchise back years. If Lowry walks in free agency (highly probable) this team is dead in the water. If youíve ever watched a Raptors game, that entire team goes as far as Lowry takes them. When he sits, they are completely lost. If he doesnít play itís a scheduled win for the other team.

Weíre at that stage now where we need to admit to a couple of mistakes. One Siakam is not a franchise player, first option, or a max contract player. We gotta accept that, and maybe try to trade him for young prospects and picks while we can. Lowry is 35 and has no business being on a treadmill team or one thats headed in to a rebuild. Trade him to a contender for picks and assets before losing him for nothing. Hit that reset and build around FVV.

The day the Raptors lost Ibaka and Gasol is the day they lost their defensive identity and as a result will never be the same, not with this core group. Time to move on. It was a good run, but management handles the talent poorly in the end and it all crumbled down.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-08-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Nets signed Noah Vonleh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is even worse because then our pick wonít be **** and I have no interest in watching the Raptors get spanked and swept out of the first round.

Sometimes itís better to admit the mistake and reset. Going forward with this core is a mistake and could set the franchise back years. If Lowry walks in free agency (highly probable) this team is dead in the water. If youíve ever watched a Raptors game, that entire team goes as far as Lowry takes them. When he sits, they are completely lost. If he doesnít play itís a scheduled win for the other team.

Weíre at that stage now where we need to admit to a couple of mistakes. One Siakam is not a franchise player, first option, or a max contract player. We gotta accept that, and maybe try to trade him for young prospects and picks while we can. Lowry is 35 and has no business being on a treadmill team or one thats headed in to a rebuild. Trade him to a contender for picks and assets before losing him for nothing. Hit that reset and build around FVV.

The day the Raptors lost Ibaka and Gasol is the day they lost their defensive identity and as a result will never be the same, not with this core group. Time to move on. It was a good run, but management handles the talent poorly in the end and it all crumbled down.
    Silver lining, you all got a championship out of it. I think for the Raps to miss the playoffs this season, would take a Herculean effort, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Nets signed Noah Vonleh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I missed that news, should help with being another big body.

They have 4 dudes on non-guaranteed contracts now though, lol

Silver lining, you all got a championship out of it. I think for the Raps to miss the playoffs this season, would take a Herculean effort, tbh.
    Trade Lowry and they lose 80% of their games

Trade Lowry and they lose 80% of their games
    Prolly still good enough for the 8 seed in the East [emoji23]

This is worth a bump for how bad the Rockets have been since Wood rolled his ankle again. If he doesn't get back soon, this team has zero chance at the playoffs.

And this team definitely needs to trade Dipo and Tucker at the deadline. But as poorly as they're playing, I'm not sure what they're going to get for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This is worth a bump for how bad the Rockets have been since Wood rolled his ankle again. If he doesn't get back soon, this team has zero chance at the playoffs.

And this team definitely needs to trade Dipo and Tucker at the deadline. But as poorly as they're playing, I'm not sure what they're going to get for them.
    Losing Wood will have a massive effect as he's really only their reliable scoring option when it comes to bigs. Once Wood is back though, they'll be fine.

How about the Nets though? They can't seem to put together a run. 6-4 over the last 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast