Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 1094
  1. #811
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post


    Again, it's hard to take you seriously when you clearly don't watch the team and use the same tired ******** over and over again. I know what's going on, because I actually watch them play basketball. Also, Harden isn't on the Rockets anymore. I'm over it and have moved on. Maybe you could get over yourself and move on, too, but that's probably giving you too much credit.

    How are your Raptors doing, btw? It's too bad they didn't trade for Harden. They probably wouldn't be five games under .500 if they had. Oh well. Enjoy that lottery pick at least!
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The Nets were a poor defensive team before the Harden trade, though. And it doesn't help that they lost Allen in the deal. Hell, they gave up 149 points in regulation to the freaking Wizards tonight, and Harden didn't even play.
    Stop accusing others of the very same thing that you do. The Nets absolutely weren't a poor defensive team before the trade. In fact, they proved last year that when Kyrie isn't on the floor they were actually one of the better defensive teams. Now with Kyrie and Harden together yes, they're a horrible defensive team. I know my basketball. You just have to stop getting so butt hurt when someone calls it like it is. Harden is a regular season basketball player who does next to nothing on the defensive end.

    Let me guess, the Nets league worst defensive rating is all Kyrie's fault? Does Harden even take a single ounce of the blame?

    P.S. George Springer looks great in blue.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 02-01-2021 at 10:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Aw I'm not putting it on any one guy, just thought it was a cool stat and what most expected.
    Well if Kyrie actually played defence then Harden wouldn't have to!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  3. #813
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The Nets were a poor defensive team before the Harden trade, though. And it doesn't help that they lost Allen in the deal. Hell, they gave up 149 points in regulation to the freaking Wizards tonight, and Harden didn't even play.
    That's why they only gave up 149.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I mean if Harden wins a ring in Brooklyn as a main piece? What to say then? He and Durant look lethal together
    I've stated before that Brooklyn will be a 2nd round exit. You're more than welcome to quote me on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  5. #815
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,990
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    The Nets absolutely weren't a poor defensive team before the trade. In fact, they proved last year that when Kyrie isn't on the floor they were actually one of the better defensive teams.
    TBF, I think Kenny Atkinson played a big part in that, and IMO it’s part of the reason Kyrie wanted him gone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    One thing now that the trade has happened that all Rockets fans are waiting for is the media narrative shift. There's a belief that Houston (and Harden by association) gets crapped on by the national media as a smaller media market, and now that James is on a super team in New York, the media is going to love him.

    I'm not saying I 100% agree either way, but I do think there's going to be a lot more people praising him than there was before. I'm looking forward to more naaratives about his foul drawing ability as "savvy, veteran tactics" and praise for his defense thst was supposedly awful his whole career (even though he's been damn good the last 2-3 seasons).

    If this happens, expect some threads from me calling out the hypocrisy.
    Looks like we're gonna be waiting a while...

    You have a knack for projecting yourself onto others and this post proves it. There is no media narrative around Harden. It's just your own denial refusing to admit that Harden actually isn't the superstar that you make him out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    TBF, I think Kenny Atkinson played a big part in that, and IMO it’s part of the reason Kyrie wanted him gone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah to this day that firing still doesn't make sense. Unless he got blamed for his 3rd stringers getting beat by a fully healthy Raps team in the playoffs. If I were a Nets fan I'd be pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  8. #818
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,990
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yeah to this day that firing still doesn't make sense. Unless he got blamed for his 3rd stringers getting beat by a fully healthy Raps team in the playoffs. If I were a Nets fan I'd be pissed.
    I mean, the story came out that Kyrie and KD wanted him gone, and they claimed it was “no offensive plan”. Considering they were better than expected under him it had to be something.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #819
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Remember all that stuff I said a few pages ago about trying to go for it with this Rockets team? After watching this first half, I think I've done a 180. Also, I low key think they may actively be trying to tank. Wall is supposedly not even traveling on the next road trip. Oladipo sat for a crazy long time in this first half. And an apparently 55-year-old DeMarcus Cousins was on the floor looking like he's playing in slow motion.

    **** it. Blow the whole thing up. Fire sale. Trade anything that's of any value whatsoever. I'll take the coin flip.
    I love how they started a 5 game winning streak right after this incredibly ignorant post. You're just going through a transition as a fan right now. You're going to be watching a team that relies on its defence to win games. I know it's not the same as watching 4v5 sets on D then watching 1 guy do all the work on offence but I promise, it'll yield better results than what you're used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  10. #820
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I mean, the story came out that Kyrie and KD wanted him gone, and they claimed it was “no offensive plan”. Considering they were better than expected under him it had to be something.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doesn't change that I'd still be pissed if I were a fan. I root for a team where the GM personally eradicated superstar culture from the team along with benching their star player for leaving the bench early. You can't let drama queens run the show otherwise you end up in situations like the Nets are in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  11. #821
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,800
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I've stated before that Brooklyn will be a 2nd round exit. You're more than welcome to quote me on it.
    Wasn’t my question brother. I won’t need to quote you, the entire forum knows at this point how you feel. I’m just saying you’ve spent all this time trying to convince everyone that Harden is not a winner. What happens if they do win?

  12. #822
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,800
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Doesn't change that I'd still be pissed if I were a fan. I root for a team where the GM personally eradicated superstar culture from the team along with benching their star player for leaving the bench early. You can't let drama queens run the show otherwise you end up in situations like the Nets are in.
    They are in a much better situation than the Raptors are, get real bro lol

    They’re 2nd in the east, we’re 10th. What am I missing

  13. #823
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,261
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I love how they started a 5 game winning streak right after this incredibly ignorant post. You're just going through a transition as a fan right now. You're going to be watching a team that relies on its defence to win games. I know it's not the same as watching 4v5 sets on D then watching 1 guy do all the work on offence but I promise, it'll yield better results than what you're used to.
    They were 4-9, Wall had no timeline for a return in sight and Wood had just rolled his ankle horribly where I knew he was going to miss time. Also, Oladipo expiring means they had a very limited time to turn it around.

    It was ignorant, but I was watching a horrible basketball team missing its $40 million player that was five games under .500. Hindsight is 20/20. I didn't see you jumping in to defend them at the time either.


  14. #824
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,261
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Stop accusing others of the very same thing that you do. The Nets absolutely weren't a poor defensive team before the trade. In fact, they proved last year that when Kyrie isn't on the floor they were actually one of the better defensive teams. Now with Kyrie and Harden together yes, they're a horrible defensive team. I know my basketball. You just have to stop getting so butt hurt when someone calls it like it is. Harden is a regular season basketball player who does next to nothing on the defensive end.

    Let me guess, the Nets league worst defensive rating is all Kyrie's fault? Does Harden even take a single ounce of the blame?
    Prior to the Harden trade, Brooklyn's opponents were scoring 112.9 PPG, 22nd best in the league. Also, I'm not saying deserves zero blame, but he's one guy on a rotation of 9-10 guys. Why is the entire defense the fault of a single player? O overlooking the loss of Jarrett Allen on a team lacking any other legit big aside frpm DJ is pretty insane to me, too.
    P.S. George Springer looks great in blue.
    Let me guess: Now that he's in Toronto, you can forgive him for the sign stealing scandal? What a surprise.


  15. #825
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Wasn’t my question brother. I won’t need to quote you, the entire forum knows at this point how you feel. I’m just saying you’ve spent all this time trying to convince everyone that Harden is not a winner. What happens if they do win?
    Then he's a winner. He won't be winning a championship though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •