Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Where did you come up with these percentages? [emoji23][emoji848]
    How does anyone? It's just my take on how likely I think each team will make the Finals. Brooklyn feels like a favorite, but given the choice between them or the field, I give the rest of the conference a slight edge. Milwaukee feels like the clear and obvious second choice, and then Boston, Philly and Miami all feel like they have an outside shot if things fall their way or they make roster moves.

Of the three, it feels like Boston, Philly and Miami make the most sense in that order, although Miami could certainly improve their chances. They're just starting to dig themselves a hole that they're going to have to climb out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Stars are not enough to make a team. That Nets team is not there yet.
    Sure it is. Remember when you had Curry, Klay, and KD. You think that team won based on long hours on floor building chemistry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sure it is. Remember when you had Curry, Klay, and KD. You think that team won based on long hours on floor building chemistry?

They were insanely deep on top of that. Thats why they were a title contender before KD joined them. Not because of Steph , Klay , or Draymond on their own.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    How does anyone? It's just my take on how likely I think each team will make the Finals. Brooklyn feels like a favorite, but given the choice between them or the field, I give the rest of the conference a slight edge. Milwaukee feels like the clear and obvious second choice, and then Boston, Philly and Miami all feel like they have an outside shot if things fall their way or they make roster moves.

Of the three, it feels like Boston, Philly and Miami make the most sense in that order, although Miami could certainly improve their chances. They're just starting to dig themselves a hole that they're going to have to climb out of.
    I gotcha, I just have no confidence in the Bucks as a true postseason contender.

Harden Traded to Nets

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    They were insanely deep on top of that. Thats why they were a title contender before KD joined them. Not because of Steph , Klay , or Draymond on their own.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    It was they had the most talent.

It was they had the most talent.

Yes, but I think continuity has to be a huge piece of it as well. Kerr was in his first season as coach when they won their first title, but that core of Curry, Klay, Draymond, Iggy and Barnes had two full seasons playing together. By the time their last title, Curry, Klay, Draymong, Iggy, Livingston and Kerr had been together for 4-5 seasons.

I think it takes time to develop the kind of chemistry and dominance that Warriors team had and sustained. The KG/Allen/Pierce trio won in their first year together, but the Heatles didn't. It took years before the Jordan/Pippen Bulls started winning titles. Even the Shaq/Kobe Lakers didn't win a ring until their fourth year together.

Talent means a lot, but it's going to take a minute for this Brooklyn team to really figure itself out, and I'd be surprised if this current roster is the same roster they have by the time they get to the playoffs.

Yes. Green, Iguodala, and Livingston were there too and had been for years and were major players in how that team performed. They also assembled the team in the off-season not mid-season.

Harden Traded to Nets

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes. Green, Iguodala, and Livingston were there too and had been for years and were major players in how that team performed. They also assembled the team in the off-season not mid-season.
    And they won bc they were by far the most talented team in the league. Iím not saying the Nets are a lock. I donít think they are but Iím also not going to pretend that the state of player movement in the NBA hasnít created a situation where we often know who will be in the finals before the year starts and many stars donít even take the regular season seriously. Winning titles in the NBA is about having stars and assembling talent

Yes. You donít learn how to play team defence like the Warriors do over night.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yes. You donít learn how to play team defence like the Warriors do over night.
    they averaged 187 points a game in the finals

they averaged 187 points a game in the finals
    Probably had a lot to do with the core being in place for a good chunk of time before KDís arrival. Donít get me wrong, KD put them over the top but you canít just ignore the years they played together before he showed up. They were already in the finals without him.

Harden Traded to Nets

Probably had a lot to do with the core being in place for a good chunk of time before KDís arrival. Donít get me wrong, KD put them over the top but you canít just ignore the years they played together before he showed up. They were already in the finals without him.
    A lot is a stretch. They had 3 of 10 best shooters in NBA history.

A lot is a stretch. They had 3 of 10 best shooters in NBA history.

And 2 of them were thanks to drafting and development. That Warriors team was pretty much built from the ground up aside from KD.

And 2 of them were thanks to drafting and development. That Warriors team was pretty much built from the ground up aside from KD.
    you are confusing correlation and causation.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    By no means am I saying that the Celtics or the 6ers are not good teams. They are both really good teams. I just donít think theyíll have a chance in hell to contain Durant in the playoffs, and when you add Harden, Kyrie, Harris, Dinwiddie, Jordan, Shamet, Green.. its over before it starts.
    Not with Kyrie after how he hurt the Celtics chances in the playoffs as they play much better without him...how would it be different now? Sometimes its better not having Divas on the team regardless of how much talent they have but if the Nets prove me wrong, I will admit it and congratulate you for seeing what i don't see.

Anyways, the Lakers and Boston were my top 2 teams heading into this season and don't see the need to change my prediction unlike everyone else might be doing. Many had Denver as the 2nd best team overall coming in but I pointed out they needed Grant to be that good but I guess no one really watched him play in the bubble but Jokic and Murray.

1Lakers, 2Celtics, 3Sixers, 4Suns, 5Jazz

Looks like my top 5 teams from the very beginning are close to lining up like pretty maids in a row. So how you like them hot takes LOL [emoji1787]

Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast