Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Well, Harden dropped that first game triple double. Just it was his first game with the Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    I saw this earlier. I wonder how the trade is still allowed to go through?

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    I saw this earlier. I wonder how the trade is still allowed to go through?
    They just got additional compensation. The Pacers coulda nixed the trade, decided not to. They feel comfortable Caris will play again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    They just got additional compensation. The Pacers coulda nixed the trade, decided not to. They feel comfortable Caris will play again at some point.
    Gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Well, Harden dropped that first game triple double. Just it was his first game with the Nets.
    Impressive performance vs the Magic team that was playing a segababa and that had gotten trounced by an undermanned Cs team the night before. Only took Durant and Harden combining for 75 to pull the Nets out of the gutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing now that the trade has happened that all Rockets fans are waiting for is the media narrative shift. There's a belief that Houston (and Harden by association) gets crapped on by the national media as a smaller media market, and now that James is on a super team in New York, the media is going to love him.

I'm not saying I 100% agree either way, but I do think there's going to be a lot more people praising him than there was before. I'm looking forward to more naaratives about his foul drawing ability as "savvy, veteran tactics" and praise for his defense thst was supposedly awful his whole career (even though he's been damn good the last 2-3 seasons).

If this happens, expect some threads from me calling out the hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    One thing now that the trade has happened that all Rockets fans are waiting for is the media narrative shift. There's a belief that Houston (and Harden by association) gets crapped on by the national media as a smaller media market, and now that James is on a super team in New York, the media is going to love him.

I'm not saying I 100% agree either way, but I do think there's going to be a lot more people praising him than there was before. I'm looking forward to more naaratives about his foul drawing ability as "savvy, veteran tactics" and praise for his defense thst was supposedly awful his whole career (even though he's been damn good the last 2-3 seasons).

I'm in the laker forum a lot because I'm a Bron fan- man the disrespect for his defense is maddening

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

Houston is the 7th largest media market in the US. If Houston is a smaller media market God help the Portlands, Milwaukees, Salt Lake Citys, and Indianas of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Houston is the 7th largest media market in the US. If Houston is a smaller media market God help the Portlands, Milwaukees, Salt Lake Citys, and Indianas of the world.
    I have Houston 8th.

NYC, LA, Chitown, Philly, DFW, SF, ATL, Houston. The part I find more interesting is that the difference from place 6 to 10 is 100k homes while NYC is around the same as SF, ATL, and Houston combined.

I think Memphis is the smallest market in the NBA. Less than 1/10th the size of NYC market.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I have Houston 8th.

NYC, LA, Chitown, Philly, DFW, SF, ATL, Houston. The part I find more interesting is that the difference from place 6 to 10 is 100k homes while NYC is around the same as SF, ATL, and Houston combined.

I think Memphis is the smallest market in the NBA. Less than 1/10th the size of NYC market.
    Random 'fun fact':
    Everyone thinks Vegas is a lock for an NBA expansion team and their market is barely bigger than OKC and smaller than Milwaukee with no other market to link into it. If Virginia Beach pulls the Richmond market into it with an NBA team (likely since it's closer than DC), VB would be almost double the market size of Vegas.

Of course the biggest thing this leaves out is Toronto. Likely would slide in between Chicago and Philly in those maket sizes.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...north-america/

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'm in the laker forum a lot because I'm a Bron fan- man the disrespect for his defense is maddening

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure most agree that hes good in the post but pretty average overall. Which is where he should be

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Random 'fun fact':
    Everyone thinks Vegas is a lock for an NBA expansion team and their market is barely bigger than OKC and smaller than Milwaukee with no other market to link into it. If Virginia Beach pulls the Richmond market into it with an NBA team (likely since it's closer than DC), VB would be almost double the market size of Vegas.

Of course the biggest thing this leaves out is Toronto. Likely would slide in between Chicago and Philly in those maket sizes.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...north-america/
    By size of market domestically Seattle/Tacoma is easily the biggest and they love basketball there.

The top 20 markets other than Seattle are pretty much covered. After that it gets odd with OKC, Milwaukee and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I have Houston 8th.

Huh. Thatís weird. I remember when you said The Bay Area was small market and now SF alone is 6th.

Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast