Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Harden + Kemba on defence = disaster
    Saying Harden is a bad defender is so 2015

It's 2020, no basketball fan with half a brain thinks that.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post

He's still not a plus defender. He just doesn't suck as bad as he once did. He's good in some situations but he's an overall defensive negative. But that's not really the point of this thread is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    He's still not a plus defender. He just doesn't suck as bad as he once did. He's good in some situations but he's an overall defensive negative. But that's not really the point of this thread is it?
    literally no evidence to support that
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Agree to disagree. He was one of their best perimeter defenders in the bubble. He's always going to struggle against quicker guards. But he's pretty solid overall at everything else; doesn't ball watch or act like a turnstile in transition anymore.

harden has been a positive the last 2 seasons.

he was a negative in 2017/18 season

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/year/2020

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post

So he's learned how to rotate on defence? Not realize the rotation has already happened then run to his spot?

He's gotten better but it's a part of his game you don't bring up when talking about the positives.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Harden is a good post up defender, he's decent against the pick and roll, and in isos he does a good job, but he also gets lost on switches and is late/slow/lazy on closeouts, he also has his weaknesses covered by scheme and good defensive teammates (much as many other elite offensive players do) where he's put in a position to guard less efficient offensive players or has close help.

His extreme usage has some bearing on it since there is only so much energy anybody has to expend and even the best all time coast occasionally.

Harden is FAR more engaged on defense than he used to be no question, and his court vision makes him a better defender than a similar athlete with similar effort would likely be. He also definitely knows when the camera is on him and he tends to step up on defense more in the bigger moments which is definitely a plus.

So, all that said, Harden isn't terrible on D anymore by any means, but I don't think he's a "good" defender either, his team has become very good an minimizing his defensive issues.

crap, now I'm doing it. Please don't respond.

Harden to the Celtics I would love it but if he went to the Raptors just imagine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2MJ...=TheFlightMike

I believe Miami can pull off a 4 team trade for kawhi, if things go south.

The 1st step would be for all teams involve reach out to OKC lol

Miami can unprotect the 1st rd picks they have of ours, Houston & Clips can also workout whats ever best for them as well.

HEAT: Kawhi
    Clips: Harden
    Houston: Most of all the key assets.
    OKC: Getting most of these draft picks unprotected & other assets.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Denver has the pieces but itís not a fit. Jamal isnít an off the ball player. Jokic and Harden would not get along. Jokic canít stand iso players,

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Denver has the pieces but itís not a fit. Jamal isnít an off the ball player. Jokic and Harden would not get along. Jokic canít stand iso players,
    I'm not sure Denver is that great a fit. Becuse they're not going to want to move Murray and MPJ isn't good enough to build a package around by himself. If the Nuggets are willing to part with Murray, that changes things. But I don't see that happening, and I'm guessing you don't either.

He's gonna have to step it up if he wants to get on that James Butler level.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

What a whiny *****. I hope like hell he has to play the season out in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

Butler would be so clearly inferior to Harden if they were on the same team.

He is not at that level.

An amazing postseason and finals run doesn't change that imo.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Butler would be so clearly inferior to Harden if they were on the same team.

He is not at that level.

An amazing postseason and finals run doesn't change that imo.
    Lol not all what I was referencing.

How about if I say Harden needs to step it up if he wants to get on that Sprewell level, does that make it more clear?

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast