Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Wait what? If Levert is injury prone what does that make Dipo?
    Oladipo had one big injury. That hardly qualifies as injury prone.

Lavert on the other hand: "Has had 3 surgeries on the same place in his foot in 22 months … Already has a reputation for being injury-prone … Has dealt with foot/ankle problems throughout his career at UM"
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 01-13-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Harden Traded to Nets

It will be glorious watching the Nets implode. I honestly am not sure how the egos will work on that team. I have no idea if Kyrie even comes back. They also have very little depth now. Feels like the KG/Pierce swing for the fences deal. It might work out for the Nets but if not they have mortgaged their future.

Thought Philly made the right move and not give up Simmons/Maxey etc for a guy who didn’t sound like he wanted to be there.

Not sure I totally get it for the Pacers. Think they downgraded here but got saved money from having to pay Oladipo.

Houston loses Harden but gets Oladipo who they can pay to keep and they also get a ton of potentially good picks down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PAOboston; 01-13-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I think Oladipo is the lower risk choice. He's a bigger name and tied into less years if they decide to rebuild. LaVert is massively injury prone. I personally don't like it for the Pacers. The guys we have on the roster at SG I like better than Caris.
    I think the answer is a 1 year commitment vs a 3 year commitment and little else.

Lol rockets. Nets gon crush

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    It will be glorious watching the Nets implode. I honestly am not sure how the egos will work on that team. I have no idea if Kyrie even comes back. They also have very little depth now. Feels like the KG/Pierce swing for the fences deal. It might work out for the Nets but if not they have mortgaged their future.

Thought Philly made the right move and not give up Simmons/Maxey etc for a guy who didn’t sound like he wanted to be there.

Not sure I totally get it for the Pacers. Think they downgraded here but got saved money from having to pay Oladipo.

Houston loses Harden but gets Oladipo who they can pay to keep and they also get a ton of potentially good picks down the road.
    The Pacers didn't have to pay Dipo past this year, now they are still going to owe LeVert $34M after this year. Unless you are thinking Dipo is thinking of demanding a max deal in which case ... well that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Lol rockets. Nets gon crush
    7 years in a row the Rockets can use the Nets first round pick. Do deals like that ever work out in the long run for the team trading away all those picks?

Kyrie
    Harris
    Harden
    KD
    Jordan

Is that the best starting 5 the Nets have?
    Last edited by Scoots; 01-13-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    7 years in a row the Rockets can use the Nets first round pick. Do deals like that ever work out in the long run for the team trading away all those picks?
    Yeah that is a long time to not have draft capital. Especially since these superstar team-ups don't seem to last that long. Bron/Wade was 4 years. KD to the Warriors was 3. CP3 to Houston was 3, PG to OKC was a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wxlves View Post
    So Houston basically got oladipo who’s a free agent, 4 late round 1st and the ability to swap 1st with a team who’s going to have worse 1st round picks than them because they are the better team which basically means that those swaps are useless. While the other teams included in the trade got the good young players for no reason at all hahaha what a crappy trade for Houston. They legit basically got 4 probably near dead last if the first round picks
    Yup, you gotta love it!!! You get rid of a sore thumb who wasn’t happy anyway, for 4 first round picks and 4 swaps with Oladipo. They aren’t winning now, so they can do whatever they want with Oladipo, and it would still be considered a good deal. Harden had an ego with an awful style of play, by hogging the ball and driving to the basket for a foul because he’s a dirty player. I couldn’t be happier to see him go. The Rockets will probably be good before the nets are. LOL….

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yeah that is a long time to not have draft capital. Especially since these superstar team-ups don't seem to last that long. Bron/Wade was 4 years. KD to the Warriors was 3. CP3 to Houston was 3, PG to OKC was a year.
    I think part of it is that stars usually team up and struggle with finding the clearly defined role they had before the team-up. KD and the Warriors never really got comfortable, and Wade and Bosh have both talked about the struggle of teaming up.

I think they will likely not win it all this year just because of team construction and the haphazard mid-season way it came together. The trade deadline is going to be interesting this year.

Quote Originally Posted by brandt View Post
    Yup, you gotta love it!!! You get rid of a sore thumb who wasn’t happy anyway, for 4 first round picks and 4 swaps with Oladipo. They aren’t winning now, so they can do whatever they want with Oladipo, and it would still be considered a good deal. Harden had an ego with an awful style of play, by hogging the ball and driving to the basket for a foul because he’s a dirty player. I couldn’t be happier to see him go. The Rockets will probably be good before the nets are. LOL….
    I'm not sure your read the post you agreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Without Jarrett Allen the Nets don't play defense.
    Giving up all those picks is truly absurd, but including Jarret really pisses me off as a Brooklyn fan. Guy is just coming in to his own and is a truly good guy with a great personality.

I think this trade is a big mistake, and it really makes a mockery of Marks’ “Culture” line.

Sad thing is the Nets feel like they got smoked in this trade. Allen is a huge lost and Levert is probably best 6th man in the NBA right now. Now they’re going to have to rely on an aging Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    Giving up all those picks is truly absurd, but including Jarret really pisses me off as a Brooklyn fan. Guy is just coming in to his own and is a truly good guy with a great personality.

I think this trade is a big mistake, and it really makes a mockery of Marks’ “Culture” line.
    I rather have Allen n Levert than Harden

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Pacers didn't have to pay Dipo past this year, now they are still going to owe LeVert $34M after this year. Unless you are thinking Dipo is thinking of demanding a max deal in which case ... well that's crazy.
    The Pacers apparently offered Oladipo $20M/yr before this season, which he declined.

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast