Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

James Harden trade market will heat up

Now that Giannis is off the table for 2021...look for the market to heat up on James Harden or a lot more teams will want him. James is not happy in Houston but the Rockets have more leverage than Harden does to keep him. Harden is still under contract for 2 more years...so realistically they can hold on to him but if they do, Harden could do what AD did and sit out. Or he could force his way out by demanding a trade like what PG13 did.

But the thing is, Harden's trade value is high. Because you can bet teams will have to give up the farm to get Harden. But after the Giannis extension, where does Harden go?

Trade destinations

1- Brooklyn Nets
    2- Philadelphia 76ers
    3- Denver Nuggets
    4- Miami Heat
    5- Toronto Raptors
    6- Minnesota Timberwolves
    7- New Orleans Pelicans

Still think PHI ends up trading Simmons for him, makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Still think PHI ends up trading Simmons for him, makes too much sense.
    it makes 0 sense and its not gonna happen.
    Last edited by TheDish87; 12-23-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    it makes 0 sense and its not gonna happen.
    How do you figure? Simmons wants out. Harden wants out. Morey loves Harden. Simmons can't play next to Embiid. Philly needs to make a move to contend in the East.

I get that the Harden narrative is ugly right now, but at the end of the day, this deal makes Philly a better basketball team overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    How do you figure? Simmons wants out. Harden wants out. Morey loves Harden. Simmons can't play next to Embiid. Philly needs to make a move to contend in the East.

I get that the Harden narrative is ugly right now, but at the end of the day, this deal makes Philly a better basketball team overnight.
    Where the hell has it been said Simmons wants out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Where the hell has it been said Simmons wants out?

Yea havenít seen that anywhere. Havenít even heard it suggested.

Simmons doesnt want out and he and Embiid work just fine. Simmons is also 6 years younger than Harden and is a DPOY contender and league leader is ast to 3s made.

Yeah I agree. Trading Harden to the 76ers makes too much sense at this point. By sending Ben Simmons the other way to Houston, you can build Houston around Ben Simmons. But if you send Simmons to Houston him and John Wall play the same position essentially which is point guard. Unless Simmons went there and he ends up playing the 3 spot at SF...then Wood would be at the 4 and Boogie at the 5. Wall at the 1 and you can slot Eric Gordon at the 2.

Then in Philly, you can build the team around Harden and Embiid as the new dynamic duo. But then who else do you include in the trade to make it viable?

What's your source on the trade market "heating up?" Because literally everything I'm reading from people in the know, including Rockets beat writers is that they think it's very unlikely a trade happens anytime soon and they expect him to start the season in Houston. Plus, he just played in a preseason game last night and the season starts next week.

I'm not doubting a trade may happen, but it's going to take time. At this point, I'd be shocked if it happens before the season. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't happen until next offseason based on what writers are saying.

What's your source on the trade market "heating up?" Because literally everything I'm reading from people in the know, including Rockets beat writers is that they think it's very unlikely a trade happens anytime soon and they expect him to start the season in Houston. Plus, he just played in a preseason game last night and the season starts next week.

I'm not doubting a trade may happen, but it's going to take time. At this point, I'd be shocked if it happens before the season. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't happen until next offseason based on what writers are saying.
    Yea this is kinda whatís coming out of Philly. They look at each other as fits for a trade but both sides are dug in on what they are willing to do.

Sounds like Houston is set in on Simmons + Picks and Philly is set in on both wonít happen.

I agree its not heating up and Harden will not be traded as his demands will fall into deaf ears with two more years remaining on his contract. There is a better chance he will be extended later then be traded this season. Don't you just love it when posters just make up things from reading old news, if any [emoji1751]

I doubt Harden would purposely play like he doesn't care or sit out with a fake injury cause he's not like that. Can't say the same with uncle drew or Kawhi who did that to the Spurs. Once he is on the same page with Wall, they will be a very good team to watch.

https://youtu.be/KtbQPZMLX70
    Last edited by cattusmaru; 12-16-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Just depends on how much of a distraction Harden becomes. If he acts like a pro he may not be traded before next season. If he starts really disrupting the team he might get dealt much quicker. Houston certainly has a lot of leverage at this point.

Rick Ross will end up in BKN. Morey knows what he's getting himself into if he gets him back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Rick Ross will end up in BKN. Morey knows what he's getting himself into if he gets him back.
    IKR! I flipped over to the game last night and when I saw Harden I thought the Rockets had signed Kendrick Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    IKR! I flipped over to the game last night and when I saw Harden I thought the Rockets had signed Kendrick Perkins.
    ďPut some crisco in his drink, he ainít even know itĒ

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast