Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Looking at the Clippers and Nets, I think it's much more advantageous to be competitive.

But if Wall is hurt again or going to be out off and on all season, i don't blame ya.
    Wall is set to miss at least six consecutive games. He's only played in seven freaking games total so far. To make matters worse, Christian Wood rolled his ankle horribly in the first half. Harden's gone. No Wall. Cousins looks like he aged 30 years in the 2 years he was gone. Wood's banged up. Oladipo thinks he's MJ and is jacking up shots every possession. No thanks. If I have to watch a team lose, I'd at least like it to just be young guys hustling over this.

I'll keep rooting for them as long as they attempt to make it work, but if they can't do much better than this, they're going to be tanking unintentionally anyway. If you're going to tank, you might as well move guys like Oladipo and Tucker while they still have value before the trade deadline. Last week I was thinking it would be impossible for them to be bad enough to finish with one of the four worst records in the league. Today I'm 100% thinking James Harden was right when they said they weren't good enough and am wondering if they can finish dead last.

Also, someone feel free to bookmark this to make me look like an ******* in a couple of months if they somehow turn it around. I would love for past me to make future me look like an idiot. I would gladly welcome that.

I believe the Rockets will move Oladipo, Tucker, and Gordon by the March trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I believe the Rockets will move Oladipo, Tucker, and Gordon by the March trade deadline.
    If the Rockets can get anything of value for Eric Gordon, I'd trade him in a heartbeat. I would literally trade him for cap space and a half-eaten ham sandwich. Hell, it doesn't even have to be a good sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Beyond the big three you have an excellent off the ball player and shooter in Harris. You have a 6th man in Dinwiddie. Jordan can still give you rebounding and defence for 25 mins a night. Jeff Green is a serviceable bench player, Shamet is another shooter who can play off ball, they have a prospect in Nicolas Claxton who I think will be developed... and they can always do smaller trades, or play the buy out market for for another depth price. They honestly donít need much. If they go with a 8 man rotation in the post season they are likely already set imo
    Harris is good, he's not "excellent", Dinwiddie is out for the year, Claxton has a chronic knee issue, Jordan is no longer solid, Jeff Green has never been reliable, and when I said "right now" I meant right now, not after some may maybe happen trades. And all of that is on top of them having to integrate new players as they play the season and PRAY they stay 100% healthy from here on because if Jordan gets hurt right now KD is playing center.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If the Rockets can get anything of value for Eric Gordon, I'd trade him in a heartbeat. I would literally trade him for cap space and a half-eaten ham sandwich. Hell, it doesn't even have to be a good sandwich.
    I think the Rockets would have to put the sandwich into the trade as a kicker to get it done.

Remember all that stuff I said a few pages ago about trying to go for it with this Rockets team? After watching this first half, I think I've done a 180. Also, I low key think they may actively be trying to tank. Wall is supposedly not even traveling on the next road trip. Oladipo sat for a crazy long time in this first half. And an apparently 55-year-old DeMarcus Cousins was on the floor looking like he's playing in slow motion.

**** it. Blow the whole thing up. Fire sale. Trade anything that's of any value whatsoever. I'll take the coin flip.
    That's the best route. Rockets should be back to sustained playoffs within 3 years with a proper tank this year and next and Wall and Gordon expiring or being traded.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You gave it a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol, what was it, a whole day?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Pfffftt.....try a week, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    In my defense, it wasn't just the terrible play. It was the terrible play combined with the news that Wall would miss more time and Wood turning his ankle. Wood was fine, thank god. But if Wall doesn't play, this team is screwed. And I'd hate to see them try like hell, struggle to get to .500 and end up letting Tucker and Oladipo walk for nothing in the offseason.

The nice thing they don't have to totally give up yet; they have until the trade deadline. But they've dug themselves a pretty big hole in a shortened season already, and if Wall can't play, I'm not sure how they climb out of it.

For what it's worth, they're pretty good when Oladipo and Wood are on the floor together. But Tucker does not fit this team and Cousins is straight up horrible. If they're serious about winning, those two guys may need to go.

In my defense, it wasn't just the terrible play. It was the terrible play combined with the news that Wall would miss more time and Wood turning his ankle. Wood was fine, thank god. But if Wall doesn't play, this team is screwed. And I'd hate to see them try like hell, struggle to get to .500 and end up letting Tucker and Oladipo walk for nothing in the offseason.

The nice thing they don't have to totally give up yet; they have until the trade deadline. But they've dug themselves a pretty big hole in a shortened season already, and if Wall can't play, I'm not sure how they climb out of it.

For what it's worth, they're pretty good when Oladipo and Wood are on the floor together. But Tucker does not fit this team and Cousins is straight up horrible. If they're serious about winning, those two guys may need to go.
    Would yall take Mike Scott and 2 2nds for Tucker? I get it's not a huge haul but it's something. He'd fit our team as a bench combo guy really well.

I read an article that Wall has tendinitis in that knee from overuse after being off for 2 years and coming back then Silas playing him 36/37 MPG. Probably gotta keep him down around 26/28 MPG at best.

Bc that little tendinitis could turn into an ACL injury real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Harris is good, he's not "excellent", Dinwiddie is out for the year, Claxton has a chronic knee issue, Jordan is no longer solid, Jeff Green has never been reliable, and when I said "right now" I meant right now, not after some may maybe happen trades. And all of that is on top of them having to integrate new players as they play the season and PRAY they stay 100% healthy from here on because if Jordan gets hurt right now KD is playing center.
    I dunno if youíve been watching bro, but Harris has been a great complimentary piece.

I watched the Raptors win a ship with a 7 man rotation. I think the Nets have enough. The most important thing isnít the 9th man off the bench. Itís the buy in from the 3 stars to sacrifice and play for a ship and together as a unit. Thatís the biggest X factor for them.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-21-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Remember all that stuff I said a few pages ago about trying to go for it with this Rockets team? After watching this first half, I think I've done a 180. Also, I low key think they may actively be trying to tank. Wall is supposedly not even traveling on the next road trip. Oladipo sat for a crazy long time in this first half. And an apparently 55-year-old DeMarcus Cousins was on the floor looking like he's playing in slow motion.

**** it. Blow the whole thing up. Fire sale. Trade anything that's of any value whatsoever. I'll take the coin flip.
    Yeah bro, like I said before our best course of action is to rebuild.

Cousins has been horrific for sure. He needs to learn from Kanter rather than pretending he's a perimeter player.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I dunno if youíve been watching bro, but Harris has been a great complimentary piece.

I watched the Raptors win a ship with a 7 man rotation. I think the Nets have enough. The most important thing isnít the 9th man off the bench. Itís the buy in from the 3 stars to sacrifice and play for a ship and together as a unit. Thatís the biggest X factor for them.
    I agree, Raptors more so went 8 deep but the point still stands. I think the 2006 Suns are a better example of a tight rotation only going 6 or 7 deep in the playoffs, no title but WCF at least.

Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast