Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    And they won bc they were by far the most talented team in the league. Iím not saying the Nets are a lock. I donít think they are but Iím also not going to pretend that the state of player movement in the NBA hasnít created a situation where we often know who will be in the finals before the year starts and many stars donít even take the regular season seriously. Winning titles in the NBA is about having stars and assembling talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't disagree, but even 3 stars isn't enough to guarantee anything, and the Nets roster is so flawed right now they are going to test that presumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't disagree, but even 3 stars isn't enough to guarantee anything, and the Nets roster is so flawed right now they are going to test that presumption.
    Once Dinwiddie got hurt and Kyrie went ghost, it forced their hand to go all in.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Not with Kyrie after how he hurt the Celtics chances in the playoffs as they play much better without him...how would it be different now? Sometimes its better not having Divas on the team regardless of how much talent they have but if the Nets prove me wrong, I will admit it and congratulate you for seeing what i don't see.

Anyways, the Lakers and Boston were my top 2 teams heading into this season and don't see the need to change my prediction unlike everyone else might be doing. Many had Denver as the 2nd best team overall coming in but I pointed out they needed Grant to be that good but I guess no one really watched him play in the bubble but Jokic and Murray.

1Lakers, 2Celtics, 3Sixers, 4Suns, 5Jazz

Looks like my top 5 teams from the very beginning are close to lining up like pretty maids in a row. So how you like them hot takes LOL [emoji1787]
    He won a ship with Lebron so we know Kyrie is very capable of being a main piece of a championship squad. Itís all a matter of buy in for him. And I would argue that KD being the main guy actually helps Kyrie as he played very well off the ball with lebron. It could be a similar situation with the Nets. Again if Kyrie buys in I think itíll be very hard to stop the Nets IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Once Dinwiddie got hurt and Kyrie went ghost, it forced their hand to go all in.
    you just know theyll trade din for some frontcourt help

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I doubt anyone takes him. He's out for the season and basically an expiring.

They have 3 open roster spots, TLC is non-guaranteed and Shamet is on the trade block.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I doubt anyone takes him. He's out for the season and basically an expiring.

They have 3 open roster spots, TLC is non-guaranteed and Shamet is on the trade block.
    Honestly Shamet on the block cracks me up.

Also If a team wants some cap space and has a moderate contract they want to move off of I can see Dinwiddie traded. I dunno who that is right now but I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I don't think they'll get much in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Beyond the big three you have an excellent off the ball player and shooter in Harris. You have a 6th man in Dinwiddie. Jordan can still give you rebounding and defence for 25 mins a night. Jeff Green is a serviceable bench player, Shamet is another shooter who can play off ball, they have a prospect in Nicolas Claxton who I think will be developed... and they can always do smaller trades, or play the buy out market for for another depth price. They honestly donít need much. If they go with a 8 man rotation in the post season they are likely already set imo

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Beyond the big three you have an excellent off the ball player and shooter in Harris. You have a 6th man in Dinwiddie. Jordan can still give you rebounding and defence for 25 mins a night. Jeff Green is a serviceable bench player, Shamet is another shooter who can play off ball, they have a prospect in Nicolas Claxton who I think will be developed... and they can always do smaller trades, or play the buy out market for for another depth price. They honestly donít need much. If they go with a 8 man rotation in the post season they are likely already set imo
    Dinwiddie is hurt.
    Shamet is sucky right now.
    Claxton has missed time with injuries throughout his career.

LOL they lost to a short handed Cavs team.

A combined 67 shots between KD, Kyrie and Harden. 38 shots taken by the rest of the team. Itís going to be fun watching those players maintain interest as the season goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    LOL they lost to a short handed Cavs team.
    To be fair, Cavs have the 2nd best defensive rating so far this season.

Remember all that stuff I said a few pages ago about trying to go for it with this Rockets team? After watching this first half, I think I've done a 180. Also, I low key think they may actively be trying to tank. Wall is supposedly not even traveling on the next road trip. Oladipo sat for a crazy long time in this first half. And an apparently 55-year-old DeMarcus Cousins was on the floor looking like he's playing in slow motion.

**** it. Blow the whole thing up. Fire sale. Trade anything that's of any value whatsoever. I'll take the coin flip.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Remember all that stuff I said a few pages ago about trying to go for it with this Rockets team? After watching this first half, I think I've done a 180. Also, I low key think they may actively be trying to tank. Wall is supposedly not even traveling on the next road trip. Oladipo sat for a crazy long time in this first half. And an apparently 55-year-old DeMarcus Cousins was on the floor looking like he's playing in slow motion.

**** it. Blow the whole thing up. Fire sale. Trade anything that's of any value whatsoever. I'll take the coin flip.
    You gave it a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

Looking at the Clippers and Nets, I think it's much more advantageous to be competitive.

But if Wall is hurt again or going to be out off and on all season, i don't blame ya.

Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast