Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 1053
  1. #661
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yes morey loves harden and again its being reported ben and thyb were told they were about to be traded... this was the rockets owner being a dick is all. Why you wouldnt take simmons/thyb 3 or 4 firsts over the deal they took is beyond me... dont understand how owners can be so petty
    I don't think Tilman really wanted Simmons like most of us now. If Ben was swap for Embiid, he would jump on it cause even tho he despises Morey but he's not that dumb and if it had happened, Morey would look even dumber just to get Harden.

    https://youtu.be/sZvzDxoPl8E

    If healthy, Olapido would help the Sixers more than no heart Simmons at this point.

    https://youtu.be/8wpXKMCXp34

  2. #662
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,027
    Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    I don't think Tilman really wanted Simmons like most of us now. If Ben was swap for Embiid, he would jump on it cause even tho he despises Morey but he's not that dumb and if it had happened, Morey would look even dumber just to get Harden.

    https://youtu.be/sZvzDxoPl8E

    If healthy, Olapido would help the Sixers more than no heart Simmons at this point.

    https://youtu.be/8wpXKMCXp34
    You guys willing to deal him for Tyler Herro yet?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #663
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,399
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You guys willing to deal him for Tyler Herro yet?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well according this this guy:

    Trade to win it all NOW!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #664
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,178
    The Rockets lost another one and looked out of sync last night at times (especially the first quarter), but for what it's worth, Oladipo looked legit. He definitely doesn't seem like a primary ball handler, though. I'd prefer to watch him play off ball more next to Wall, if Wall ever actually gets healthy.

    So torn on how I feel about this team. Between Wood, Wall, Oladipo, Gordon, Tucker and some really quality young guys on the rotation, I feel pretty confident this team could compete for a playoff spot. But the fact that they could keep their pick if it was top 4 is so tempting given that they already have the fourth worst record in the league. Do you give this group a chance to gel, knowing that your ceiling is probably a second round exit (at best), or do you fire sale for everyone who can net you picks aside from Wood, let Wall rest as much as he wants and go all in on the chance of getting that top 4 pick?

    My head says go full tank mode, but my heart's not in it. I've only seen the Rockets go for a full rebuild once in my 25+ years of watching them, and it was right after Hakeem before they drafted Yao. They haven't had a sub-.500 season since 2006 (which was due to injuries mainly) and haven't had a truly sub-.500 squad since 2002.

    (Fun historical nugget, but since the 1984-85 season when Hakeem was drafted—2ish years before I was born—the Rockets have only had three sub-.500 seasons in 36 seasons. The Rockets really don't get enough credit for being one of the most consistently competitive franchises in all of professional sports.)


  5. #665
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,227
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The Rockets lost another one and looked out of sync last night at times (especially the first quarter), but for what it's worth, Oladipo looked legit. He definitely doesn't seem like a primary ball handler, though. I'd prefer to watch him play off ball more next to Wall, if Wall ever actually gets healthy.

    So torn on how I feel about this team. Between Wood, Wall, Oladipo, Gordon, Tucker and some really quality young guys on the rotation, I feel pretty confident this team could compete for a playoff spot. But the fact that they could keep their pick if it was top 4 is so tempting given that they already have the fourth worst record in the league. Do you give this group a chance to gel, knowing that your ceiling is probably a second round exit (at best), or do you fire sale for everyone who can net you picks aside from Wood, let Wall rest as much as he wants and go all in on the chance of getting that top 4 pick?

    My head says go full tank mode, but my heart's not in it. I've only seen the Rockets go for a full rebuild once in my 25+ years of watching them, and it was right after Hakeem before they drafted Yao. They haven't had a sub-.500 season since 2006 (which was due to injuries mainly) and haven't had a truly sub-.500 squad since 2002.

    (Fun historical nugget, but since the 1984-85 season when Hakeem was drafted—2ish years before I was born—the Rockets have only had three sub-.500 seasons in 36 seasons. The Rockets really don't get enough credit for being one of the most consistently competitive franchises in all of professional sports.)
    Don’t care to be a first round exit. I’d like to see us get a lotto pick, considering the draft this year will be pretty good.

    Would like to see us trade Tucker and Gordon for more assets as well. Time to move on to the next chapter.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-19-2021 at 12:36 PM.

  6. #666
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,227
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Less drama and knowing your ceiling isn't the WCF anymore.

    Edit: Ceiling will be WCF for the next 2, maybe 3 years but after that.
    I mean if Harden wins a ring in Brooklyn as a main piece? What to say then? He and Durant look lethal together

  7. #667
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,178
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Don’t care to be a first round exit. I’d like to see us get a lotto pick
    If it was a clear black and white choice between the two, I'd agree with you. My biggest fear, though, is Houston will have a fire sale, tank like crazy, finish with one of the 3-5 worst records in the league and still not get a top 4 pick, making all of it worthless. That's a very real possibility.


  8. #668
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,227
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If it was a clear black and white choice between the two, I'd agree with you. My biggest fear, though, is Houston will have a fire sale, tank like crazy, finish with one of the 3-5 worst records in the league and still not get a top 4 pick, making all of it worthless. That's a very real possibility.
    Draft will be decent this year bro.

    We can land on what if’s all day. What if we build the team to compete now and then Oladipo walks in the off-season? The plan is to rebuild I think we should stick to the plan and do just that. A quick retool won’t suffice with the way the west is shaping out.

  9. #669
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,178
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Draft will be decent this year bro.
    Right, but if the Rockets don't end up with a top 4 pick, that's irrelevant, because their pick will go to OKC. Now they will get a draft pick in this draft (probably Miami's), but the way OKC structured this pick as part of the Westbrook deal, Houston has no control over that pick, and it doesn't help them or hurt them whether they win or lose games. Unless they're lucky enough to land in the top 4, which is a huge gamble.

    We can land on what if’s all day. What if we build the team to compete now and then Oladipo walks in the off-season? The plan is to rebuild I think we should stick to the plan and do just that. A quick retool won’t suffice with the way the west is shaping out.
    I think a lot of it depends on John Wall. Does he stay healthy, and can you move him without it costing you a ton of picks along the way? Because if he's playing in games with Wood, it's going to be hard to go to full tank mode. Even if they were to move Oladipo by the deadline and got rid of Gordon and Tucker, a core of those two guys is probably still good enough to push you out of the running for that top 4 pick. They could move Wood, too, but you'd hate to see that considering he's the one young piece on the roster you can see as part of a future rebuild.

    If Wall isn't healthy enough to play much of the season OR the Rockets can find a way to move him without attaching a ton of assets, I could see them tanking, and I'd be fine with it. But right now, I don't see it happening. Knowing Tilman and the way they've marketed Wall, Wood and now Oladipo, I think they're determined to be competitive at least until Wall is gone and those Brooklyn picks start to roll in. Unless they're still terrible at the deadline, and they can ship off a lot of those guys for picks.


  10. #670
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,660
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The Rockets lost another one and looked out of sync last night at times (especially the first quarter), but for what it's worth, Oladipo looked legit. He definitely doesn't seem like a primary ball handler, though. I'd prefer to watch him play off ball more next to Wall, if Wall ever actually gets healthy.

    So torn on how I feel about this team. Between Wood, Wall, Oladipo, Gordon, Tucker and some really quality young guys on the rotation, I feel pretty confident this team could compete for a playoff spot. But the fact that they could keep their pick if it was top 4 is so tempting given that they already have the fourth worst record in the league. Do you give this group a chance to gel, knowing that your ceiling is probably a second round exit (at best), or do you fire sale for everyone who can net you picks aside from Wood, let Wall rest as much as he wants and go all in on the chance of getting that top 4 pick?

    My head says go full tank mode, but my heart's not in it. I've only seen the Rockets go for a full rebuild once in my 25+ years of watching them, and it was right after Hakeem before they drafted Yao. They haven't had a sub-.500 season since 2006 (which was due to injuries mainly) and haven't had a truly sub-.500 squad since 2002.

    (Fun historical nugget, but since the 1984-85 season when Hakeem was drafted—2ish years before I was born—the Rockets have only had three sub-.500 seasons in 36 seasons. The Rockets really don't get enough credit for being one of the most consistently competitive franchises in all of professional sports.)
    The issue with full tank is with the new lottery system, they're bound to get bumped outta protection range and lose the pick anyway.

    If it was the NFL style draft format, I'd probably say go for it. But with the new lottery system, no way. Get a top 10 seed and once you're in the dance, anything can happen.

  11. #671
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,660
    Quote Originally Posted by claybay1 View Post
    how does this impact the sixers? do they have enough defenders for all 3?
    I doubt it.

  12. #672
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,178
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    The issue with full tank is with the new lottery system, they're bound to get bumped outta protection range and lose the pick anyway.

    If it was the NFL style draft format, I'd probably say go for it. But with the new lottery system, no way. Get a top 10 seed and once you're in the dance, anything can happen.
    Yeah, I was curious and just checked the odds. Apparently even if they finish with the worst record in the league, the chances they end up with a top 4 pick are only 52%. With the fourth worst record right now, the odds are 48%. So it's a coin flip. I hate those odds.


  13. #673
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,227
    Quote Originally Posted by claybay1 View Post
    how does this impact the sixers? do they have enough defenders for all 3?
    The East belongs to the Bucks and Nets. That’s how it impacts the 6ers and the rest of the conference lol...

  14. #674
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,660
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, I was curious and just checked the odds. Apparently even if they finish with the worst record in the league, the chances they end up with a top 4 pick are only 52%. With the fourth worst record right now, the odds are 48%. So it's a coin flip. I hate those odds.
    Yeah, it's not great. I get what the NBA is trying to do. It just may be better in theory than practice.

  15. #675
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,227
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Right, but if the Rockets don't end up with a top 4 pick, that's irrelevant, because their pick will go to OKC. Now they will get a draft pick in this draft (probably Miami's), but the way OKC structured this pick as part of the Westbrook deal, Houston has no control over that pick, and it doesn't help them or hurt them whether they win or lose games. Unless they're lucky enough to land in the top 4, which is a huge gamble.


    I think a lot of it depends on John Wall. Does he stay healthy, and can you move him without it costing you a ton of picks along the way? Because if he's playing in games with Wood, it's going to be hard to go to full tank mode. Even if they were to move Oladipo by the deadline and got rid of Gordon and Tucker, a core of those two guys is probably still good enough to push you out of the running for that top 4 pick. They could move Wood, too, but you'd hate to see that considering he's the one young piece on the roster you can see as part of a future rebuild.

    If Wall isn't healthy enough to play much of the season OR the Rockets can find a way to move him without attaching a ton of assets, I could see them tanking, and I'd be fine with it. But right now, I don't see it happening. Knowing Tilman and the way they've marketed Wall, Wood and now Oladipo, I think they're determined to be competitive at least until Wall is gone and those Brooklyn picks start to roll in. Unless they're still terrible at the deadline, and they can ship off a lot of those guys for picks.
    Don’t put too much hope in Wall. He’s a nice piece, but even in his all star form he never really lead his teams anywhere, and that was in a weaker conference. I think the league belongs to 4 teams right now. Lakers/Clippers & Bucks/Nets. We should be aiming to build IMO. But there’s no right or wrong answer here, I think we have to trust Stone at this point and see what he does.

Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •