Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 1083
  1. #646
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,703
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Funny, bc I think they were only asking for 2 firsts from the 76ers. I understand Ben, Maxey and Thyb is better than Oladipo but still.

  2. #647
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,429
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Funny, bc I think they were only asking for 2 firsts from the 76ers. I understand Ben, Maxey and Thyb is better than Oladipo but still.
    I think they never attempted to close the deal with the Sixers and were using it as leverage to trade him to Brooklyn.

  3. #648
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,688
    Do people actually think there was ever a deal in place with the Sixers? Morey walked out on the Rockets. He didn't get fired, he quit. Why in the World would he try to deal for the player he just abandoned?

    All those stories that came out about Tillman being the reason for everyone's departure, most of those have been refuted. It's come out that Harden's partying, not Fertitta, was the reason for Westbrick wanting out. All the players being upset because he's a Trump supporter? Haven't heard a peep about that but have heard tons of stories about players being pissed off with James Harden.

    I'm not even trolling now, I genuinely believe Harden was the centre of 100% of the controversy and just used Tillman as a scapegoat. The Rockets new GM has already pulled off 2 amazing trades in wake of Morey quitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #649
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,186
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Do people actually think there was ever a deal in place with the Sixers? Morey walked out on the Rockets. He didn't get fired, he quit. Why in the World would he try to deal for the player he just abandoned?
    Because Morey adores James, and anyone who has followed the Rockets closely the last decade knows this.

    All those stories that came out about Tillman being the reason for everyone's departure, most of those have been refuted.
    Not remotely true. Tilman is the reason Ariza didn't get re-signed; he openly badmouthed the CP3 deal; he was a driving factor behind Morey making the atrocious deal for Westbrook; he played hardball with D'Antoni a year and a half ago and then flat out didn't call him after this last season was over; and he constantly pushed Morey every year to stay below the luxury tax line despite publicly claiming he was willing to go over it for a winner. All of that on top of his political affiliations that made his players uncomfortable.

    All of those things are factual statements. None of that has been refuted. Dude is a terrible owner.

    It's come out that Harden's partying, not Fertitta, was the reason for Westbrick wanting out. All the players being upset because he's a Trump supporter? Haven't heard a peep about that but have heard tons of stories about players being pissed off with James Harden.
    Cool. I follow Rockets news closer than you do. It was a pretty big story a couple of months ago. Google it. As far as Westbrook being upset about Harden's partying is concerned, I couldn't care less. Westbrook is a diva in his own right. I'd take Harden's partying off the court and high basketball IQ on the court any day of the week over Westbrook's hard-working off-court persona and pea brain IQ in games.

    Also, Westbrook leaving had nothing to do with D'Antoni or Morey leaving. If anything, Westbrook's acquisition was the one thing that likely doomed the franchise more than anything else. He's a total minus on the court at this point in his career, and his contract might be the worst in the league.

    I'm not even trolling now, I genuinely believe Harden was the centre of 100% of the controversy and just used Tillman as a scapegoat. The Rockets new GM has already pulled off 2 amazing trades in wake of Morey quitting.
    Cool. You're wrong, but you're entitled to that wrong opinion.


  5. #650
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,186
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Houston is the 7th largest media market in the US. If Houston is a smaller media market God help the Portlands, Milwaukees, Salt Lake Citys, and Indianas of the world.
    To clarify, I don't think it's JUST that Houston is a small market. I think it's that Harden is a very polarizing player, the Rockers were a very polarizing team AND they play in a small market. When Harden joined Houston, the Rockets were already drying ire from the media and NBA fans because of Morey's attachment to analytics, business-centric approach to GMing and their unusual style of play (aka "Moreyball").

    You take an extremely polarizing superstar and put him on a team with an unusual style of play that is already not especially well liked, and it was a recipe for them being hated. But if you had taken Harden's peak years and put him in LA, Boston, New York, etc., the media would probably be a hell of a lot more supportive of the guy, because he'd be in the spotlight a lot more. Imagine if Melo had been as good as Harden in his peak years in NYC. The guy was beloved, and he was a fraction of the player Harden has been the last eight years. Obviously playing in the East in an inferior conference would have helped, too.

    That's why I think we're going to see the negative attention he's gotten the last few years spin very quickly in Brooklyn. With the spotlight of him on a super team in a major media market, they'll have to actually watch him play dominant basketball for once. A Finals appearance certainly wouldn't hurt either. And if he actually wins a title? Watch how quickly analysts do a 180 on his game and his career.


  6. #651
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,688
    We'll see how it all plays out. Rockets will be a lot better off now without Rick Ross and all the drama he brought. It'll be fun to watch you realize just how right I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  7. #652
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Valley
    Posts
    8,023
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    We'll see how it all plays out. Rockets will be a lot better off now without Rick Ross and all the drama he brought. It'll be fun to watch you realize just how right I am.

    Better off as in more wins? Or better off as in less drama in the locker room?

  8. #653
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,688
    Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    Better off as in more wins? Or better off as in less drama in the locker room?
    Less drama and knowing your ceiling isn't the WCF anymore.

    Edit: Ceiling will be WCF for the next 2, maybe 3 years but after that.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 01-18-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  9. #654
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,186
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    We'll see how it all plays out. Rockets will be a lot better off now without Rick Ross and all the drama he brought. It'll be fun to watch you realize just how right I am.
    I love the Rockets. I hope they succeed and go further than they ever did with Harden. I think the likelihood of that happening in the next 5 years is basically zero and it happening in the next decade is still very unlikely. I am enjoying watching this new team and watching some of the young guys get minutes, but a lot of it is because I have zero expectations for this team for the first time since they traded for Harden.


  10. #655
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,552
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I love the Rockets. I hope they succeed and go further than they ever did with Harden. I think the likelihood of that happening in the next 5 years is basically zero and it happening in the next decade is still very unlikely. I am enjoying watching this new team and watching some of the young guys get minutes, but a lot of it is because I have zero expectations for this team for the first time since they traded for Harden.
    Me, too. I love rooting for a team that competes at a high level and could win in any given year but I also like seeing the restock and growth thatís getting underway now. I loved those AB/Scola/Chuckwagon teams between Yao and Harden.

  11. #656
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,200

    Harden Traded to Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I love the Rockets. I hope they succeed and go further than they ever did with Harden. I think the likelihood of that happening in the next 5 years is basically zero and it happening in the next decade is still very unlikely. I am enjoying watching this new team and watching some of the young guys get minutes, but a lot of it is because I have zero expectations for this team for the first time since they traded for Harden.
    I can watch any team that competes. There have been seasons I couldnít watch the Knickís every night. You need breaks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #657
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,247
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Do people actually think there was ever a deal in place with the Sixers? Morey walked out on the Rockets. He didn't get fired, he quit. Why in the World would he try to deal for the player he just abandoned?

    All those stories that came out about Tillman being the reason for everyone's departure, most of those have been refuted. It's come out that Harden's partying, not Fertitta, was the reason for Westbrick wanting out. All the players being upset because he's a Trump supporter? Haven't heard a peep about that but have heard tons of stories about players being pissed off with James Harden.

    I'm not even trolling now, I genuinely believe Harden was the centre of 100% of the controversy and just used Tillman as a scapegoat. The Rockets new GM has already pulled off 2 amazing trades in wake of Morey quitting.
    Morey loves Harden bro

  13. #658
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,247
    So far KD&Harden look lethal together

  14. #659
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,017
    no way the sixers offered 2 firsts ben and maxie... this is the rockets owner releasing **** to save face.. If this were the case why did morey and the team let ben simmons and thyb know they are about to be traded? Ben has even come out and stated he isnt mad its a business...

    Seems like the deal was ben simmons and thyb and 3 or 4 firsts and when the deal was agreed the rockets owner wanted maxey thrown in as well, So basically he never had any intention of trading him to the sixers.

  15. #660
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,017
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Do people actually think there was ever a deal in place with the Sixers? Morey walked out on the Rockets. He didn't get fired, he quit. Why in the World would he try to deal for the player he just abandoned?

    All those stories that came out about Tillman being the reason for everyone's departure, most of those have been refuted. It's come out that Harden's partying, not Fertitta, was the reason for Westbrick wanting out. All the players being upset because he's a Trump supporter? Haven't heard a peep about that but have heard tons of stories about players being pissed off with James Harden.

    I'm not even trolling now, I genuinely believe Harden was the centre of 100% of the controversy and just used Tillman as a scapegoat. The Rockets new GM has already pulled off 2 amazing trades in wake of Morey quitting.
    yes morey loves harden and again its being reported ben and thyb were told they were about to be traded... this was the rockets owner being a dick is all. Why you wouldnt take simmons/thyb 3 or 4 firsts over the deal they took is beyond me... dont understand how owners can be so petty

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •