Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 1083
  1. #601
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,584
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think you have the right approach in putting Embiid as the centerpiece. I agree at some point you need to determine whether Simmons massive flaw is too much to overcome and trade him while he still has value.
    Simmons is such a "good" player that just can't be considered great or the centerpiece because his lack of aggressiveness, FT shooting, and post moves.

    A couple nights ago the 76ers are playing Miami with the HEAT with 8 remaining players, mind you no Butler, Bam, nor Dragić and the 76ers are on pace to lose the game. Simmons literally couldn't do anything against scrubs. Embiid had to take over the game once Simmons went out.

    This is a good read why Philly should still trade Simmons:
    https://www.theringer.com/platform/a...ns-joel-embiid

    He belongs on a team with a legit 1&2 scorer already like Minnesota that needs a dynamic wing like him.

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,692
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah maybe they choked a couple times in the early years vs the Wiz & Nets. But they developed passed that as they became more of a veteran team. I was very proud of their 2016 run in the playoffs. And I was never disappointed when they lost to a Lebron super team. It was what it was at the time. No one got passed lebron.

    But you can easily say other than the 2019 squad, that the 2016 raptor team had more success than any other team weíve had in 26 years
    2001 Raps > 2016 Raps

    2001 was after TMac left so Grunwald just surrounded Vince with a bunch of old guys whoíd beat the crap out of anyone if they touched him. Antonio Davis, Charles Oakley, Kevin Willis, Chris Childs, Mark Jackson and Keon Clark. Clark wasnít old but heíd legit get loaded at halftime every game.

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,247
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    2001 Raps > 2016 Raps

    2001 was after TMac left so Grunwald just surrounded Vince with a bunch of old guys whoíd beat the crap out of anyone if they touched him. Antonio Davis, Charles Oakley, Kevin Willis, Chris Childs, Mark Jackson and Keon Clark. Clark wasnít old but heíd legit get loaded at halftime every game.
    That team was a 2nd round exit. Derozan and Lowry lead teams could do 2nd round in their sleep. But the fact that they eventually got to the conference finals and lost only to a Lebron super team I think makes them better than Carterís 2nd round loss to Iverson and the 6ers. Letís not forget that same Cavs team went on to beat the Warriors and won a title that year.

    2016 was more successful. Thatís what Iím saying. We need to give that team a little more respect. Vince forced his way out, Bosh bounced. I loved Derozan/Lowry for getting us further than both of those eras respectively. Or any other era up until 2019. That was the most success we had up to that point.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-15-2021 at 02:55 PM.

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,247
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Simmons is such a "good" player that just can't be considered great or the centerpiece because his lack of aggressiveness, FT shooting, and post moves.

    A couple nights ago the 76ers are playing Miami with the HEAT with 8 remaining players, mind you no Butler, Bam, nor Dragić and the 76ers are on pace to lose the game. Simmons literally couldn't do anything against scrubs. Embiid had to take over the game once Simmons went out.

    This is a good read why Philly should still trade Simmons:
    https://www.theringer.com/platform/a...ns-joel-embiid

    He belongs on a team with a legit 1&2 scorer already like Minnesota that needs a dynamic wing like him.
    Simmons is over rated at this point. The only thing special about him is defence. So he can pass the ball thatís great, anyone who canít shoot would keep passing the ball though lol. Donít mean to troll 6ers fans here but I think Simmons came in to the league with a lot of hype and a lot of his value was based on that hype. I think at this point his value is a lot less than people realize because not many GMs are lined up to sell the farm for a flawed player like him. If you need a strong defender you can get one for much cheaper somewhere else.

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,692
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    That team was a 2nd round exit. Derozan and Lowry lead teams could do 2nd round in their sleep. But the fact that they eventually got to the conference finals and lost only to a Lebron super team I think makes them better than Carterís 2nd round loss to Iverson and the 6ers. Letís not forget that same Cavs team went on to beat the Warriors and won a title that year.

    2016 was more successful. Thatís what Iím saying. We need to give that team a little more respect. Vince forced his way out, Bosh bounced. I loved Derozan/Lowry for getting us further than both of those eras respectively. Or any other era up until 2019. That was the most success we had up to that point.
    I'll always love DeRozan for sticking around and helping build the franchise back up. With that being said, I'll still take the 2001 squad over 2016. The 2016 team was successful but everyone knew we weren't getting past LeBron. 2001 was pre-injury Vince and it just so happened to be the best year of his entire career. If Vince makes that shot then that team hd a realistic shot at beating the Bucks big 3 and getting to the finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,186
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Lol I remember watching the DeRozan Raps finish in 1st or 2nd every year. It was so exciting until the playoffs would start. Thatís when Iíd start lying to myself saying things like, ďThis year will be different!Ē

    Hardenís Rockets were the exact same thing as DeRozanís Raptors. Regular season powerhouse but a playoff joke. Only DeRozan didnít have a revolving door of superstars to help him like Harden did.
    DeRozan also played in an inferior conference. If you could take Harden's Rockets and put them in the East, I have to think they make at least one Finals appearance in the last decade, especially the Chris Paul Rockets. Also, I would bring up the hamstring issue, but I know it'll just end up in one ear and out the other.

    As for the "revolving door of superstars," I would direct you to the BR pages of Dwight Howard and Russell Westbrook to look at their stats in their time in Houston. They did not play like superstars, especially Westbrook in the playoffs.

    Thanks for the kind words on the victory.
    You're welcome, buddy. That's what I'm here for!


  7. #607
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,692
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    DeRozan also played in an inferior conference. If you could take Harden's Rockets and put them in the East, I have to think they make at least one Finals appearance in the last decade, especially the Chris Paul Rockets. Also, I would bring up the hamstring issue, but I know it'll just end up in one ear and out the other.

    As for the "revolving door of superstars," I would direct you to the BR pages of Dwight Howard and Russell Westbrook to look at their stats in their time in Houston. They did not play like superstars, especially Westbrook in the playoffs.


    You're welcome, buddy. That's what I'm here for!
    Inferior conference, yes. There just so happened to be this 1 player in that conference that crushed everyone's dreams year in year out. The 35 year old version of him did it to Harden last season. It's no surprise Harden only wanted to get traded to teams in the Eastern conference. 1 year of old man LeBron clearly shook him.

    Harden got CP3, Westbrook and D12. DeRozan and Lowry got DeMarre Carroll and Serge Ibaka. Harden had some amazing help over the years all while Eric Gordon committed career suicide and became a spot up shooter for Harden to choke every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,186
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Inferior conference, yes. There just so happened to be this 1 player in that conference that crushed everyone's dreams year in year out. The 35 year old version of him did it to Harden last season. It's no surprise Harden only wanted to get traded to teams in the Eastern conference. 1 year of old man LeBron clearly shook him.
    Harden in that series:
    29.4 points, 7.2 assists, 4.6 rebounds, 1.4 steals, 1.0 blocks per game on .500/.378/.839 shooting splits

    Does that look like "shook" to you? Harden was phenomenal in the playoffs last year. But Westbrook was atrocious, and when they ran into a team with actual size, they got slaughtered in the paint. It had nothing to do with Lebron outplaying Harden.

    Also, that Lakers team was better than the Cavs Lebron squad Toronto got to face. There was no Anthony Davis. Meanwhile, Harden had to deal with a historically great dynasty in the Warriors. Basically every Harden was in Houston aside from his first (12-13/Miami Heat), the West had the superior conference and the best team in the conference. It's not even close.

    Harden got CP3, Westbrook and D12. DeRozan and Lowry got DeMarre Carroll and Serge Ibaka. Harden had some amazing help over the years all while Eric Gordon committed career suicide and became a spot up shooter for Harden to choke every year.
    Westbrook flat out sucks. Look at his play in Washington if you need proof. And he got one good year of Dwight and that was pretty much it. He got one year of elite CP3, one year of really good banged up CP3 and one year of really good, slightly past his prime Dwight. That's three of years of legitimate superstar teammates in eight seasons.


  9. #609
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    38,091
    Hearing reports that the Rockets owner flat out refused to trade Harden to Philly because he was bitter at Morey, and that had he been open to it, the Rockets could have traded Harden to Philly for Simmons +.

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,692
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Harden in that series:
    29.4 points, 7.2 assists, 4.6 rebounds, 1.4 steals, 1.0 blocks per game on .500/.378/.839 shooting splits

    Does that look like "shook" to you? Harden was phenomenal in the playoffs last year. But Westbrook was atrocious, and when they ran into a team with actual size, they got slaughtered in the paint. It had nothing to do with Lebron outplaying Harden.

    Also, that Lakers team was better than the Cavs Lebron squad Toronto got to face. There was no Anthony Davis. Meanwhile, Harden had to deal with a historically great dynasty in the Warriors. Basically every Harden was in Houston aside from his first (12-13/Miami Heat), the West had the superior conference and the best team in the conference. It's not even close.


    Westbrook flat out sucks. Look at his play in Washington if you need proof. And he got one good year of Dwight and that was pretty much it. He got one year of elite CP3, one year of really good banged up CP3 and one year of really good, slightly past his prime Dwight. That's three of years of legitimate superstar teammates in eight seasons.
    Those stats were good enough to win 1 game. Blame Westbrook all you like. You're talking to a guy who watched his team get punked by LeBron every single year. Harden got punked after playing arguably the best playoff basketball of his career. It's no surprise there wasn't a single team from the west on his list. Shook.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 01-16-2021 at 01:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,219
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Hearing reports that the Rockets owner flat out refused to trade Harden to Philly because he was bitter at Morey, and that had he been open to it, the Rockets could have traded Harden to Philly for Simmons +.
    Sucks for Philly. I think Harden and Joel are very well matched. I think the Sixers win a title if that trade goes down


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,017
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sucks for Philly. I think Harden and Joel are very well matched. I think the Sixers win a title if that trade goes down


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    maybe a 15pct chance at best... reason being harden has shrunk in the playoffs and joel/injuries and the fact lakers have AD which would be fine because joel and him go ham on each other everytime they match up but they also have joels daddy in gasol...

    I would have done it just because joel is getting pissed and it is showing... dude is carrying the world on his shoulders and we are coming to a point where we have to choose 1 of them.

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,017
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Simmons is over rated at this point. The only thing special about him is defence. So he can pass the ball thatís great, anyone who canít shoot would keep passing the ball though lol. Donít mean to troll 6ers fans here but I think Simmons came in to the league with a lot of hype and a lot of his value was based on that hype. I think at this point his value is a lot less than people realize because not many GMs are lined up to sell the farm for a flawed player like him. If you need a strong defender you can get one for much cheaper somewhere else.
    his defense is incredible and his passing is amazing because of his handles... his ball handling is great its just he has 0 fire to drive or shoot the ball or get his own and its something i have never seen in this sport before... at this point it is all mental because the last game he actually came out shooting all because they were about to trade him... he is a top 20 player that GMs will give bank for because of his skill set and the fact he is 24.

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,017
    [Pompey] The Sixers thought they had a deal for Harden done, according to sources. The team wonít come out and say it, but Morey pushed hard to reunite with the 2018 MVP. Simmons and Thybulle were even informed by their agents on Wednesday of an expected trade.


    If I am the rockets i am calling for the owner to sell the team... dude is an *** lol... Simmons/THYB and likely the same firsts that the nets gave... dude is a child

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,430
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    [Pompey] The Sixers thought they had a deal for Harden done, according to sources. The team wonít come out and say it, but Morey pushed hard to reunite with the 2018 MVP. Simmons and Thybulle were even informed by their agents on Wednesday of an expected trade.


    If I am the rockets i am calling for the owner to sell the team... dude is an *** lol... Simmons/THYB and likely the same firsts that the nets gave... dude is a child
    Wonder when the NBA/Silver are going to step in. Or is that just us?

Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •