Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    You know what they say: One regular season game against a mediocre opponent is always a great sample size to prove your point! Oh wait... No one says that. How are your 3-8 Raptors, btw? I saw they got beat by Charlotte at home last night. What happened to FVV, Siakam and OG being one of the best cores in the league?
    Just wait until the end of the season. Rockets will be in the playoff picture after playing real basketball for the first time in 8 years. Youíll finally realize just how much Rick Ross held your franchise back.

And yeah, Raps are struggling but thatís no surprise. I expect them to be fighting for 6th or 7th. Might wanna take a 2nd look at that final score though. Not surprised your eyes deceived you there considering you mistook Harden as an all time great for all these years.

Bright days are ahead for the Rockets. The franchise plateaued with Harden years ago yet Morey kept beating a dead horse until he finally left.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 01-15-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Just wait until the end of the season. Rockets will be in the playoff picture after playing real basketball for the first time in 8 years. Youíll finally realize just how much Rick Ross held your franchise back.
    It sure looked like real basketball when they won 55-plus games most seasons and won seven playoff series.

And yeah, Raps are struggling but thatís no surprise. I expect them to be fighting for 6th or 7th. Might wanna take a 2nd look at that final score though. Not surprised your eyes deceived you there considering you mistook Harden as an all time great for all these years.
    Ahhh... My bad. Sorry, they've been so terrible this year, I guess I just assumed it was a loss. Congrats on that 3-point victory over the Hornets at home against their star-studded lineup! Gotta enjoy those moral victories, right?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Heís a ****ing idiot. Thereís a reason no one wants to play here any more.

We literally had Convington, RW, Harden all ask for a trade at the same time. Now Oladipo too.

I bet Wall would even ask for a trade if he wasnít on the ridiculous contract that heís on and missed two seasons so he doesnít have much leverage to ask for a trade.

All jokes aside, I know you donít like Harden and thatís fine, heís not the only one who wanted out though. This Tilman guy has actually surpassed Dolan. Look at the Knicks they actually seem like they have a future now. FU Tillman.
    Don't worry brother. We went through that with the Jim Buss era until his sister kicked his useless behind out and took over. Hopefully Tillman sells.

"Eh, Good Enough."
    Quoted by the not so famous Greek Philosopher, Mediocrates.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    I traded Butler and Cam J for Tobias and Kyrie last week cause it looks like Butler will end up like Rondo....useless until playoff time.

Obviously Kyrie needs to play but Tobias was the real prize for me on this transaction!
    No ones biting on my trade offers lol

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I think two firsts is the best you can hope for seeing as Miami will have cap room. Bam, Butler, Dragić, Robinson, Herro, Precious untouchable in that scenario. Obviously that leaves nothing but fluff for Houston. Nunn+Iggy works and saves the owner $6M+. Maybe they can even redirect Iggy elsewhere (Boston TPE?).
    Saves the owner money so heís likely all for it. Only with that team Miamiís picks will be garbage. Basically last years team + Dipo. Yeah weíre looking at picks 25-30

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    It sure looked like real basketball when they won 55-plus games most seasons and won seven playoff series.

Ahhh... My bad. Sorry, they've been so terrible this year, I guess I just assumed it was a loss. Congrats on that 3-point victory over the Hornets at home against their star-studded lineup! Gotta enjoy those moral victories, right?
    Lol I remember watching the DeRozan Raps finish in 1st or 2nd every year. It was so exciting until the playoffs would start. Thatís when Iíd start lying to myself saying things like, ďThis year will be different!Ē

Hardenís Rockets were the exact same thing as DeRozanís Raptors. Regular season powerhouse but a playoff joke. Only DeRozan didnít have a revolving door of superstars to help him like Harden did.

Thanks for the kind words on the victory.

Saves the owner money so heís likely all for it. Only with that team Miamiís picks will be garbage. Basically last years team + Dipo. Yeah weíre looking at picks 25-30
    The value in it is the pick dates will be far in the future (2025, 2027). Anything can happen by then.

On second thought, Miami probably should just wait.

Lol I remember watching the DeRozan Raps finish in 1st or 2nd every year. It was so exciting until the playoffs would start. Thatís when Iíd start lying to myself saying things like, ďThis year will be different!Ē

Hardenís Rockets were the exact same thing as DeRozanís Raptors. Regular season powerhouse but a playoff joke. Only DeRozan didnít have a revolving door of superstars to help him like Harden did.

Thanks for the kind words on the victory.
    Lowry and Derozan lead Raptors werenít bad, they just couldnít get passed lebron. Same could be said for any team in the east, in that 8-9 year run Lebron had going straight to the finals.

If it wasnít for Lowry and Derozan the team wouldnít have been in a position to win in the first place. They had a big hand in changing the culture and turning the team in to a winning franchise. They were the most successful raptor team of any raptor team accept for the 2019 team that won a ship. We grew up with that team.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-15-2021 at 01:35 PM.

The value in it is the pick dates will be far in the future (2025, 2027). Anything can happen by then.

They will, they coulda had Dipo from the Pacers, if they wanted. They passed.

Fair enough, I guess that can change things. Although who knows what Herro & Bam become by then right.

I think Houston forces Dipo to play. We canít get bullied in to trading two stars in the same season can we ? This just keeps getting worse and worse for us lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Don't worry brother. We went through that with the Jim Buss era until his sister kicked his useless behind out and took over. Hopefully Tillman sells.
    Fingers crossed man, I hope for that everyday. And yeah Buss was a piece of work in his own right.

Lowry and Derozan lead Raptors werenít bad, they just couldnít get passed lebron. Same could be said for any team in the east, in that 8-9 year run Lebron had going straight to the finals.

If it wasnít for Lowry and Derozan the team wouldnít have been in a position to win in the first place. They had a big hand in changing the culture and turning the team in to a winning franchise. They were the most successful raptor team of any raptor team accept for the 2019 team that won a ship. We grew up with that team.
    They were chokers. It didnít help that DC was running the same offensive strategy year in year out either. Kinda like how Harden forces the same offensive strategy year in year out in Houston.

DeRozan had LeBron in his way every year. Harden only had to deal with KDís Warriors for 2 years really. Before that it was just a bunch of old guys that he couldnít beat.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he played PG the other night because simmons couldnt and he was getting triple teamed anytime the ball was remotely thrown his way... I dont know if this image below will show up because reddit... that being said i love ben but you can see joel getting pissed now.... I dont think its worth to trade for wall either atleast right now but if he is 100 percent healthy and we get back 2 firsts and can at least give joel a guy that wont be scared to shoot for the next 3 years we can then still build a team after that because most of the contracts would be up and we would have picks..... I dont want to trade ben... He tried to shoot tonight because the trade probably scared him like he insinuated but if we lose this year where joel has to play like an MVP and ben shrinks come the playoffs joel is gonna demand a trade and i cant blame him... Its early that is why I say give it the year because maybe having the shooters around this team will make this team great and will help ben... if you have a full year of shooters and you get spanked in the 2nd round again because ben is the 3rd option at best then what? hard choices but def options. I didnt really want harden for that price because i think he walks in 2 years and ring chases/Stripper chasses but i do want beal or levine waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before i want wall... I hate wall

https://preview.redd.it/mdzsw9y34bb6...=webp&8538b9ef
    I think you have the right approach in putting Embiid as the centerpiece. I agree at some point you need to determine whether Simmons massive flaw is too much to overcome and trade him while he still has value.

They were chokers. It didnít help that DC was running the same offensive strategy year in year out either. Kinda like how Harden forces the same offensive strategy year in year out in Houston.

DeRozan had LeBron in his way every year. Harden only had to deal with KDís Warriors for 2 years really. Before that it was just a bunch of old guys that he couldnít beat.
    Yeah maybe they choked a couple times in the early years vs the Wiz & Nets. But they developed passed that as they became more of a veteran team. I was very proud of their 2016 run in the playoffs. And I was never disappointed when they lost to a Lebron super team. It was what it was at the time. No one got passed lebron.

But you can easily say other than the 2019 squad, that the 2016 raptor team had more success than any other team weíve had in 26 years

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think you have the right approach in putting Embiid as the centerpiece. I agree at some point you need to determine whether Simmons massive flaw is too much to overcome and trade him while he still has value.
    The question is going to be can Embiid be the centerpice of a modern NBA team. Simmons in the Draymond Green role in a pace and space system would be great, but Embiid can't play at that pace 35 minutes a night and playing in that style would not fit his offensive skills as much.

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast