Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 1087
  1. #571
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,042
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think that is crazy to take a 30 year old Wall for Simmons even with the pics. Would Philly go into rebuilding at that point? I canít imagine Embiid wanting to stay.
    he played PG the other night because simmons couldnt and he was getting triple teamed anytime the ball was remotely thrown his way... I dont know if this image below will show up because reddit... that being said i love ben but you can see joel getting pissed now.... I dont think its worth to trade for wall either atleast right now but if he is 100 percent healthy and we get back 2 firsts and can at least give joel a guy that wont be scared to shoot for the next 3 years we can then still build a team after that because most of the contracts would be up and we would have picks..... I dont want to trade ben... He tried to shoot tonight because the trade probably scared him like he insinuated but if we lose this year where joel has to play like an MVP and ben shrinks come the playoffs joel is gonna demand a trade and i cant blame him... Its early that is why I say give it the year because maybe having the shooters around this team will make this team great and will help ben... if you have a full year of shooters and you get spanked in the 2nd round again because ben is the 3rd option at best then what? hard choices but def options. I didnt really want harden for that price because i think he walks in 2 years and ring chases/Stripper chasses but i do want beal or levine waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before i want wall... I hate wall

    https://preview.redd.it/mdzsw9y34bb6...=webp&8538b9ef

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,588
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Houston and Miami have the same record, and the Rockets have the better point differential. The Rockets spent the last two months dealing with drama and completely rebuilding their team. What's your excuse?
    Sensitive much? Your team has no shooters, an unproven coach, and it's rumored Oladipo doesn't even want to play there. You have multiple guys who need shots created for them and you just lost your best playmaker. Seriously, who is the ball going to with the game on the line?

    Miami has been without Butler for half of their games. Point differential literally means nothing this early in a season. Don't be a baby.

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,042
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Sensitive much? Your team has no shooters, an unproven coach, and it's rumored Oladipo doesn't even want to play there. You have multiple guys who need shots created for them and you just lost your best playmaker. Seriously, who is the ball going to with the game on the line?

    Miami has been without Butler for half of their games. Point differential literally means nothing this early in a season. Don't be a baby.
    i mean to be fair herro and bam were suppose to be the next goats with robinson and nunn and whomever else being god tier per your fanbase.... you guys got **** on the last 2 games much like the sixers did the last 4 games but who is crying tears for us exactly? seems like the only team that silver is rubbing one out for so far is the celtics. or they would have like 4 more losses right now.

    all in all regular season now means **** because silver has a hard on for the celtics.

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,189
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Sensitive much? Your team has no shooters, an unproven coach, and it's rumored Oladipo doesn't even want to play there. You have multiple guys who need shots created for them and you just lost your best playmaker. Seriously, who is the ball going to with the game on the line?

    Miami has been without Butler for half of their games. Point differential literally means nothing this early in a season. Don't be a baby.
    I'm trolling you, chief. I'm definitely not the sensitive one in this argument. Also, you forget this team has like zero expectations right now, so if they fail or succeed, it doesn't make a huge difference to me.

    (But your take about no shooters, a rookie coach and no playmakers is a poor one. This teams thrives on ball movement, there's plenty of guys capable of shooting 3s at an average clip, and rookie coaches succeed all the time.)


  5. #575
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    9,700
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    alright how about this... lets say if they refuse to trade beal or levine and wall looks great all season do the sixers dare take that contract.... they would def have to give up some of those firsts tbh... 2 of the nets firsts and wall for simmons
    lol no. insane to even think.

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,042
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    lol no. insane to even think.
    i dont disagree but i worry about joel... i get what he says off the court but my did is constantly pissed and carrying and as a center he has 3-4 years left... I have said after this season we need to choose if it doesnt work out and i stick by that.... we lost harden... if we cant get beal... id be open to getting wall if he continues at this level and 2 plus firsts... if not you then just trade joel and put nothing but shooters galore around ben... this is the year... this is what i give them.. if we get spanked in the 2nd round because of spacing and because ben cant deal with a zone then ya drastic **** needs to happen esp since we have a guy like maxey who will run the pnr and shoot at will and shoot the 3.... the dude is a godsend tbh and a ****ing steal

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,588
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i mean to be fair herro and bam were suppose to be the next goats with robinson and nunn and whomever else being god tier per your fanbase.... you guys got **** on the last 2 games much like the sixers did the last 4 games but who is crying tears for us exactly? seems like the only team that silver is rubbing one out for so far is the celtics. or they would have like 4 more losses right now.

    all in all regular season now means **** because silver has a hard on for the celtics.
    Until it gets closer to the half way mark and they realize their playoff chances are slipping away, I guess teams won't cry about these Covid-19 protocols.

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,727
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Houston and Miami have the same record, and the Rockets have the better point differential. The Rockets spent the last two months dealing with drama and completely rebuilding their team. What's your excuse?
    There are none left. Youíve used them all to excuse Hardenís play/antics over the years.

    Look how the short handed Rockets won last night. Remember when you were using them being short handed as an excuse for why Harden lost the first two games of the year?

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,588
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm trolling you, chief. I'm definitely not the sensitive one in this argument. Also, you forget this team has like zero expectations right now, so if they fail or succeed, it doesn't make a huge difference to me.

    (But your take about no shooters, a rookie coach and no playmakers is a poor one. This teams thrives on ball movement, there's plenty of guys capable of shooting 3s at an average clip, and rookie coaches succeed all the time.)
    Of course they have zero expectations, but based on the trades they made, their expectations are the 2010-2012 type expectations, to remain within a chance of securing an 8th seed, when just like those years instead the team's talent will probably lead them to 9th seed or 10th.

    You might have players "capable" of being average, but Wall, Cousins, Nwaba, Wood should also not be expected to shoot better than career averages which are all poor. Gordon has forgotten how to shoot. The others are fairly low volume.

    The idea of a movement offense doesn't fit the personnel. Most of the guys you'd be asking to setup teammates aren't smart passers or have traditionally been low assist guys barely over 1:1 on turnover ratio. You realistically have to put the ball in Wall and Oladipo's hands and have them setup the offense on most plays.

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,259
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Sensitive much? Your team has no shooters, an unproven coach, and it's rumored Oladipo doesn't even want to play there. You have multiple guys who need shots created for them and you just lost your best playmaker. Seriously, who is the ball going to with the game on the line?

    Miami has been without Butler for half of their games. Point differential literally means nothing this early in a season. Don't be a baby.
    Butler is killing my fantasy team. Heís played like 5 games lol

    I wonder if we accommodate Oladipo request to be traded. What would a Miami Oladipo trade realistically look like?

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,259
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    [Feldman] Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta refused to trade James Harden to 76ers

    anyone else surprised? rockets got themselves a magical owner lol
    Heís a ****ing idiot. Thereís a reason no one wants to play here any more.

    We literally had Convington, RW, Harden all ask for a trade at the same time. Now Oladipo too.

    I bet Wall would even ask for a trade if he wasnít on the ridiculous contract that heís on and missed two seasons so he doesnít have much leverage to ask for a trade.

    All jokes aside, I know you donít like Harden and thatís fine, heís not the only one who wanted out though. This Tilman guy has actually surpassed Dolan. Look at the Knicks they actually seem like they have a future now. FU Tillman.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,189
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Of course they have zero expectations, but based on the trades they made, their expectations are the 2010-2012 type expectations, to remain within a chance of securing an 8th seed, when just like those years instead the team's talent will probably lead them to 9th seed or 10th.

    You might have players "capable" of being average, but Wall, Cousins, Nwaba, Wood should also not be expected to shoot better than career averages which are all poor. Gordon has forgotten how to shoot. The others are fairly low volume.
    Mmm... Wood is a career 36% 3-point shooter who shot nearly 39% from the 3-point line last year, which I'd consider pretty elite for a 5. Tucker and McLemore are both above average shooters. Gordon is streaky as hell, but his range is legit, and his volume makes him dangerous. Brown is hard to judge because he hasn't played much and he's still young, but his shot has been off the charts to start the season.

    Also, you're missing a pretty big point, which is that you don't need to have a bunch of elite shooters, necessarily, to be a good NBA team. Yes, the league is trending toward more perimeter shooting, but there's plenty of good teams in the league that are below average when it comes to 3-point shooting. Look at the Lakers last year.

    The idea of a movement offense doesn't fit the personnel. Most of the guys you'd be asking to setup teammates aren't smart passers or have traditionally been low assist guys barely over 1:1 on turnover ratio. You realistically have to put the ball in Wall and Oladipo's hands and have them setup the offense on most plays.
    Agree to disagree. Tate and Cousins are both great passers, and I've seen Wood make some solid passes out of the post. Just because they have only two traditional playmakers doesn't mean they can't move the ball around and get easy baskets. Yesterday's game was a great example. No Wall, Gordon or Dipo, and they still managed 25 assists as a team. Now that Silas has the personnel he wants and can play his style, I think this offense has real potential.


  13. #583
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,189
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    There are none left. Youíve used them all to excuse Hardenís play/antics over the years.

    Look how the short handed Rockets won last night. Remember when you were using them being short handed as an excuse for why Harden lost the first two games of the year?
    You know what they say: One regular season game against a mediocre opponent is always a great sample size to prove your point! Oh wait... No one says that. How are your 3-8 Raptors, btw? I saw they got beat by Charlotte at home last night. What happened to FVV, Siakam and OG being one of the best cores in the league?


  14. #584
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,588
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Butler is killing my fantasy team. Heís played like 5 games lol

    I wonder if we accommodate Oladipo request to be traded. What would a Miami Oladipo trade realistically look like?
    I think two firsts is the best you can hope for seeing as Miami will have cap room. Bam, Butler, Dragić, Robinson, Herro, Precious untouchable in that scenario. Obviously that leaves nothing but fluff for Houston. Nunn+Iggy works and saves the owner $6M+. Maybe they can even redirect Iggy elsewhere (Boston TPE?).

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Butler is killing my fantasy team. Heís played like 5 games lol

    I wonder if we accommodate Oladipo request to be traded. What would a Miami Oladipo trade realistically look like?
    I traded Butler and Cam J for Tobias and Kyrie last week cause it looks like Butler will end up like Rondo....useless until playoff time.

    Obviously Kyrie needs to play but Tobias was the real prize for me on this transaction!

Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •