Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Agree to disagree on that. Assuming that trio doesn't stick around for seven years or aren't playing at prime level (both are likelly), we're talking about at least 2-3 likely high lottery picks on top of years of late first rounders. Is it likely that Houston will draft at least one player of Simmons' caliber with those picks? I'm going to say yes, and certainly the cumulative effect of having that many firsts and the assets they'll accumulate from those picks is worth more than Simmons alone.
    As a Brooklyn fan, I really don't like this trade. Too many picks and including Allen really p's me off.
    That said, and admitting that the Kyrie situation looks truly combustible, I'm not sure Houston will guaranteed get 2-3 very high lottery picks. Marks' judgment is looking a bit less special right now, but he has, till now, done a very good job. Honestly, I wouldn't put it over on him that the language on swaps is that they "will" swap picks, rather than that they will swap picks if Houston chooses to.

But really, if the Kyrie situation doesn't blow up, the picks over the next 3 years or so will not be high lottery picks or anywhere near so. Marks has proven he can work around the edges, so it's unlikely that the team will not add additional pieces. If all three guys bail at the same time, lots of money will open up, and if they don't, older players of that caliber will always net something. For the next two to three years, Brooklyn will have very low first-round picks, and, at worst, I would expect Brooklyn would more likely low-mid to low lottery for the next few years after that. So maybe you get 1 high lottery pick, or at most 2. And I don't see that that ensures Houston selecting someone better than Simmons.

For all we know, the Nets are already trading Kyrie, and that's the real reason he's AWOL. Unlikely though, since KD would have to approve that (still, when KD said the team supports Kyrie, he also went on to talking about players doing their job in difficult times). And maybe his reasons for being away from the team aren't as bad as assumed.

As for trouble with the top three sharing the ball. I don't think that will be a problem. KD seems fine sharing the spotlight. Kyrie didn't seem upset sharing the spotlight with KD. And Harden reportedly doesn't want to have to carry a team at this point.

I expect though that either Kyrie or Joe Harris will be included in a trade before the deadline. I hope not Joe, but fear it will be. So the team I've followed will be totally gone, and I'm not sure elite play is really a salve for that.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Offensively, Harden half-assing it is still more potent than Oladipo. I think they're delusional to believe they're a playoff team. They just don't have the outside shooting to support it.
    They still have a lot to work out, but I'm not sold that this Rockets team is hot garbage yet. I definitely don't think they're anywhere close to being a contender, but I could see hanging around and sneaking in the playoffs as a lower seed. Wall, Wood, Dipo, Cousins, Gordon, Tucker and their slew of young defensive wings (Tate, Nwaba, Brown) is a pretty solid rotation on paper, and they've had so little time together to gel; plus you have to factor in the Harden drama.

That being said, if they are terrible, that works out, too. In fact, if they're REALLY terrible, that would be great. If Houston's pick ends up being top 4 this year, they get to keep it.

Damn. Dude, you know you can multi-quote, right?
    I like to give special attention to each poster.

Ya I do know about multi-quote. Just like to respond to each person at a time. More of a personal to person conversation.

"Eh, Good Enough."
    Quoted by the not so famous Greek Philosopher, Mediocrates.

Not at all. I think Wall, Cousins and co. are happy to have a fresh start. I love James, but he clearly wasn't meshing well with these guys or Silas' system, and he never really bought in. Wall and the rest of the team seems to have really bought in, and now he has the keys to the franchise for the next two and a half seasons.

If things keep going south, could he want out? It's certainly possible, but he's in no position to demand anything, making crazy money after missing two seasons with a major injury. And if he were to decide to sit out, he'd be doing Houston (a team looking to tank soon) a favor, honestly. Barring him just dramatically increasing his value this season, I don't see him playing for another NBA team anytime soon.
    Hypothetically, if your team has a shot at a play in spot, would you rather go for it or try tank? I think its obvious you go for it if they're securely in a playoff spot.

Made me laugh

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

[Feldman] Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta refused to trade James Harden to 76ers

anyone else surprised? rockets got themselves a magical owner lol

They still have a lot to work out, but I'm not sold that this Rockets team is hot garbage yet. I definitely don't think they're anywhere close to being a contender, but I could see hanging around and sneaking in the playoffs as a lower seed. Wall, Wood, Dipo, Cousins, Gordon, Tucker and their slew of young defensive wings (Tate, Nwaba, Brown) is a pretty solid rotation on paper, and they've had so little time together to gel; plus you have to factor in the Harden drama.

That being said, if they are terrible, that works out, too. In fact, if they're REALLY terrible, that would be great. If Houston's pick ends up being top 4 this year, they get to keep it.
    Their best route is to tank. As it stands they just do not have the 3PT shooting to even sneak in the playoffs. VO & Tucker will come back down to earth with 3PT%. That makes a rotation with not one guy I would call a "great" outside shooter. Wall, Oladipo, House, Tucker, Wood, Gordon, Nwaba, Cousins as a rotation of all mediocre or low percentage shooters for their career 3PT%. They also aren't some amazing defensive squad either. No chance they make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Made me laugh

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    that is ****ing gold lol

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Their best route is to tank. As it stands they just do not have the 3PT shooting to even sneak in the playoffs. VO & Tucker will come back down to earth with 3PT%. That makes a rotation with not one guy I would call a "great" outside shooter. Wall, Oladipo, House, Tucker, Wood, Gordon, Nwaba, Cousins as a rotation of all mediocre or low percentage shooters for their career 3PT%. They also aren't some amazing defensive squad either. No chance they make the playoffs.
    Houston and Miami have the same record, and the Rockets have the better point differential. The Rockets spent the last two months dealing with drama and completely rebuilding their team. What's your excuse?

I'm surprised people don't see the carnage to come

alright how about this... lets say if they refuse to trade beal or levine and wall looks great all season do the sixers dare take that contract.... they would def have to give up some of those firsts tbh... 2 of the nets firsts and wall for simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I'm surprised people don't see the carnage to come
    Uhhhhhh, what?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    alright how about this... lets say if they refuse to trade beal or levine and wall looks great all season do the sixers dare take that contract.... they would def have to give up some of those firsts tbh... 2 of the nets firsts and wall for simmons
    Now your willing to trade Simmons for Wall and 2 first of Brooklyns 1st rounders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Now your willing to trade Simmons for Wall and 2 first of Brooklyns 1st rounders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if wall is 100 pct healthy and is great all season yes... because maxey/2 firsts and wall being healthy

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    if wall is 100 pct healthy and is great all season yes... because maxey/2 firsts and wall being healthy
    I think that is crazy to take a 30 year old Wall for Simmons even with the pics. Would Philly go into rebuilding at that point? I can’t imagine Embiid wanting to stay.

Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast