Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    I know it seems like a big haul the Rox got but i cant believe they turned down Simmons, stunned. At best half the picks they got might end up holding some value and even thats a toss up. I am excited to watch the ******** in BK continue on though. Still dont think this makes them contenders.

Man Kyrie, KD, and Harden. Three of the most weak minded, self centered, me first guys in the league. This is going to make for great TV if nothing else.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If Shams' report that Philly was offering Simmons + Thybulle + draft compensation was true, I have to think the "draft compensation" piece was pretty underwhelming. Like maybe 1-2 firsts tops or Morey was forcing protection on the picks. As much as I would have liked to have gotten a Ben Simmons in a trade, the draft picks are the more important pieces for a rebuilding team, ultimately.

I would love to think they could retool with this core, add another star somehow and still contend, but I just don't see it happening. The Rockets can't go full rebuild with Wall on the books yet, but I think it's probably coming. Just a matter of time...
    I wonder if Simmons gets all mopey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    I know it seems like a big haul the Rox got but i cant believe they turned down Simmons, stunned. At best half the picks they got might end up holding some value and even thats a toss up. I am excited to watch the ******** in BK continue on though. Still dont think this makes them contenders.
    It can go either really well or really bad. There is no in between. If it goes bad, which there is legitimately a high probability of happening, it will be a dumpster fire for the ages.

The Nets have in essence a two year window to win it all. All those guys can opt out after two years. If this blows up, and all those guys bounce, the future looks pretty bleak for the Nets.

Because they are rebuilding, thatís why.

Nets fans congrats... You guys have a lot of offensive fire power "Lethal Weapon 3".

Let see if KD, Irving & Harden can actually coexist.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

It's hard to know if Philly's offer was better without hearing what the draft picks were. If it's just Simmons, Thybulle and 1-2 picks with any kind of protection, I like the deal they picked better. I also heard somewhere (can't remember where in the sea of articles from the last 24 hours) that Maxey may have been a sticking point for Morey, which seems crazy to me.

On how valuable those Brooklyn picks end up being, it's really hard to know at this point. But given that all three guys are on the latter half of their careers, KD is coming off a major injury and Kyrie is incredibly unreliable, I feel pretty good that at least 2-3 of those picks will lend up being high lottery picks at some point.

It's hard to know if Philly's offer was better without hearing what the draft picks were. If it's just Simmons, Thybulle and 1-2 picks with any kind of protection, I like the deal they picked better. I also heard somewhere (can't remember where in the sea of articles from the last 24 hours) that Maxey may have been a sticking point for Morey, which seems crazy to me.

On how valuable those Brooklyn picks end up being, it's really hard to know at this point. But given that all three guys are on the latter half of their careers, KD is coming off a major injury and Kyrie is incredibly unreliable, I feel pretty good that at least 2-3 of those picks will lend up being high lottery picks at some point.
    The Brooklyn picks will be valuable. Look at all the **** Harden put the Rockets through. You think his attitude is going to magically change now that heís going to a spot where he doesnít have an entire franchise bending over backwards to appease him? Oh and Kyrie is there too.

I mean it when I say this. The Rockets made out like bandits in this deal.

The next several 1st rds will be mostly OKC or Hou picks now.....but how is the 2022 Bucks pick moving to Houston?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The next several 1st rds will be mostly OKC or Hou picks now.....but how is the 2022 Bucks pick moving to Houston?
    Cavs traded it for Allen and Prince

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I wonder if Simmons gets all mopey.

He already spoke to ESPN and said he was happy to be staying. Doesnt sound like he was actually made available afterall either.

Our best local guy said the Sixers said no to Simmons, Thybulle, picks so most of the reports yesterday were just smoke to get as much from the nets as possible. I think Simmons alone wouldve been better regardless. The rockets havent really had much success in the draft from what ive seen. I think theyre banking on a BK blowup and the potential to get a top end pick which i guess is prob worth the risk

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Cavs traded it for Allen and Prince
    that was the biggest steal in all of this

If Lethal Weapon 3 all opt out and leave or retire in 2 years, then long as the Nets draft well, they accepted the best package.

that was the biggest steal in all of this
    Without a doubt, one of the best defensive bigs in the league for a future late round pick. I mean Allen is only 22 years old. Plus Prince is a serviceable 3/4 himself.

Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast