Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 83
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,571
    I'm not a medical professional but I do work in managed care administration. From the info we've been given Covid-19 is a virus, and like all viruses they never go away, they just stop becoming infectious. Your body builds up immunity that prevents the virus from hacking new cells to replicate itself. This is why the "antibody" (serologic) tests are useful in knowing if someone once had the active virus long after they've recovered.

    People who no longer have an active infection are likely to pass the "antigen" (rapid PCR tests), but not other tests (qPCR). That's why even with the CDC now set to require people to pass testing when returning from international travel, they will also accept a person presenting a past positive test result, received within the last three months, paired with a letter from a health care provider that states they are clear to travel. The reason for that workaround is you may still show positive on certain forms of testing.
    Last edited by beasted86; 01-15-2021 at 03:20 PM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    11,264
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Glad he is Ok. It definitely didnt feel like a normal flu or cold for me or my wife. Symptoms coming and going. Im normally very healthy and believe I can work through illness. Even when now Im just very tried. Still I think we will both be 100 by next week and i am grateful


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Eh, Good Enough."
    Quoted by the not so famous Greek Philosopher, Mediocrates.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    11,264
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    No idea how you got that from his response but yes, I sold my soul to the government for 3 years back when I was 19.
    lullz. Hope you are over it.

    "Eh, Good Enough."
    Quoted by the not so famous Greek Philosopher, Mediocrates.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,634
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    lullz. Hope you are over it.
    Turns out I just needed to go to therapy to deal with my issues, not join the Army. Silly me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    5,047
    So what does that make Irving

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,631
    Good. We need more George Hills. Lockdowns, restrictions, masks and all the other BS are stupid.

    15 dAyS tO fLaTtEn ThE cUrVe

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,696
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You know I dont blame George Hill because he doesn't believe the stricter rules being implemented make any sense and Im not sure I disagree with him. .

    For example, I was told by my doctor that if you test positive for Covid-19 there is absolutely no reason for you to ever take the test again as it will show positive every time after that. He explained once the virus is in your system and you survive it, your body has naturally built an immunity to it, but that also means the virus is with in your system now so there for you if you test again, it will 100% come out positive every time. Thats why for people who actually get the virus, they are instructed to quarantine for two weeks and thats it, you're not required to take another test to go back to work. We've had 24 cases at my work place. Not one person was asked to do a 2nd test after their 2 week quarantine period.

    With that being said, can someone please explain this to me https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...me-670036.html
    Thats not true. Your doctor is giving you bad advice. Dez Bryant tested positive before Baltimores game against Dallas and he was pulled off the field. The very next day he tested negative and never tested positive again. So there is a such thing as a false positive. I also had Covid after Thanksgiving.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    17
    What a stupid topic this is. I dont care what your politics are or beliefs toward the virus are. Whatever restrictions the nba puts in place is what goes, thats his job and if he doesnt like it then find a new job. Idk why we keep putting athletes on this higher plane when it comes to what they can and cant do during the virus. Theres millions of people out there getting their businesses shut down, getting fired and hoping and praying for any job let alone one that pays you millions of dollars. If they nba said you go straight from the game to your room and you dont even speak with your family for months oh well thats the job take it or leave it. I for one will gladly take his place and contract and they can lock me in a damn padded cell if they want. We give in way to much to the entitlement of athletes, I have zero sympathy for them. I have a job and I have to deal with whatever rules they put in place so I keep it so I do not care about an athletes sob stories in regard to their rules. Wow you get put up in the best hotels in the world and get payed millions of dollars to play a game oh man what a hard life George hill.
    Last edited by Wxlves; 01-18-2021 at 01:58 PM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,449
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Good. We need more George Hills. Lockdowns, restrictions, masks and all the other BS are stupid.

    15 dAyS tO fLaTtEn ThE cUrVe

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Youre from Florida. Figures.


    Youre a DeSantis/Trump/JoshHawley/TedCruz supporter.

    Your post yells Trumpian
    Last edited by LaVar Ball; 01-27-2021 at 12:17 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Wxlves View Post
    What a stupid topic this is. I dont care what your politics are or beliefs toward the virus are. Whatever restrictions the nba puts in place is what goes, thats his job and if he doesnt like it then find a new job. Idk why we keep putting athletes on this higher plane when it comes to what they can and cant do during the virus. Theres millions of people out there getting their businesses shut down, getting fired and hoping and praying for any job let alone one that pays you millions of dollars. If they nba said you go straight from the game to your room and you dont even speak with your family for months oh well thats the job take it or leave it. I for one will gladly take his place and contract and they can lock me in a damn padded cell if they want. We give in way to much to the entitlement of athletes, I have zero sympathy for them. I have a job and I have to deal with whatever rules they put in place so I keep it so I do not care about an athletes sob stories in regard to their rules. Wow you get put up in the best hotels in the world and get payed millions of dollars to play a game oh man what a hard life George hill.
    Bu bu bu free rights!!!!

    Murikaaaaa !!!!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,080
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Good. We need more George Hills. Lockdowns, restrictions, masks and all the other BS are stupid.

    15 dAyS tO fLaTtEn ThE cUrVe

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Lol

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,696
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Good. We need more George Hills. Lockdowns, restrictions, masks and all the other BS are stupid.

    15 dAyS tO fLaTtEn ThE cUrVe

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    This thinking is why we are still in this situation the pandemic. If people would have just followed the doctors orders from the very beginning instead of listening to some idiot pandering to the far right we wouldnt be leading the world in Covid deaths.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    This thinking is why we are still in this situation the pandemic. If people would have just followed the doctors orders from the very beginning instead of listening to some idiot pandering to the far right we wouldnt be leading the world in Covid deaths.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly, these Trumpian racist insurrectionists are the reason COVID has spread and will continue to spread for Atleast another 2 more years.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    48,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    This thinking is why we are still in this situation the pandemic. If people would have just followed the doctors orders from the very beginning instead of listening to some idiot pandering to the far right we wouldnt be leading the world in Covid deaths.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How many deaths would we have?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    How many deaths would we have?
    Thousands upon thousands less. Just listen to the experts. It's very simple.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •