Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Glad to see the team unify behind Couturier and decide since he couldn't play they wouldn't either...

Woof. Tough game. Frost played pretty well. Just rough for the team. All good, go get em tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Anyone have the lines for tonight? I'm guessing they will be changed with the 4th line staying the same. Even the D pairings might get changed.

Montour on this team would be a massive upgrade for a RHD

We are dropping like flies now. Add Myers and Frost to Couts and Ghost as players that may be out. Frosty looked like a possible shoulder separation and Myers was weird...going to be tough to overcome these injuries in such a short season. Good thing we have some depth...

Frost to IR with dislocated shoulder - no timetable given for return.

Myers cracked rib. Week-to-week.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Frost to IR with dislocated shoulder - no timetable given for return.

Myers cracked rib. Week-to-week.
    ...oof...Probably going to be 3-5 weeks for Myers...just a huge loss. Could cause a trade for a Dman at this point. Frost is a huge loss too because I truly felt like he was going to show he belonged in our lineup. Now we have lost two of our top 5 dmen (I say Ghost will prove to be in there before the season's over), our best player in Coots, and our top prospect in Frost. Hopefully the team takes this as a challenge and use this as an opportunity to grow together and show resilience. Huge two games against the Bs starting tonight and this could really show the direction of this team. Getting 3 or 4 points shows we are contender level. Getting two shows we are going to compete...anything less and we are hurt is our excuse lol

Guessing Friedman paired with Hagg tonight and Gust moving up with Sanhiem. Anyone have the lines for tonight?

not overly encouraged by this performance.

i feel like i say that alot with this team, even when things are going well.

What a joke.

We didn't deserve a single point tonight...this team needs to get their heads out of their butts on defense. It's horrible. Having Gus and Braun together on a d pairing is STUPID too. Another game another injury too...Hopefully we give Zamula a shot....if he wants it. I'm not sure I'd want to play if I were him....I'd be afraid of injury lol

We didn't deserve a single point tonight
    true. but we got one anyway. survive and advance.
    ...this team needs to get their heads out of their butts on defense. It's horrible
    BOS played that whole 3rd period with 4 forwards. they scored two goals in the first two minutes because the flyers weren't prepared to play against that kind of high pressure system, and then that momentum carried them the rest of the game.

the other team gets paid, too.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    true. but we got one anyway. survive and advance.BOS played that whole 3rd period with 4 forwards. they scored two goals in the first two minutes because the flyers weren't prepared to play against that kind of high pressure system, and then that momentum carried them the rest of the game.

the other team gets paid, too.
    You can't just point to one period, c'mon. The 1st period was horrendous after the first 5 minutes. I believe we were out chanced 7 to 1 in the first period and spent a ton of time in our own zone. The second didn't start much better, but we played our best hockey at around the 5 or 6 minute mark of the second. Also, the team defense has been bad for all but one game this season. It wasn't a problem at first, but now we are starting to look bad. lol

In other news, Ghost has officially been released from COVID protocol. Just in time...

I want to be mad, but with how many injuries we have and as little chemistry as guys have been able to settle on (including getting guys like Patrick and Lindblom back up to speed), it's hard for me to be too mad. We are multiple defenseman and forwards down. They lost another dman tonight.

They also almost stole that in OT, and if it weren't for some Rask heroics on a few shots there...they probably do just that.

Got a point. Thats good. Being 3-1-1 with no Couts, no Ghost, no Myers, no Frost? Not the worst outcome. Processes need fixed and things to clean up, for sure.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-22-2021 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I want to be mad, but with how many injuries we have and as little chemistry as guys have been able to settle on (including getting guys like Patrick and Lindblom back up to speed), it's hard for me to be too mad. We are multiple defenseman and forwards down. They lost another dman tonight.

They also almost stole that in OT, and if it weren't for some Rask heroics on a few shots there...they probably do just that.

Got a point. Thats good. Being 3-1-1 with no Couts, no Ghost, no Myers, no Frost? Not the worst outcome. Processes need fixed and things to clean up, for sure.

I agree with this...but I am starting to just blindly hate Braun's play...I even yell at him when he makes good plays now...."OH, NOW YOU WANT TO HIT?!"

I don't get how AV can be so smart but have Braun and Gus out there together. I guess there's really not much of a choice when you have 5 d every night because someone gets hurt.

Does anyone else feel like there was some sort of weird memo given to officials regarding NAK this season? He's taken quite a few penalties, but some were kind of...meh...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast