Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Ghost in practice and with Provorov.

Gustafson out of lineup.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    When ghost returns and he gets healthy there is no reason braun is on this team... we can live with 2 of the 3 in ghost/gus/braun but not 3 of the 3... the defensive lapses i am watching this season is insane. On top of that we havent even talked about hagg... 4 horrid ****ing defenders and we have tried to hide them with prov in braun and ghost last year... my god nisk please come back

also so far last season was the writing on the wall for this season in terms of G... He looks washed. We ****ed up bad by not trading him and the front office never will.
    So I'm going to start this off with something that's going to sound really offensive, but if you let me finish my thought, I promise it's not; but this is a situation where I have to say "your eye test sucks". And that's not directed at you personally, I'd tell that to anyone, myself included. Flat out, our scouting ability sucks to begin with when we're sitting at home watching a game because we're not trained on every movement of Giroux, we're stuck using broadcast cams...etc. On top of that, the Flyers are playing bad hockey as a team, and just got blown out. Mind and memory are a tricky ***** and unreliable to begin with, add in all of the difficulties in scouting, and we have to come to a point where it's fair to say right now, our eye test is garbage and pretty bad. So when I say that, remember, this isn't your eye test sucks, it's all ours collectively. We're just at such a disadvantageous position to be able to rely on it.

Using the data, we can further supplant this eye-dea (clever!). First, his possession numbers are all over 50%. They're lower for his career, but he's driving play (more on this in a minute). His possession numbers relative are all super high, so he's driving play better than the team. So, he's playing well comparative to all, and he's looking a lot worse for it. Making it even harder to drive play, he's starting in his defensive zone at career high levels; 60+% of the time. It's much harder to be a good possession player there, and he's probably eating up more time here due to the lack of Couturier.

The end result? Our eyes have fooled us here, almost assuredly. It's easy right now; the Flyers had a bad, bad weekend, capped off by an absolute blow out. We feel bad, we transfer it to the players on the ice, spread the blame around. But the data suggests Giroux is actually playing really well. Certainly not washed up. We're small sample size, so this could change; 6 bad games and we're somewhere else with him. But I think that a lot of what you're feeling right now is transitive property: the Flyers got their *** beat really, really bad thus Giroux must also be playing bad, thus he's washed up. The reality is that while the Flyers got their *** beat really bad, it's not really Giroux's play that's doing it, as he's been one of the better players, even if it doesn't feel that way.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-25-2021 at 03:01 PM.

How did Ghost look? Didn't get to see the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    How did Ghost look? Didn't get to see the game.
    For coming off of Covid and playing 20+ minutes straight in...pretty good. I didn't notice him a ton...which I think is better than worse; he wasn't making terrible decisions, he didn't play crazy or uncontrolled. He didn't do a ton offensively that I can remember, but I'm okay with that right now. He posted really high CF% on the game (57%) and really high Fenwick. So advanced data seems to think he played really good, too.

All in all, I'm happy.

Myers on the ice for practice.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Myers on the ice for practice.

This is insanely exciting news in my book. lol That means either Braun or Hagg will be out. Both of them have been pretty bad so far, but Braun just seems to be a little worse. Hagg has been making some really poor decisions so far...Almost like he's pressing? I dont know. I think Braun should sit, but see Hagg sitting when it comes down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    This is insanely exciting news in my book. lol That means either Braun or Hagg will be out. Both of them have been pretty bad so far, but Braun just seems to be a little worse. Hagg has been making some really poor decisions so far...Almost like he's pressing? I dont know. I think Braun should sit, but see Hagg sitting when it comes down to it.
    Myers won't be ready for the next NJ game (per AV) but seems to be close. Maybe this weekend.

My guess is that it's Friedman exiting the lineup. AV was very tepid on him, stating he's pressing. Needs to see more.

Myers won't be ready for the next NJ game (per AV) but seems to be close. Maybe this weekend.

My guess is that it's Friedman exiting the lineup. AV was very tepid on him, stating he's pressing. Needs to see more.

Oh yeah...that guy...lol He was playing bad too.

If your not going to give Friedman minutes then give Zamula a chance on the 3rd pairing with Hagg/Braun.

Friedman sounds like he's sitting tonight. Nate Prosser will play instead.

Yippie...

Friedman sounds like he's sitting tonight. Nate Prosser will play instead.

Yippie...

Yippie!!!!!!

Yippie!!!!!!

Haha, yeah. Talk about a pleasant surprise. I loved his game tonight. Solid effort by most of the team. We need to have that shoot mentality that we had in the 3rd in the first two periods too. Liked Carter's calm and collected effort in goal tonight as well. Ghost played a solid game tonight as well. I can't wait to have Myers back and get maybe Braun off the back end there....Gus had a strong game tonight as well.

The next 6 games are going to be murder. It would be a moral victory if they split 3-3.

apparently tk is benched for sam freaking morin. My god. What a joke AV is...

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    apparently tk is benched for sam freaking morin. My god. What a joke AV is...
    This is his style. And I hate it. They're going to bench our top goal scorer for a forward making his first ever professional game at the position? You can be upset at the top-2 lines recently for their play (though I think it's an overreaction). But that would be beyond ****ing stupid. Sending a message against the Islanders like that? Jesus.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast