Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I agree with this...but I am starting to just blindly hate Braun's play...I even yell at him when he makes good plays now...."OH, NOW YOU WANT TO HIT?!"

I don't get how AV can be so smart but have Braun and Gus out there together. I guess there's really not much of a choice when you have 5 d every night because someone gets hurt.

Does anyone else feel like there was some sort of weird memo given to officials regarding NAK this season? He's taken quite a few penalties, but some were kind of...meh...
    Oh. I hate Justin Braun. Cannot stand him. He's a dead weight anchor.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Is Ghost in any shape to play? If he's not who steps up to play as the 6th Dman? Morin? Prosser? or Pouliot?

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Is Ghost in any shape to play? If he's not who steps up to play as the 6th Dman? Morin? Prosser? or Pouliot?
    Friedman is apparently not expected to miss any time with injury, per AV they kept him out for precautionary reasons

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Friedman is apparently not expected to miss any time with injury, per AV they kept him out for precautionary reasons
    He honestly looked good that game. I liked his aggression a lot. I hope AV gives him more minutes. I think he was only on pace for around 10 mins or so. :/

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Ghost is expected to be on the top pairing with Provy when the Flyers return home from NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I want to be mad, but with how many injuries we have and as little chemistry as guys have been able to settle on (including getting guys like Patrick and Lindblom back up to speed), it's hard for me to be too mad. We are multiple defenseman and forwards down. They lost another dman tonight.

They also almost stole that in OT, and if it weren't for some Rask heroics on a few shots there...they probably do just that.

Got a point. Thats good. Being 3-1-1 with no Couts, no Ghost, no Myers, no Frost? Not the worst outcome. Processes need fixed and things to clean up, for sure.

exactly. This season is starting out like the last one to me. Once we get all the boys back we will dominate and run away like we did last year, except we will be better this year. Ghost is made for this team right now and if he can come in and push one of hagg/braun out, our defense will have one less anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    He honestly looked good that game. I liked his aggression a lot. I hope AV gives him more minutes. I think he was only on pace for around 10 mins or so. :/
    he should be playing over braun at this point. I like braun in a 6th role but friedman can do exactly what he does w/ more aggression and is younger/cheaper. Hagg is so damn slow, braun is clueless at times (he is awful in a top 4 role), and gus is lazy af

We need myers, ghost, couts back asap.

Also, I can't wait until hagg/braun are gone. Hate them both:

provorov-myers
    sanheim-york
    zamula-ghost

Laine traded to Columbus ... would have paid Patrick and a 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Laine traded to Columbus ... would have paid Patrick and a 2nd
    Well, yeah. But why would Winnipeg take a late 2nd and a 3C who has played all of 4 games in the last 1.5 years over Luc Dubois?

I already withdraw my excitement. I get that it's early and we have some injuries but they have been completely dominated in many of the periods so far.

that was a godawful hit by voracek.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    that was a godawful hit by voracek.
    Got to move him while he has any value.

Piss poor again. Bad...no, horrible team defense. The officiating was awful this game too and I feel like really set the tone and took the wind out of our sails a couple times. That cross check to the head of TK needs to be called, I dont care what the score is. That Jake check, needs to be called. Just bad...But as bad as the refs were, we were worse as a team. All around...I hated that game. I like Provorov...Braun was worse than usual. Gus was responsible for a goal again on his own and should not be starting....and only 17 shots on goal. Just a really bad game and looking like a really bad team right now.

Unless Carter shows up like he did against Pitts, every single night, we don't stand a chance of being a contender this season or next. Half of our defense wouldn't start on about 50% of NHL teams (or more). Ghost and Coots will hopefully make a difference. Friedman got screwed by the refs tonight and was visibly frustrated by game's end. Hagg was making bad plays...This team doesn't look good.

Now we play NJ and we pretty much need 4 pts. from them to restore confidence...3pts would be OK if it was a situation where their goalie steals the show or something. I want 30+ shots/game and allowing under 30 shots/game. I want hits finished in on the forecheck. I want G to not be invisible for multiple periods per game. I want our young guns to look like stars in the making. Just a frustrating 4 games now. Lucky to have gotten 3 pts in those games.

The Flyers defense is abysmal. Braun and Haag and no better than 3rd pairing D men and there is no room on a good team for both. The D was bad before Myers went down. Now it is horrid. Gustafsson flat out stinks. This team has below average defense. They are nowhere near being a contender.

When ghost returns and he gets healthy there is no reason braun is on this team... we can live with 2 of the 3 in ghost/gus/braun but not 3 of the 3... the defensive lapses i am watching this season is insane. On top of that we havent even talked about hagg... 4 horrid ****ing defenders and we have tried to hide them with prov in braun and ghost last year... my god nisk please come back

also so far last season was the writing on the wall for this season in terms of G... He looks washed. We ****ed up bad by not trading him and the front office never will.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast