Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 127
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    The next 6 games are going to be murder. It would be a moral victory if they split 3-3.
    4 -2 over the next 6.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,733
    Shocker but Morin, the "never played forward in a professional game" guy for the experienced and team leader in goals forward Koneceny didn't do anything.
    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,733
    It's early but Ghost might be back. What a Boone that would be.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,766
    Coaches don't have many tools available to try and spark players.

    I hate the idea of intentionally dressing a less talented lineup. Ever. It's frustrating and on the surface appears to make winning harder.

    However, clearly you can't look at the scratching of konecny for Morin in a vacuum if you want to truly understand the impact.

    You have to factor in the extra ice time the forwards got, that aren't konecny. The most notable being scott laughton. That seemed to be a good thing tonight.

    -TK hasn't been playing well. Even my girlfriend has been yelling at me, for yelling at at him during this recent stretch of games. He's been frustratingly not himself.

    - Sometimes an off night can actually help a player. I'll withhold judgement for now. TK needs to be back in the lineup tomorrow. I say this assuming there's nothing behind the scenes that motivated this benching (personal life stuff)


    At the end of the day the Flyers stole two points tonight. If they don't improve and do it soon, the bottom is going to fall out before Couturier gets a chance to help right this ship.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,433
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It's early but Ghost might be back. What a Boone that would be.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    we need this because prov is yet again being beyond relied on like nobody else... On top of this braun and gus are ****ing awful and our offense hasnt been good and yes cout is huge but that isnt going to fix the offense and our over passing and just lackluster offensive play in the other teams zone... G had a good game and i get it you love him but him and JVR are really underwhelming from what they were and i get it decline is a thing but paying these guys top dollar and they arent top players is going to ****ing kill us in the long run.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,433
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Coaches don't have many tools available to try and spark players.

    I hate the idea of intentionally dressing a less talented lineup. Ever. It's frustrating and on the surface appears to make winning harder.

    However, clearly you can't look at the scratching of konecny for Morin in a vacuum if you want to truly understand the impact.

    You have to factor in the extra ice time the forwards got, that aren't konecny. The most notable being scott laughton. That seemed to be a good thing tonight.

    -TK hasn't been playing well. Even my girlfriend has been yelling at me, for yelling at at him during this recent stretch of games. He's been frustratingly not himself.

    - Sometimes an off night can actually help a player. I'll withhold judgement for now. TK needs to be back in the lineup tomorrow. I say this assuming there's nothing behind the scenes that motivated this benching (personal life stuff)


    At the end of the day the Flyers stole two points tonight. If they don't improve and do it soon, the bottom is going to fall out before Couturier gets a chance to help right this ship.
    This... Outisde of prov the defense is really awful.. lets hope ghost has actually gone back to ghost of old but the offense is bad. Kon was playing poorly but i just cant see any chance at a cup with 3 of our top highest paid players in JVR/VOR/G being what they are. Vor has been good this year the other 2 arent and couts isnt going to fix everything. JVR has the goals but my man should because he is right on top of the goalie and we need that but he is slow and unless he keeps up the scoring will be a huge negative. JVR is def the worst out of the bunch and i might be unfair to G because of what he was but I expect him to be the best player constantly and he isnt.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-31-2021 at 05:02 AM.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,184
    Everytime Gustafsson touches the puck I cringe the same way I did when MacDonald used to touch it. This team is continuously getting outplayed but somehow find ways to win, it is bizarre. But there's no way they can sustain that.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,455
    Everytime Gustafsson touches the puck I cringe the same way I did when MacDonald used to touch it. This team is continuously getting outplayed but somehow find ways to win, it is bizarre. But there's no way they can sustain that.
    it's the same as last year: either the team will start playing better and the results will continue, or the team will continue to play at their current level and the results will disappear.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,930
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    it's the same as last year: either the team will start playing better and the results will continue, or the team will continue to play at their current level and the results will disappear.
    i think its the former. We are still trying to find a balance for guys like Patrick, lindblom, and a rejunivated ghost on this team. Add in gus, no couts, elevated minutes for farabee on pk, etc.

    I think we will soar once couts gets back and we get a few games in.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,930
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    This is his style. And I hate it. They're going to bench our top goal scorer for a forward making his first ever professional game at the position? You can be upset at the top-2 lines recently for their play (though I think it's an overreaction). But that would be beyond ****ing stupid. Sending a message against the Islanders like that? Jesus.
    its so dumb. Just play him on the 3rd or 4th line..no need to bench one of our best offensive players. Morin is useless as a forward.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,469
    Hexy is a candidate for Pens GM

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,455
    Hexy is a candidate for Pens GM
    current makeup of the flyers roster:

    acquired by bob clarke (1): giroux
    acquired by paul holmgren (6): couturier, voracek, laughton, raffl, hagg, ghost (morin)
    drafted by hextall (8): provorov, sanheim, konecny, lindblom, patrick, NAK, farabee, hart, (myers, frost, bunnaman, friedman)
    free agent/trade by hextall (1): JVR
    free agent/trade by chuck fletcher (5): hayes, gustafsson, prosser, braun, elliott



    maybe crosby told ownership he's retiring?

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,930
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    current makeup of the flyers roster:

    acquired by bob clarke (1): giroux
    acquired by paul holmgren (6): couturier, voracek, laughton, raffl, hagg, ghost (morin)
    drafted by hextall (8): provorov, sanheim, konecny, lindblom, patrick, NAK, farabee, hart, (myers, frost, bunnaman, friedman)
    free agent/trade by hextall (1): JVR
    free agent/trade by chuck fletcher (5): hayes, gustafsson, prosser, braun, elliott



    maybe crosby told ownership he's retiring?
    certainly looks like hexy set us up lmao.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,164
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    its so dumb. Just play him on the 3rd or 4th line..no need to bench one of our best offensive players. Morin is useless as a forward.
    It's not dumb. It sends an important message to the entire team, play the right way or sit. That goes for everyone. It's teaching discipline.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,733
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    It's not dumb. It sends an important message to the entire team, play the right way or sit. That goes for everyone. It's teaching discipline.
    They are adults and professionals. Sitting Koneceny didn't make the team any better that day. Giroux, Voracek, Hart...no one played better because they sat him. They got thoroughly outplayed for most of the game. They took 2 points, but it wasn't like the team was any more disciplined, they didn't control the puck. The processes was that of a loss, they got lucky to get those points. Sitting Koneceny almost cost them points. It didn't gain them anything.

    Fans like sitting good players for a game because it's a visual representation to them on how "effort = something" because we're not in the locker room, we don't see practice or hear everything, we don't get their texts and phone calls. But it's always a stupid idea to make your team less talented on the ice for something that can be handled another way. Sure, Koneceny hasn't played great this year. He's not on the ice driving play like he was in the past. He's also one of the most talented players we have. There are other ways to work through that than to purposefully make your team weaker on the ice.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •