Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Edelman expected to retire

Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I think heís gonna get released if he doesnít. Heís toast. Maybe he could latch on somewhere as a #4 but I think heíd have too much pride to do it anywhere other than Tampa Bay with Tom, but they donít even need a guy in that role unless they let guys walk.

Iíll get out in front of it... heís not a HOFer. Stop that nonsense right now if anyone tries to bring it.

He was a huge piece for 3 super bowl winners though, won a SB MVP and made one of the biggest played in super bowl history with that ATL catch. Team HOFer for sure. Started as a returner and special teamed and made his way up to leading receiver. People forget he was a slot CB for a conference championship team too. Remarkable career and an awesome story as a late round converted QB.

Definitely a guy who deserves his respect and flowers on the way out.

He's going to end up in Tampa Bay somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    He's going to end up in Tampa Bay somehow.
    I dunno, they really don't need him. Unless Gronk or AB won't be there next year.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

He needs to get out before he's crippled by age 40. That knee has to be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think heís gonna get released if he doesnít. Heís toast. Maybe he could latch on somewhere as a #4 but I think heíd have too much pride to do it anywhere other than Tampa Bay with Tom, but they donít even need a guy in that role unless they let guys walk.

Iíll get out in front of it... heís not a HOFer. Stop that nonsense right now if anyone tries to bring it.

He was a huge piece for 3 super bowl winners though, won a SB MVP and made one of the biggest played in super bowl history with that ATL catch. Team HOFer for sure. Started as a returner and special teamed and made his way up to leading receiver. People forget he was a slot CB for a conference championship team too. Remarkable career and an awesome story as a late round converted QB.

I'm not saying he's a HOFer, but I wouldn't say he has no chance. Obviously not 1st ballot, but the Pats probably win 2 less rings without him.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He needs to get out before he's crippled by age 40. That knee has to be shot.

I'm not saying he's a HOFer, but I wouldn't say he has no chance. Obviously not 1st ballot, but the Pats probably win 2 less rings without him.
    He's 2nd in postseason history in receptions and yardage, trailing only Jerry Rice. Is that any good?
    Also the 2nd most 100 yd. games in playoff history and the all-time leader in punt return yardage in postseason history. More than a handful of noteworthy plays and as mentioned, a SB MVP.
    There is a precedent for a WR getting into the Hall with pedestrian regular season numbers but great playoff numbers; Lynn Swann. Edelman's reg. season numbers are much bigger than Swann's.

Quote Originally Posted by rc33 View Post
    Edelman's reg. season numbers are much bigger than Swann's.
    Yeah, because he played 40 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by rc33 View Post
    He's 2nd in postseason history in receptions and yardage, trailing only Jerry Rice. Is that any good?
    Also the 2nd most 100 yd. games in playoff history and the all-time leader in punt return yardage in postseason history. More than a handful of noteworthy plays and as mentioned, a SB MVP.
    There is a precedent for a WR getting into the Hall with pedestrian regular season numbers but great playoff numbers; Lynn Swann. Edelman's reg. season numbers are much bigger than Swann's.
    ignoring the era they played in is silly.

Swann was one of the best receivers during his time in the NFL, edelman has never at any point in his career been a top 10 WR

During swanns career, a typical receiving yards leader for each year would maybe break 1100 yards.

obviously a huge contrast to modern times

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    ignoring the era they played in is silly.

Swann was one of the best receivers during his time in the NFL, edelman has never at any point in his career been a top 10 WR

During swanns career, a typical receiving yards leader for each year would maybe break 1100 yards.

obviously a huge contrast to modern times
    Oh yeah, absolutely. And that same rule applies very much to the numbers put up by QB's and TE's as well. Not as much RB's cuz the run was more integral years ago. Not sure Edelman's a HOF'r but man he was a baller and repeatedly came thru in big games. Read some of the comments his peers (OBJ, AB, Julio, etc..) have made about Edelman over the years. They don't have much doubt about what kind of gamer he is.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

Iíll get out in front of it... heís not a HOFer. Stop that nonsense right now if anyone tries to bring

Wait what?

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Wait what?
    He's like the Eli Manning of WRs.

Also Gilmore or Hightower should have won SB MVP instead of Edelman.

Quote Originally Posted by QB Eagles
    Also Gilmore or Hightower should have won SB MVP instead of Edelman.
    10 catches for 140 yards, 8 of the team's 18 1st downs (3 of which were on 3rd down). There's no way you give that SBMVP to anyone else. The defense was great and I understand the desire to reward them by giving it to someone in the unit, but nobody had an individual MVP level performance whereas Edelman at worst had an argument.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Yeah, Edelman is not a hofer. Can't believe that needs to be said lmao.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    10 catches for 140 yards, 8 of the team's 18 1st downs (3 of which were on 3rd down). There's no way you give that SBMVP to anyone else. The defense was great and I understand the desire to reward them by giving it to someone in the unit, but nobody had an individual MVP level performance whereas Edelman at worst had an argument.
    Yeah, if you only look at stats, sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast