Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yea about 80% of his FGA in college were in the paint.

We're turning him into Blake Griffin... the washed up Blake, by having him take mostly 3's. he's simply not a good 3pt shooter right now, some of his attempts aren't even close.

It's a catch 22, we don't need the paint crowded anymore than it is, and long term Obi needs to develop a jumper, but I think he needs to play to his strengths for now at least and ease his way into bombing from 25+ feet out.

the other issue is, he's very much a finisher, and finisher need to be setup, except of course we don't have a PG. I mean if you run P&R with Obi & Payton the defenses will just let Payton take a wide open 3 all day.
    Towns lived around rim also when he was at Kentucky he didn't shoot a lot of 3s either nor anyone called him NBA lvl shooter.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Towns lived around rim also when he was at Kentucky he didn't shoot a lot of 3s either nor anyone called him NBA lvl shooter.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    KAT didn't come into the league bombing 3's either though, that's my point. took him a while to start shooting them. he only attempted 1 three per game his rookie year out of 14 shots per game.

Obi in the limited time we've seen has been bombing away from wayyy downtown, well over 50% of his shots.

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    18m
    Knicks will avoid Brooklyn's new Big 3 tonight of James Harden, Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. They also will not have to face Caris Levert and Jarrett Allen, who are moving on. Wonder if KD decides to play now after this on a second night of a back-to-back after blockbuster.

nets can definitely use Noel, can they wait till after Feb 5th? Shamet or Brown?

Do contracts mean anything? It seems to me, anyone who is a high profile star in the NBA can do obnoxious things to draw attention to themselves and get what they want.

Just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Do contracts mean anything? It seems to me, anyone who is a high profile star in the NBA can do obnoxious things to draw attention to themselves and get what they want.

Just sad.
    No contracts mean nothing now that the players have all the power.
    It's the same reason the Knicks traded KP for a bag of donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    To be fair, Porzingis was going to be a UFA at the end of the season and was still rehabbing from surgery. James Harden has 2 years and $89M left on his contract.

This is why I credit New Orleans Pelicans who held out till the off-season, forcing the Lakers to come up with a much better trade package in order to receive Anthony Davis.

Not really. KP got traded for **** because we had an incompetent FO that let themselves get played. And who prioritized cap space they didn’t need

And I wouldn’t say the Rockets got nothing either, considering they had little leverage

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    To be fair, Porzingis was going to be a UFA at the end of the season and was still rehabbing from surgery. James Harden has 2 years and $89M left on his contract.

This is why I credit New Orleans Pelicans who held out till the off-season, forcing the Lakers to come up with a much better trade package in order to receive Anthony Davis.
    no he was RFA, which makes the deal even worse, we had his rights and could match anything.

I would have taken a bag donuts over Dennis Smith.

I have to say this is a new era, personally battling covid for 14 days now and still have symptoms, and all over the world it just keeps increasing.

Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania
    ·
    1h
    Remember: The week players returned to training camp for testing, 48 players returned positive for coronavirus -- that was before entering NBA's health and safety protocols. 16 over the past week, as the pandemic has raged on in the most significant way throughout the US.
    Quote Tweet
    Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania
    · 1h
    16 new NBA players have tested positive for coronavirus out of 497 tested since Jan. 6, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

you know what is sad, even depleted their starting 5 is better than our, actually it's not close.

Ian Begley
    @IanBegley
    Starting for Brooklyn vs. NYK: Bruce Brown, Joe Harris, Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and DeAndre Jordan.
    7:02 PM · Jan 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    1h
    Thibodeau still concerned about Nets despite them missing Kyrie Irving (personal), Caris Levert (gone), Jarrett Allen (also gone). "All I know is when you have a player like Durant, he causes a lot of problems. We have to lock into who they do have. They do have quite a bit."
    Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    1h
    Thibodeau said “if there’s an opportunity” to play Toppin, he will. Not rushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    you know what is sad, even depleted their starting 5 is better than our, actually it's not close.

Ian Begley
    @IanBegley
    Starting for Brooklyn vs. NYK: Bruce Brown, Joe Harris, Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and DeAndre Jordan.
    7:02 PM · Jan 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
    I think KD plus G leaguers would be better than us

Payton is a better shooter than RJ lmao

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast