Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

GT12: Brooklyn (6-6) @ the Mecca w/ Most Deified Knicks (5-6): Battle of New York

Knicks are reeling from a 3 game losing streak. Nets coming off a win, snapping a 2 game losing streak against Denver.

The Brooklyn Nets started off looking like a title contender but since blowing up the Golden State Warriors there have been setbacks:
    1. Spencer Dinwiddle tore his ACL. Out for the season.

2. Kyrie Irving vs the media.

3. Kevin Durant then Kyrie Irving violating quarantine rules.

Note: Kyrie Irving is out due to violation of Quarantine rules.

Meanwhile, the Knicks need to regroup after 3 straight losses. Elfrid Payton and RJ Barrett are not on the same page. They have to mix it up. Payton has to get RJ the ball as a cutter and not as a open 3-point shooter. Thibs is going to have to get more production out of Bullock.

Note: Dennis Smith Jr should be back. Toppin and Ntilikina are out for another week.

Kyrie is Starbury with double the talent and double the mental illness.

Wish I could attend this one in person and make KD's ears bleed with boos.

I think we get back on track and at least make this one competitive and winnable in the 4th.

KD is KD, he looks like he's 100% and unstoppable again, so much for not wanting him because he'll be 80% when he returns.

Kyrie well he's Kyrie and has hurt his team minus Lebron now three different cities. I still would love to have his talent here, he's just a wild card.

Knicks should just tank, and trade for Dinwiddie who is out all year, at least no matter what we will have something going into the lottery.

Nothing wrong with drafting a PG and trading for him.

Scary game tonight, who is covering KD? Randle? Ouch, Knox? Oooch? RJ? my goodness?

Even the Nets on their third string PG looks light years better than all of ours/

I hope 2021 draft comes soon cause this team is brutal to watch.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    15h
    Reggie Bullock is doubtful for tomorrow vs. Nets but Taj Gibson is available, per NBA official.

an Begley
    @IanBegley
    ·
    Jan 13
    Obi Toppin is probable to play tonight, Knicks say.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    an Begley
    @IanBegley
    ·
    Jan 13
    Obi Toppin is probable to play tonight, Knicks say.
    What I've been waiting for imo he's our only obstacle for the tank

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    KD is KD, he looks like he's 100% and unstoppable again, so much for not wanting him because he'll be 80% when he returns.

Kyrie well he's Kyrie and has hurt his team minus Lebron now three different cities. I still would love to have his talent here, he's just a wild card.

Knicks should just tank, and trade for Dinwiddie who is out all year, at least no matter what we will have something going into the lottery.

Nothing wrong with drafting a PG and trading for him.

Scary game tonight, who is covering KD? Randle? Ouch, Knox? Oooch? RJ? my goodness?

Even the Nets on their third string PG looks light years better than all of ours/
    I’ve been told Obi’s a wing who can play the 3 so he’ll guard KD. jkjk go knicks let’s shock the Nets and get this W!

NY_KnicksPR
    @NY_KnicksPR
    ·
    1h
    Injury Report 1/13 vs. BKN: Taj Gibson is available; Probable - Obi Toppin (strained right calf); Doubtful - Reggie Bullock (sore right hip); Out - Alec Burks (sprained left ankle) and Frank Ntilikina (sprained right knee).

I doubt Obi would get more than say 10 min, he hasn't done much and played one game, so very unlikely and with Taj available that could limit is return a bit

Lots to unpack...

1. Y'know it almost seems like clockwork, Kevin Durant violated quarantine rules (there's no fine) and had a nice break. Came back strong last night. Now Kyrie Irving violated quarantine rules while getting some Sage to burn from Whole Foods. He gets a nice break. I guarantee you by the time this season is over, coach Steve Nash will have aged 10 yrs.

2. RJ Barrett vs Kevin Durant: I can't see anyone else guarding Durant. It'll be interesting to see RJ's defense on display.

3. The Knick offense vs zone defense: Teams are no longer allowing Randle to play man to man. Teams are playing zone and it's getting in the head of many Knicks because decision making/critical thinking is measured.

4. Obi Toppin: Time to show us something. I don't care if he gets 10 slams, 10 rebounds, or 5 blocks. I just want him to show us something more than 4 for 12 from the field that are beyond his range in a jump shot.

5. Kevin Knox: Every time Kevin has a good game, he follows up with a poor one. I'd like to see this kid string together a few good shooting performances. Tonight is a good showcase.

6. Who are the Nets: Some nights this team looks like a Championship contender, other nights they look disinterested. While it's only 12 games into the season, Steve Nash can't be happy they're only .500.

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    26m
    Updated: "I'm a little rusty" - Obi Toppin says he learned plenty while watching #Knicks and is available for return tonight #Knicks
    @DaytonMBB

It’s okay Thibs will give Obi a full 3 minutes tonight to shake that rust off.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/knicks...site%20buttons

Knicks rookie power forward Obi Toppin has been cleared to play in Wednesday’s match vs. the Nets, though it’s still unclear if he will get minutes.

Three days ago, Tom Thibodeau said Toppin, who has been out since the season opener with a calf strain, hadn’t been cleared for contact and was only doing 1-on-0 drills. Thibodeau said he still had to do 1-on-1, 2-on-2, 3-on-3, 4-on-4 and 5-on-5 drills and “patience” is needed.

The rookie said he’s only had contact drills with coaches. Toppin isn’t sure how much — or if — he’ll play Wednesday.

“I’m not really sure how much I’ll play today,” Toppin said on a Zoom call. “I just got cleared to play this morning. I’m going to be ready whenever coach calls my name.”

Toppin was listed as “out” on the injury report submitted to the league Tuesday night.

As reported Tuesday, newly signed Taj Gibson is available for action. If last season’s starting center sees minutes, that will lessen the chances of Toppin playing, though the Knicks are thin at the power-forward position.

Gibson gave no indication if he’d play Wednesday or what his playing time would be in the future. Having missed preseason and the first 11 games, he sees himself more in a mentor role down the road.

“I’ll do what the team needs me to do,” Gibson said. “Just being around the young guys and trying to get reps up to be ready for anything thrown my way. I’m just extremely happy to be back around the guys. When you’ve been away for so long, that long break of not being in the bubble (last season) and the long offseason and to get back here, I’m excited to be around the guys.”

After a solid preseason debut, Toppin, the former Dayton power forward who won college player of the year awards, had only modest success.

In his regular-season debut on Dec. 23 in Indiana, Toppin was a mixed bag and seemed to stray too much on the perimeter, launching seven 3-pointers. He was 3 of 12 from the field overall in 24 minutes, finishing with nine points.

Even his mother, Roni Toppin, told The Post on Christmas he’d like to see her son play inside more.

“In Dayton, he was more around the rim and now he’s more on the perimeter,” Roni said. “I feel like he’s a killer around the rim. He was national player of the year because of what he did around the rim. They’re pressing him to be a great all-around player so I trust them. They’re not setting him up to fail. They’re setting him up to be great.”

Obi's mother is exactly right. Obi lived at the rim in college. We needed shooting and we picked a guy who mostly scores around the rim. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Obi's mother is exactly right. Obi lived at the rim in college. We needed shooting and we picked a guy who mostly scores around the rim. Awesome.
    yea about 80% of his FGA in college were in the paint.

We're turning him into Blake Griffin... the washed up Blake, by having him take mostly 3's. he's simply not a good 3pt shooter right now, some of his attempts aren't even close.

It's a catch 22, we don't need the paint crowded anymore than it is, and long term Obi needs to develop a jumper, but I think he needs to play to his strengths for now at least and ease his way into bombing from 25+ feet out.

the other issue is, he's very much a finisher, and finisher need to be setup, except of course we don't have a PG. I mean if you run P&R with Obi & Payton the defenses will just let Payton take a wide open 3 all day.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast