Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cowboys 2021 Draft

Ok, so who would you guys like to see? This is much easier to figure out. Now that we know they will be sticking with a 4-3 base defense.

Me personally Iíd love to see them shore up the secondary. I love to see them draft

1. Partrick Surtain Jr. (or Caleb Farley)
    2. Trevon Moehrig (S-TCU)
    3. Asante Samuel Jr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surtain or Farley 1st.
    Wyatt Davis in the 2nd if he is still there, if not either a LB or DT. (long shot a QB if any are left)

https://twitter.com/cfbstars/status/...359830529?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Ok, so who would you guys like to see? This is much easier to figure out. Now that we know they will be sticking with a 4-3 base defense.

Me personally Iíd love to see them shore up the secondary. I love to see them draft

1. Partrick Surtain Jr. (or Caleb Farley)
    2. Trevon Moehrig (S-TCU)
    3. Asante Samuel Jr.

Take the best available defensive player regardless of "base scheme fit". The cowboys whiffed badly on 2017 with Taco over TJ Watt because of the scheme fit straw man. Beyond absurd. TJ would have fit fine rushing from all angles.

https://twitter.com/papaxc4/status/1...665900033?s=21

1. Caleb Farley
    2. Patrick Surtain Jr.
    3. Rashawn Slater

1 of the 3 in the 1st

Give me Surtain. Iíd love him and Diggs combo with Brown and Awuzie

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Give me Surtain. Iíd love him and Diggs combo with Brown and Awuzie
    Personally I prefer Surtain too. I did hear though that if the three top CB prospects (Surtain, Farley, and Horn) Surtain is expected to run the slowest 40. Most are expecting him to run on the 4.5 range. Farley ran a 4.2. From my understanding Quinn likes one CB to be a strong man to man guy (like Sherman). Diggs already fits that mold. His other starting CB he likes to be a burner, a guy with top end speed. So whoever has the faster 40 time will likely be the pick. So far that guy would be Farley.

Iím ok with Farley. Heís big like Surtain, is good in man to man, and has already ran a 4.2. Iím excited to see what Jaycee Horn runs now.

Personally I prefer Surtain too. I did hear though that if the three top CB prospects (Surtain, Farley, and Horn) Surtain is expected to run the slowest 40. Most are expecting him to run on the 4.5 range. Farley ran a 4.2. From my understanding Quinn likes one CB to be a strong man to man guy (like Sherman). Diggs already fits that mold. His other starting CB he likes to be a burner, a guy with top end speed. So whoever has the faster 40 time will likely be the pick. So far that guy would be Farley.

Iím ok with Farley. Heís big like Surtain, is good in man to man, and has already ran a 4.2. Iím excited to see what Jaycee Horn runs now.

Interesting. I guess I am just really impressed by how Surtain played in college. I am always really cautious of getting caught up in 40 times. There is also the added benefit of already having built in chemistry with Diggs and Surtain. I would be thrilled with Farley too, and a 4.2 40 is blazing speed (as fast a Henry Ruggs last year) but I think Surtain will be the better pro with a more well-rounded game.

For Quinn, in Seattle, I don't think he had a burner next to Sherman though. I think it was Brandon Browner (4.6 40) and Byron Maxwell (4.43 40) during their prime years. I am not sure what he had in Atlanta.

Interesting. I guess I am just really impressed by how Surtain played in college. I am always really cautious of getting caught up in 40 times. There is also the added benefit of already having built in chemistry with Diggs and Surtain. I would be thrilled with Farley too, and a 4.2 40 is blazing speed (as fast a Henry Ruggs last year) but I think Surtain will be the better pro with a more well-rounded game.

For Quinn, in Seattle, I don't think he had a burner next to Sherman though. I think it was Brandon Browner (4.6 40) and Byron Maxwell (4.43 40) during their prime years. I am not sure what he had in Atlanta.
    Yea thatís just what I heard the talking heads talking about when it comes to Quinnís preference. I agree though, Surtain has proven he has chemistry with Diggs, and has proven he can be elite on the biggest stage in college football. Surtain would still be my pick but I would not be upset with Farley or Horn either. Horn is the best playmaker out of the bunch from what I understand. Heís also the most likely to get beat too though because he likes to gamble.

Yea thatís just what I heard the talking heads talking about when it comes to Quinnís preference. I agree though, Surtain has proven he has chemistry with Diggs, and has proven he can be elite on the biggest stage in college football. Surtain would still be my pick but I would not be upset with Farley or Horn either. Horn is the best playmaker out of the bunch from what I understand. Heís also the most likely to get beat too though because he likes to gamble.

I honestly havenít looked up Horn. Iíll need to do that. Where did he play college?

I honestly havenít looked up Horn. Iíll need to do that. Where did he play college?
    South Carolina. Heís also Joe Hornís kid.

Do you think Surtain has the covers skills to be a near shutdown corner? Obviously, no one can be Deion Sanders....but there are the next tier that pretty much blanket receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Do you think Surtain has the covers skills to be a near shutdown corner? Obviously, no one can be Deion Sanders....but there are the next tier that pretty much blanket receivers.
    Skill yes but not sure about speed. A true shut down corner should be in the 4.2 to low 4-3 range. If Surtain runs in the 4.4-4.5 range he definitely wonít be a true shut down CB.

Not sure this would work. But Smith, Gallup, & a 3rd to the Bengals for #5 (this gives them a starting LT and a WR they need). Turn around and trade #5 to the highest bidder as there will still be QB's left on the board or draft Sewell at 5 and a CB at 10.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast