Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    There's always a player that everyone regrets not taking. I wonder which ones will be that in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    When Marinelli was running the show, LVE and Jaylon seem to thrive in that sort of style. Maybe, they'll have a fresh start this season....and Micah Parsons will also inject a certain ferocity.
    Jaylon and LVE better thrive and better be healthy this year. Theyíve been put on notice that itís time to step up or move on. Iím still not convinced that Jaylon will make it past June 1st. Right now Parsons and Cox look like the future at LB for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Jaylon and LVE better thrive and better be healthy this year. Theyíve been put on notice that itís time to step up or move on. Iím still not convinced that Jaylon will make it past June 1st. Right now Parsons and Cox look like the future at LB for this team.

Parsons will probably be the best LB by the 3rd game, if not earlier. Do you think Surtain will end up being a probowl corner?

Parsons will probably be the best LB by the 3rd game, if not earlier. Do you think Surtain will end up being a probowl corner?
    Yea I think Surtain and Horn will end up making the pro bowl within their first 3 seasons. I think Parsons will be what Jaylon was supposed to be before the injury. If Jaylon isnít playing well and if LVE gets hurt again I expect we will see a lot of Neal, Parsons, and Cox on the field together.

Yea I think Surtain and Horn will end up making the pro bowl within their first 3 seasons. I think Parsons will be what Jaylon was supposed to be before the injury. If Jaylon isnít playing well and if LVE gets hurt again I expect we will see a lot of Neal, Parsons, and Cox on the field together.

Too bad, I was hoping we'd get a probowl corner, after getting torched so much last season. What do you think of the Trey Lance, Justin Fields, Zack Wilson...are they going to be probowlers or busts? Maybe Sam Darnold was just in a bad situation and would be better in a new environment.

Falcons have quite a receiving core: Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley and Kyle Pitts. If their QB can play above average, they should be hard to stop.

Too bad, I was hoping we'd get a probowl corner, after getting torched so much last season. What do you think of the Trey Lance, Justin Fields, Zack Wilson...are they going to be probowlers or busts? Maybe Sam Darnold was just in a bad situation and would be better in a new environment.

Falcons have quite a receiving core: Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley and Kyle Pitts. If their QB can play above average, they should be hard to stop.
    The Falcons are trying to trade Julio Jones.

As for the QBísÖ where you go is really more important than when you go. I think if Fields had gone to San Fran instead of Chicago he would be successful. Unfortunately for him, he did go to Chicago. I donít expect him to be any more successful than Trubiski was there.

I think Lance has a chance to be great. He landed on a very talented team with an excellent QB coach with a fun offense.

I also think we will see the Jets make a significant improvement like we did with the Browns. They have a good offensive minded HC. They drafted some protection for Zach Wilson, and drafted a couple of offensive weapons. They are the Jets though so you never know.

Mac Jones is intriguing. He will have every reason in the work to be successful. If he fails it will be because he just isnít good. I personally think he is going to be really good.

Trevor Lawrence is supposed to be great. Heís supposed to be the next Payton Manning. Heís supposed to be John Elway. Because of that I think heís going to fail. And I donít really mean fail because I think he will have a good career but not a great career. Thatís a lot to live up to for anyone. Andrew Luck was supposed to be that guy but never reach his perceived peak.

The Falcons are trying to trade Julio Jones.

As for the QBísÖ where you go is really more important than when you go. I think if Fields had gone to San Fran instead of Chicago he would be successful. Unfortunately for him, he did go to Chicago. I donít expect him to be any more successful than Trubiski was there.

I think Lance has a chance to be great. He landed on a very talented team with an excellent QB coach with a fun offense.

I also think we will see the Jets make a significant improvement like we did with the Browns. They have a good offensive minded HC. They drafted some protection for Zach Wilson, and drafted a couple of offensive weapons. They are the Jets though so you never know.

Mac Jones is intriguing. He will have every reason in the work to be successful. If he fails it will be because he just isnít good. I personally think he is going to be really good.

Trevor Lawrence is supposed to be great. Heís supposed to be the next Payton Manning. Heís supposed to be John Elway. Because of that I think heís going to fail. And I donít really mean fail because I think he will have a good career but not a great career. Thatís a lot to live up to for anyone. Andrew Luck was supposed to be that guy but never reach his perceived peak.

I am kind of curious of how a Julio Jones, Ridley, Pitts attack would look like. Too bad, it's not Pat Mahomes throwing them the ball.

Do you think Darnold just got a raw deal with his situation? Or is Darnold just a flawed player?

I am kind of curious of how a Julio Jones, Ridley, Pitts attack would look like. Too bad, it's not Pat Mahomes throwing them the ball.

Do you think Darnold just got a raw deal with his situation? Or is Darnold just a flawed player?
    Itís hard for me to believe that a player can be ruined after just one year. Darnold does have flaws but so does pretty much every QB thatís drafted. Even Payton Manning threw a ton of picks his first season. What Darnold needs is good QB coaching. Not sure if heís going to get that in Carolina though. It will be interesting to see how his career progresses.

Itís hard for me to believe that a player can be ruined after just one year. Darnold does have flaws but so does pretty much every QB thatís drafted. Even Payton Manning threw a ton of picks his first season. What Darnold needs is good QB coaching. Not sure if heís going to get that in Carolina though. It will be interesting to see how his career progresses.

He did show some promise for a stretch a few years ago, but he had a bad coaching staff, no protection and a messed Jets front office.

I wonder how all these moves change the balance of power in the NFC East. Eagles have their receiver, Cowboys strengthen their middle, Washington is getting stronger, Giants...not sure.

Giants had a really strong free agency. Their draft was meh, but they did well in the Bears trade by netting another first next year that will likely be mid round or higher. I'd say the NFCE rankings after the draft are a pretty clear and relatively close top three (DAL, WFT, NYG) and then the Eagles. With Dak returning, I'd say it goes 1. Dallas 2. WFT 3. NYG 4. PHI

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Giants had a really strong free agency. Their draft was meh, but they did well in the Bears trade by netting another first next year that will likely be mid round or higher. I'd say the NFCE rankings after the draft are a pretty clear and relatively close top three (DAL, WFT, NYG) and then the Eagles. With Dak returning, I'd say it goes 1. Dallas 2. WFT 3. NYG 4. PHI
    I honestly would not be shocked if the Eagles had a really good year. Their problems last year were all the injuries and the demise of Carson Wentz. I wouldnít expect them to have all the injuries again this season. And with Wentz gone, Hurts will be able to go through all of camp as the starting QB. Their offense has potential to be explosive. Hurts is not perfect, he has some accuracy issues but he does make plays. Heís very capable of getting out of the pocket and making big plays. And he has the weapons. Like the Cowboys itís going to come down to how their defense plays.

I honestly would not be shocked if the Eagles had a really good year. Their problems last year were all the injuries and the demise of Carson Wentz. I wouldnít expect them to have all the injuries again this season. And with Wentz gone, Hurts will be able to go through all of camp as the starting QB. Their offense has potential to be explosive. Hurts is not perfect, he has some accuracy issues but he does make plays. Heís very capable of getting out of the pocket and making big plays. And he has the weapons. Like the Cowboys itís going to come down to how their defense plays.

Who would you have preferred...Surtain or Micah Parsons?

They also had to cut a number of guys this year due to their cap situation though. I donít see how their defense has improved due to that, especially in the secondary. On offense, I think Hurts could be good but he is relying on unproven weapons. Goedert has looked good in spurts but never been consistent. Smith could be really good but is a rookie so probably wonít be a big difference maker in year one. Reagor has a lot to prove. They have a deep and talented running back group but they have questions in the offensive line as well.

Itís the NFL and the Eagles have a last place schedule, so I definitely wouldnít be completely surprised if they somehow put together a strong season. But of the three teams they have the most questions and so would be the most surprising.

Who would you have preferred...Surtain or Micah Parsons?
    I would have preferred Surtain (or Horn) over Parsons. Parsons is still a great pick though considering he was the best defensive player in the draft. Getting Joseph in the 2nd makes up for losing out on Surtain and Horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    They also had to cut a number of guys this year due to their cap situation though. I donít see how their defense has improved due to that, especially in the secondary. On offense, I think Hurts could be good but he is relying on unproven weapons. Goedert has looked good in spurts but never been consistent. Smith could be really good but is a rookie so probably wonít be a big difference maker in year one. Reagor has a lot to prove. They have a deep and talented running back group but they have questions in the offensive line as well.

Itís the NFL and the Eagles have a last place schedule, so I definitely wouldnít be completely surprised if they somehow put together a strong season. But of the three teams they have the most questions and so would be the most surprising.
    True, the Eagles do have more questions however the WFT and Giants still have the bigger question in my opinion (QB). I like Hurts more than I like Daniel Jones or Fitzpatrick.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast