Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I was in the car listening to that 4th and 26 play. Never forget thinking “What the absolute ****? Hahahahahaha”
    things i didnt need to read for 600 alex?????? lol ty

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Lebron just isn't the scorer that MJ was, dude had a stranglehold on the scoring title. I don't have the metrics but I believe MJ is the better defender too.

Lebron isn't too inferior to MJ on any aspect of the game and has maintained that level for maybe twice as long. The longevity is the talking point for me.
    He isn't the scorer but still is an amazing scorer. Arguably a better shooter, and I disagree about defense. Lebron can lock down 1-5 and is underrated as a defender.

Those things are all debatable- but passing /playmaking is not. Lebron is second to maybe only magic in that department. Thats even hard for me to concede.Arguably the highest bball iq ever.

On top of that, he has the greatest longevity perhaps in sports history . The level of greatness that he has stayed at is insane.

10-7

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He isn't the scorer but still is an amazing scorer. Arguably a better shooter, and I disagree about defense. Lebron can lock down 1-5 and is underrated as a defender.

Those things are all debatable- but passing /playmaking is not. Lebron is second to maybe only magic in that department. Thats even hard for me to concede.Arguably the highest bball iq ever.

On top of that, he has the greatest longevity perhaps in sports history . The level of greatness that he has stayed at is insane.

10-7

it is easier to score now no doubt but it was easier to defend then so the whole lebron cant score like MJ and cant defend like MJ is false... lebron is scoring but MJ is a better scorer in an era where scoring was tougher but defense was far easier....

Scoring MJ-------------------->Lebron...

Defensive lebron---------->mj

Passing Lebron--------->MJ

Running the offense lebron----->MJ

Most relied upon help considering what MJ couldnt do without pippen and what lebron did forever with this **** cavs teams...... lebron------------->mj

Imagine lebron with the super team that was the bulls who had floor spacers before anyone really cared about floor space and a pippen who was a superstar 2 way player and a rodman who was a defensive god........ lebron wouldnt have taken off for a few years he would have double digit titles.

So now we give lebron floor spacers in an era where floor spacers really arent used with his insane passing and a pippen who lets compare to a kyrie who is just better period... and then we factor in how the finals teams lebron has lost to is mostly better than all the teams jordan have faced............ wtf are we talking about people?

lebron is the 90s with floor spacers and a dude who is better than kyrie and a defensive guy like rodman with less finals talent to go against? lmfao
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-15-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    it is easier to score now no doubt but it was easier to defend then so the whole lebron cant score like MJ and cant defend like MJ is false... lebron is scoring but MJ is a better scorer in an era where scoring was tougher but defense was far easier....

Scoring MJ-------------------->Lebron...

Defensive lebron---------->mj

Passing Lebron--------->MJ

Running the offense lebron----->MJ

Most relied upon help considering what MJ couldnt do without pippen and what lebron did forever with this **** cavs teams...... lebron------------->mj

Imagine lebron with the super team that was the bulls who had floor spacers before anyone really cared about floor space and a pippen who was a superstar 2 way player and a rodman who was a defensive god........ lebron wouldnt have taken off for a few years he would have double digit titles.

So now we give lebron floor spacers in an era where floor spacers really arent used with his insane passing and a pippen who lets compare to a kyrie who is just better period... and then we factor in how the finals teams lebron has lost to is mostly better than all the teams jordan have faced............ wtf are we talking about people?

lebron is the 90s with floor spacers and a dude who is better than kyrie and a defensive guy like rodman with less finals talent to go against? lmfao
    The idea that scoring was tougher then is waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy overblown.

There was a large section of the league with 0 athleticism, and hand checking /physicality was utilized a lot less across the board than people want to believe.

Defenses are harder to attack schematically now due to rule changes on top of that.

Click here to register!

NBA Game Thread 1/12- 1/17

The idea that scoring was tougher then is waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy overblown.

There was a large section of the league with 0 athleticism, and hand checking /physicality was utilized a lot less across the board than people want to believe.

Defenses are harder to attack schematically now due to rule changes on top of that.

In 1994 the Knicks and Rockets both averaged under 90 in the NBA finals. Did a team win a basketball last season while scoring less then 90 points? I doubt it.
    Yes scoring was harder.

0 athleticism is also a joke of a statement.

High level homerism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-15-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    In 1994 the Knicks and Rockets both averaged under 90 in the NBA finals. Did a team win a basketball last season while scoring less then 90 points? I doubt it.
    Yes scoring was harder.

0 athleticism is also a joke of a statement.

High level homerism

It isn't homerism. It was a different Era, refs were different. There were a lot of players that had 0 athleticism in the 90s and 80s.

It wasn't a golden era, it was just a different style.

Players now are bigger, faster, stronger, and more athletic. That's just how it is.

If any Era was a golden Era, we're watching it right now.

That's a bad take, but if you continue to insist that it was harder, you're wrong and I'll continue to take the other side.

Click here to register!

CJ McCollum is finally playing at an all-star level. He's had a better year than Dame thus far.

NBA Game Thread 1/12- 1/17

It isn't homerism. It was a different Era, refs were different. There were a lot of players that had 0 athleticism in the 90s and 80s.

It wasn't a golden era, it was just a different style.

Players now are bigger, faster, stronger, and more athletic. That's just how it is.

If any Era was a golden Era, we're watching it right now.

That's a bad take, but if you continue to insist that it was harder, you're wrong and I'll continue to take the other side.

I’m not saying either era was better or golden. I am saying it was harder to score in one and guys in both were athletic.

Let’s look at the same finals were neither team averaged over 90. Out of these guys which ones aren’t athletes

Kenny Smith, Mad Max, Robert Horry, Othis Thorpe, Dream, Derrick Harper, John Starks, Charles Smith, Charles Oakley, Pat Ewing.

They are all great athletes. They are NBA basketball players. They also scored a lot less bc it was harder to scorer in that era. The game was called differently, different skills were valued etc.

Your post is a false narrative meant to prop up LeBron. He doesn’t need it.

Last edited by ewing; 01-15-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I’m not saying either era was better or golden. I am saying it was harder to score in one and guys in both were athletic.

Let’s look at the same finals were neither team averaged over 90. Out of these guys which ones aren’t athletes

Kenny Smith, Mad Max, Robert Horry, Othis Thorpe, Dream, Derrick Harper, John Starks, Charles Smith, Charles Oakley, Pat Ewing.

They are all great athletes. They are NBA basketball players. They also scored a lot less bc it was harder to scorer in that era. The game was called differently, different skills were valued etc.

Your post is a false narrative meant to prop up LeBron. He doesn’t need it.

It isn't just about those teams. The NBA was light on talent due to very quick expansion

1968–1970141970–1974171974–1976181976–1980221980–1 988231988–1989251989–199527

That's a quick expansion and it takes a toll on parity

Click here to register!

Think this is the worst outbreak yet.

It's so bad and demoralizing when Doncic goes 0-5 from 3 and 3-7 from the FT line.

This game has showcased some of the worst FT shooting you'll ever see.

Giannis in particular, is 1-10 and they've been terrible misses. Luckily for him, the Bucks have been able to get a lot of offensive rebounds.

That was a good game.

Mavs are going to be a really good team this year when they get everyone back (if that ever happens).

I am a fan of SGA.

Immanuel Quickley 23 point 5 assists on good shooting and 0 TOs tonight. Coming off a 19 point 1 TO game. Kid isn’t a traditional point guard but I think he will be the Knicks starting PG real soon and for long time

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast