Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

NBA Game Thread 1/12- 1/17

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Bro LeBron has been at a higher level for longer, compared to anyone.
    he is not at a higher level he is at a high level for longer.

Jordan had a better peak and was better on average. Bron has longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-14-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I always wondered that. What if some dude played to 60 at a subpar level but was the only 60 year old in NBA history until the Earth flooded again. Would he be the best?
    NBA all the way!

You think MJ has a higher peak. That's debatable. Bron is the best/2nd best passer/playmaker of all time. He is unstoppable offensively . Statistically a better shooter. Plenty clutch. Versatile defender and was robbed of a DPOY.

How many times was he 2nd in MVP voting ? He's been top 2 or 3 basically for the past 15 years.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/10/...ote...-lebron-james/

According to this fun metric, he is tied with Kareem for number 1 all time

You can think MJ is the GOAT. Thats fine.

But it isn't set in stone

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    he is not at a higher level he is at a high level for longer.

Even at their peak MJ and maybe only a select few were at a higher level than LeBron BUT no one has maintained LeBrons level for as long as he has. [emoji1745]

Even at their peak MJ and maybe only a select few were at a higher level than LeBron BUT no one has maintained LeBrons level for as long as he has. [emoji1745]
    I agree. Jordan still played a full career, was better at peak, and on average. If thatís true the only case LeBron has for being GOAT is longevity. I donít think you can be GOAT bc you were a compiler

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    You think MJ has a higher peak. That's debatable. Bron is the best/2nd best passer/playmaker of all time. He is unstoppable offensively . Statistically a better shooter. Plenty clutch. Versatile defender and was robbed of a DPOY.

How many times was he 2nd in MVP voting ? He's been top 2 or 3 basically for the past 15 years.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/10/...ote...-lebron-james/

According to this fun metric, he is tied with Kareem for number 1 all time

You can think MJ is the GOAT. Thats fine.

But it isn't set in stone

heís been great for a long time.

I agree. Jordan still played a full career, was better at peak, and on average. If thatís true the only case LeBron has for being GOAT is longevity. I donít think you can be GOAT bc you were a compiler

MJ has like 10 years at an unreal level, if LeBron has 20 years at a level just below that, I think longevity easily could be the difference.

MJ has like 10 years at an unreal level, if LeBron has 20 years at a level just below that, I think longevity easily could be the difference.
    Not if he wasnít better at peak or on average. At least not in my opinion.

It's still a silly thought to have. Lebron has played almost 20 years at an unreal level. MJ played 10ish years at an unreal level.

If MJ's peak was higher, it's was at a nearly identical level still . I don't agree that his peak was higher.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's still a silly thought to have. Lebron has played almost 20 years at an unreal level. MJ played 10ish years at an unreal level.

If MJ's peak was higher, it's was at a nearly identical level still . I don't agree that his peak was higher.

Lebron just isn't the scorer that MJ was, dude had a stranglehold on the scoring title. I don't have the metrics but I believe MJ is the better defender too.

Lebron isn't too inferior to MJ on any aspect of the game and has maintained that level for maybe twice as long. The longevity is the talking point for me.

Lebron just isn't the scorer that MJ was, dude had a stranglehold on the scoring title. I don't have the metrics but I believe MJ is the better defender too.

Lebron isn't too inferior to MJ on any aspect of the game and has maintained that level for maybe twice as long. The longevity is the talking point for me.
    it depends... its a 2 way street... i feel like jordan is the better scorer but lebron is the better defender... Imagine jordan in todays league with his offense and put lebron in the 80s and 90s with what players were allowed to do and how big lebron is.... lebron is a beast of a defender in his prime... if you put him in the 80s or 90s with those rules he is the best defender in basketball by quite a bit

I have 0 issues with anyone who says jordan is the goat... to me its bron... iw ont argue against jordan because i dont think that is the wrong answer with how close they are.

1 and 2 mix and match then a gap between 2 and 3 i guess Kareem and then id have a gap.... mix and match guys like shaq/the dream/duncan/wilt/magic and then another slight gap.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-15-2021 at 02:39 AM.

Not if he wasnít better at peak or on average. At least not in my opinion.

i am curious... how does it feel knowing you spent the majority of your basketball life having such hate for the goat? or at worst the 2nd best player ever? that has to suck right? kinda dilutes your opinion on the entire subject right?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i am curious... how does it feel knowing you spent the majority of your basketball life having such hate for the goat? or at worst the 2nd best player ever? that has to suck right? kinda dilutes your opinion on the entire subject right?
    Iím not a fan Iíve said forever that he was a great player. I think during his second trip to Cleveland he clearly became the 2nd greatest player ever. I donít know why it triggers some of his fans so much when someone roots against him. Thatís part of bring a sports fan.

As a Eagles fan were you a big Tony Romo guy?

Last edited by ewing; 01-15-2021 at 04:46 AM.

Iím not a fan Iíve said forever that he was a great player. I think during his second trip to Cleveland he clearly became the 2nd greatest player ever. I donít know why it triggers some of his fans so much when someone roots against him. Thatís part of bring a sports fan.

As a Eagles fan were you a big Tony Romo guy?

Packers fan... real dad a packers fan but he was in jail for selling drugs... step dad was a packer fan... I was young and saw favre and fell in love lol... hockey/baseketball were my first sports i believe followed by baseball and football... now its football/basketball/baseball/hockey.

I love mathew stafford and want him to go elsewhere and win because he deserves it... I also was a cutler fan... loved that he failed against us but hated how he was treated... Romo is one of my favorite QBs ever... Way better than guys who won titles in Eli etc

fun note... dad picked on me for 4th and 26 for years... he hated i liked the packers with a passion

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Packers fan... real dad a packers fan but he was in jail for selling drugs... step dad was a packer fan... I was young and saw favre and fell in love lol... hockey/baseketball were my first sports i believe followed by baseball and football... now its football/basketball/baseball/hockey.

I love mathew stafford and want him to go elsewhere and win because he deserves it... I also was a cutler fan... loved that he failed against us but hated how he was treated... Romo is one of my favorite QBs ever... Way better than guys who won titles in Eli etc

fun note... dad picked on me for 4th and 26 for years... he hated i liked the packers with a passion
    I was in the car listening to that 4th and 26 play. Never forget thinking ďWhat the absolute ****? HahahahahahaĒ

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast