Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    Wouldn't he spend the majority, if not all his time studying film and players for opposing offenses?
    Yes, obviously in his role of DC. But if he's applying for a job as the DC of another team, one would expect some knowledge of what that team was running and why it did or didn't work relative to its personnel and certainly with an eye to what you bring to the table to improve it.

A simple example:

Say you manage a restaurant. You've never heard of McDonald's or anything on its menu. But one day you see that McDonald's is hiring for the same position that you currently have, only you get more freedom to tweak the menu. Given that, do you really want to be the one guy that shows up for an interview proposing a "new" hamburger made up of two beef patties, special sauce, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese on a sesame seed bun -- all because you didn't bother to familiarize yourself enough with the existing menu to know that McDonald's already has a Big Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Well on the bright side I donít need to buy the nfl package next year.

This wonít be worth watching.
    an free alternative was a Roku and apps downloaded on the phone.

For anyone saying we should use our draft picks for defense only let me help you realize that we wasted 3 1st rounder on defense in the last 2 years. Iím done with the experiments, give me some proven guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Yes, obviously in his role of DC. But if he's applying for a job as the DC of another team, one would expect some knowledge of what that team was running and why it did or didn't work relative to its personnel and certainly with an eye to what you bring to the table to improve it.

A simple example:

Say you manage a restaurant. You've never heard of McDonald's or anything on its menu. But one day you see that McDonald's is hiring for the same position that you currently have, only you get more freedom to tweak the menu. Given that, do you really want to be the one guy that shows up for an interview proposing a "new" hamburger made up of two beef patties, special sauce, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese on a sesame seed bun -- all because you didn't bother to familiarize yourself enough with the existing menu to know that McDonald's already has a Big Mac?
    One major issue in your train of thought. He did not apply for a job. He was sought after. A more accurate depiction would be you are the manager of a fast food chain. And one day an executive headhunter contacts you and offers you a job being a manager of McDonald's. Now you know nothing about McDonald's or thier historic menus. But your Boss has just been fired and your contract is up, there is no guarantee the new boss will keep you on. So you interview for the job not knowing the historic menu because you never had a reason to care and knowing the historic menu won't make a difference in the new menu you will be bringing in. All you need to do is take inventory and see if the ingredients you need are there. If so great, if not you order what you need.

You know there is one thing that bothers me about this hiring. Bradley runs a similar scheme to that of Ken Norton Jr. And we all know how that turned out when he was our defensive coordinator. I mean didn't we have a couple of good passrushers back then in Mack and Irvin?

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    You know there is one thing that bothers me about this hiring. Bradley runs a similar scheme to that of Ken Norton Jr. And we all know how that turned out when he was our defensive coordinator. I mean didn't we have a couple of good passrushers back then in Mack and Irvin?
    Was that back when we made the playoffs that one year?

Give us that defense and we make it again.

Give us better and we compete for more

Yea but look at the rest of the players on that defense. We didnít have anything else.

If Yannik and Cosby are Mack and Irvin... we have Cle and Kwi who are better than the rest of players on that old defense. Then young secondary in Abrams, Mullens and Arrnet who have looked better than the young guys from those defenses (Ward and KJ). Plus weíre banking on Littleton returning to form.

Honestly weíre banking on the development of a young secondary but the talent on this defense is better on paper. Bradley coming in as DC now is also better on paper than Norton Jr. granted this is all talk and it needs to happen on the field.

Biggest needs are still pressure from DT and FS. Maybe LB too. Bradley wasnít my first choice but it does look like weíre at least prioritizing defense for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Was that back when we made the playoffs that one year?

Give us that defense and we make it again.

Give us better and we compete for more
    Our defense wasn't great back then either. It was Carr and Musgrave that carried us to the playoffs.

Our defense wasn't great back then either. It was Carr and Musgrave that carried us to the playoffs.
    It wasn't great, but giving up 24 or so ppg is a big big difference from giving up almost 30.

They seemed of get that stop or opportunistic turnover when needed. Not that great on paper though and we won a alot of track meets that year.

1) Isnít Bradley more experienced than Ken Norton jr was? I think we were kens first shot at DC and Gus has been DC a couple times already- and a HC.

2) I read somewhere that Gusí coaching has evolved. He has added his own dimension. And even so, if you have two DC run the same system, it does not guarantee the same results. Sometimes thereís too much sauce on my Big Mac, sometimes thereís not enough.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567