Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Get the ball to AR and let him get team out to a lead and the defense is fine. Need those fast starts though. Really dictates things.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    Donald reports say had rib cartilage tears. Gotta give him credit for even playing. Beast right there. Says a lot that they cares enough for his long term well being to keep him out as much as he was.
    Yeah had to be frustrating for him such a talent. But forsure a gutsy performance by him. The trust they have in the guy too, I think I either heard or read, he was basically checking in and out when he wanted. Even limited he still made a few flashes. Certainly a guy at the center of the Rams future.

There was one drive where Goff got a couple chunk plays, but a lot of his completions were in the shorter stuff underneath the zone. 6.4 yds per attempt he wasnít exactly slinging it back there.

I thought the defense was pretty good. Akers was better in the second half but didnít kill us. Overall 244 yards given up and 18 points with timely sacks. Iíll take that the next two games as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sums up my feelings on the defense pretty well.

https://twitter.com/Peter_Bukowski/s...654741506?s=20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thing about last night I forgot to mention is that Rashan Gary played another solid game. Iím beginning to come to the realization that Iím gonna have to eat crow in this one. Just has to stay healthy and he could possibly live up to his draft selection.

Agree on Gary. I wasn't a fan of the pick, but he's been really good. I don't know that he'll ever be all pro caliber, but he's absolutely a starting caliber player and looks to be an above average starter. I do find a but of personal win in the fact that I was a huge proponent of drafting Brian burns and he's looked pretty good thus far. Usually when I differ from the Packers the guy I prefer is a bust.

As for the defense as a whole, it's been successful. We haven't player very good offenses down the stretch but they've gotten the job done. I get frustrated by how they play at times too, but if we give up 18, we're going to win most of the time.

Gary's game is the definition of a clutch performance 1.5 sacks, 3 hits, and 7 pressures. Kenny Clark was clutch too 2 sacks, 6 hits, and 3 TFL. Both were big performers.

Looks like Brady and the Bucs are coming to Lambeau. Not what I wanted ideally with the weapons they have, but the Saints didnít help themselves with the turnovers. Bucs looked kinda pedestrian otherwise. Also Bucs are a bit banged up so thatís a plus too. Gonna be a good game and another heart attack for me 🤦*♂️

And to add to that, if rumors are true I hope they are. Time for Brees to retire. Hell of a career. First ballot HOFíer no doubt, but heís done.

Its such an unfitting way to see Brees end his career. But the Saints just played like crap more than anything. Not only turning the ball over.

I think they may have a little extra motivation vs. Tampa. The big thing is not turning the ball over and play our style of play. Should be an interesting game that Aaron will have a lot of motivation to win to beat both Brady and get revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Its such an unfitting way to see Brees end his career. But the Saints just played like crap more than anything. Not only turning the ball over.

I think they may have a little extra motivation vs. Tampa. The big thing is not turning the ball over and play our style of play. Should be an interesting game that Aaron will have a lot of motivation to win to beat both Brady and get revenge.
    Their LBs are monsters. Secondary doesnít scare me at all but we need another great game from our O-Line. We did have a great start against them there so weíll see. They play like they did yesterday, it should be enough. Establish the run to set up the play action will obviously be huge. Jaire on Evans I assume? Man they got a lot of weapons against a DC thatís clueless so thatís what concerns me.

Gary has been very good last year in limited snaps and this year he is really taking advantage of increased chances. I don't think we are going to be missing Preston Smith with Gary playing outside full-time next year.

The Gary pick was boom or bust really. He is booming. I preferred Sweat and Simmons who have been really good too. That draft had a lot of nice defensive players. But glad Gary is balling. No doubt about his talent.

I worry about the Tampa game but it's the NFCC game. Should be a good team. I wanted the Saints as Brees looked washed. The Saints really handed that game to the Bucs. 4 turnovers...Brady didn't need one long drive. Set up in scoring territory 3 times.

If Rodgers gets the same turnovers and field position the Bucs got the Pack will score 50pts

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234