Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    9,148

    Playoffs: Los Angeles Rams at Green Bay Packers


    Divisional Round

    VS


    Location: Lambeau Field, Green Bay
    Saturday January 16th at 4:35 PM EST/ 3:35 PM CST
    TV: FOX


    Players To Watch


    Quarterback

    ~VS~


    Jared Goff, QB #16
    Aaron Rodgers, QB #12

    Running Back

    ~VS~


    Cam Akers, RB #23
    Aaron Jones, RB #33

    Wide Receiver

    ~VS~


    Cooper Kupp, WR #10
    Davante Adams, WR #17


    Tight End

    ~VS~


    Tyler Higbee, TE #89
    Robert Tonyan, TE #85

    Defensive Line

    ~VS~


    Aaron Donald, DT #99
    Kenny Clark, DE #97


    Linebacker

    ~VS~


    Leonard Floyd, OLB #54
    Za'Darius Smith, OLB #55


    Defensive Back

    ~VS~


    John Johnson III, S #43
    Adrian Amos, S #31

    Kicker

    ~VS~


    Matt Gay, K #1
    Mason Crosby, K #2

    Click For More Stats

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    7,854
    I think the keys to this game are fairly obvious. If Green Bay's offense can come out strong and the defense gets them extra possessions off a potentially hobbled Goff. I'm hearing multiple reports saying Wofford is actually in play to start potentially. The injuries to key players for the Rams could be a huge difference. No question Donald is going to be suiting up, but I think Shannon Sharpe hit on it perfectly. It's not so much whether he will play it's will how close to 100% he will be. With his rib injury plus the cold, it's those little moves which make him elite may not be possible. Aaron Donald injured or not likely still going to be a threat, but football a game of inches little thing like this can make a difference.

    I think it will be a final score fairly close. This game will be who can play their style of football.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,575
    Hopefully we can utilize the quick passing game. Elite DL are fairly easy to neutralize if you can get the ball out quick.

    Adams vs Ramsey is a fascinating matchup for sure, but the thing the Packers do well is move him around. Ramsey has done a phenomenal job vs guys like Hopkins and Metcalf, but those guys don't move a ton. Arizona loves keeping their wr's in the same spots on the same sides of the field (that's a trademark of the style offense Kingsbury runs) and metcalf is mostly a vertical outside wr. Adams is great everywhere and we're not afraid to hide him in a bunch. Adams will see a ton of Ramsey, but we'll definitely make it hard to matchup with him. I also think lafluer will be able to exploit that a bit too.

    The more you can shift ramsey off his normal outside spot, the more you can get the defense in a bad spot. Now your slot guy is outside or you can split Jones out at take advantage of those matchups. One adjustment teams made against us last year was to cover Jones with a DB when he motioned out. But that more or less forces you into zone or forces a LB in Tonyan.

    That's where gameplan can be vital. We've had since Saturday to put together a plan. We've played the Bears twice so we didn't really need to worry about gameplanning them a ton. I'd imagine we went right to work on Saturday when that game wrapped up. I think forcing their hand will be key. Either shadow Adams with ramsey and force other guys into uncomfortable positions or keep ramsey outside and force your slot guy to see a large dose of adams.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    7,854
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Hopefully we can utilize the quick passing game. Elite DL are fairly easy to neutralize if you can get the ball out quick.

    The more you can shift ramsey off his normal outside spot, the more you can get the defense in a bad spot. Now your slot guy is outside or you can split Jones out at take advantage of those matchups. One adjustment teams made against us last year was to cover Jones with a DB when he motioned out. But that more or less forces you into zone or forces a LB in Tonyan.

    That's where gameplan can be vital. We've had since Saturday to put together a plan. We've played the Bears twice so we didn't really need to worry about game-planning them a ton. I'd imagine we went right to work on Saturday when that game wrapped up. I think forcing their hand will be key. Either shadow Adams with ramsey and force other guys into uncomfortable positions or keep ramsey outside and force your slot guy to see a large dose of adams.
    I think Allen Lazard will be a big part of the key for this as well. If you need to nickel and dime the ball down the field Lazard is huge in this role. St. Brown has shown some growing situational aptitude in this as well, he's competent enough if they overlook his presence could be a spot to exploit. Both Jones and Jamaal will be interesting players with their ability to be stout receivers. I'm also curious about the potential AJ Dillon factor. He sits as such a wild card.

    On the shifts to there have been moments, not sure the Rams do this, but that movement has put an LB on MVS. Many times there have been mismatches with MVS. If MVS can hold on to the deep ball he could be a major part of this team moving on. Tonyan could be a nice match up. I think we will see a good deal of the ball being spread around and strategically getting the ball to Davante. As you mention, this team has quite a few ways they can move the ball around if Ramsey is containing Adams.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    9,148
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I think the keys to this game are fairly obvious. If Green Bay's offense can come out strong and the defense gets them extra possessions off a potentially hobbled Goff. I'm hearing multiple reports saying Wofford is actually in play to start potentially. The injuries to key players for the Rams could be a huge difference. No question Donald is going to be suiting up, but I think Shannon Sharpe hit on it perfectly. It's not so much whether he will play it's will how close to 100% he will be. With his rib injury plus the cold, it's those little moves which make him elite may not be possible. Aaron Donald injured or not likely still going to be a threat, but football a game of inches little thing like this can make a difference.

    I think it will be a final score fairly close. This game will be who can play their style of football.
    I saw this mentioned on twitter but, I hope they utilize Dillon more for some up the guy runs. too many hits by that bowling ball and Donald is gonna have a hard time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    7,854
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I saw this mentioned on twitter but, I hope they utilize Dillon more for some up the guy runs. too many hits by that bowling ball and Donald is gonna have a hard time.
    I wonder if early they will run the ball right at Donald to get an early look at him. You know the OLmen will be poking at and putting their shoulder in his rib. I would love to see the team use all three backs they all bring a little different flavor to the table, but will give a small allusion of where the ball may go, even Dillon has the ability to catch the ball.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Posts
    873
    What to expect or how much we see Damon Harrison on Saturday?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    9,148
    Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    What to expect or how much we see Damon Harrison on Saturday?
    I think we will see a little more of him since the Rams do have a solid run attack.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    3,004
    If healthy I actually think the LAR are maybe the toughest matchup for our offense. But a lot has to do with health of Darnold. I just worry the trash special teams of GB could rear ugly head. But my big question is the Packers defense...I think they can stymie LA if they can limit the run and make Goff beat them.....not sure he's capable at this point mentally or with thumb.

    I think AR is so locked in and motivated GB should still win...but I am stressing with this game. If Brees has to come to GB I like Packs chances...just have to win this game...I think it is hardest matchup unless TB upsets NO. Overall TB tougher but the defense of LAR going to be tough. I hope GB can run the rock down their throat.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Posts
    6,918
    Goff has struggled in the cold. And this is with a healthy thumb. I'm imagining the Pack keep the Rams under 16 points and win by more than 1 score.

    Since entering the league, Goff has played two games in weather under 30 degrees. In those two games, he has a combined 34.5 passer rating, 47.2% completion rate, zero touchdowns, five interceptions and an average of 190.5 passing yards.

  11. #11
    Hopefully this time Packers will go further in the playoffs, not like they mostly do - starts well, but later things don't work out as supposed to. Goff should toughen up, Damon plays more and there is a chance. Not a huge fan of Dillon, but I hope he surprises all of us positively!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenScarboroug View Post
    Hopefully this time Packers will go further in the playoffs, not like they mostly do - starts well, but later things don't work out as supposed to. Goff should toughen up, Damon plays more and there is a chance. Not a huge fan of Dillon, but I hope he surprises all of us positively!

    Do you even watch football?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    7,854
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Goff has struggled in the cold. And this is with a healthy thumb. I'm imagining the Pack keep the Rams under 16 points and win by more than 1 score.
    I wonder what the chances of him finishing the game at QB are. I don't think there is much mystery as to who will start, but if that hand starts hurting and he's turning the ball over I wonder if we end up seeing Wolford. I guess will be clear of Wolford's status if Bortles is one of the PS adds.

    The difference could come down to who takes care of the ball better. The Packers D plays opportunistically and has been far more lately. In each of the Rams losses, Goff threw at least 1 pick and under 250 passing yards. Except vs. Buffalo, he threw for 321 yards. Goff this season has only thrown 3 TD's in a game twice this year vs. Philly and TB. Since Tampa, he's only thrown over 1 TD in on contest and that was in their loss to NYJ. The thing about it is too is in the losses they have it doesn't necessarily matter how their defense did. In all the losses they were either equal or lost the turnover battle.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Posts
    6,918
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I wonder what the chances of him finishing the game at QB are. I don't think there is much mystery as to who will start, but if that hand starts hurting and he's turning the ball over I wonder if we end up seeing Wolford. I guess will be clear of Wolford's status if Bortles is one of the PS adds.

    The difference could come down to who takes care of the ball better. The Packers D plays opportunistically and has been far more lately. In each of the Rams losses, Goff threw at least 1 pick and under 250 passing yards. Except vs. Buffalo, he threw for 321 yards. Goff this season has only thrown 3 TD's in a game twice this year vs. Philly and TB. Since Tampa, he's only thrown over 1 TD in on contest and that was in their loss to NYJ. The thing about it is too is in the losses they have it doesn't necessarily matter how their defense did. In all the losses they were either equal or lost the turnover battle.
    I think the Packers can play this like the Titans game. Prioritize stopping the run and play a bit of single high press man and see if Goff can beat you. Tackle well and don't turn the ball over and you should be good.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,575
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I wonder what the chances of him finishing the game at QB are. I don't think there is much mystery as to who will start, but if that hand starts hurting and he's turning the ball over I wonder if we end up seeing Wolford. I guess will be clear of Wolford's status if Bortles is one of the PS adds.

    The difference could come down to who takes care of the ball better. The Packers D plays opportunistically and has been far more lately. In each of the Rams losses, Goff threw at least 1 pick and under 250 passing yards. Except vs. Buffalo, he threw for 321 yards. Goff this season has only thrown 3 TD's in a game twice this year vs. Philly and TB. Since Tampa, he's only thrown over 1 TD in on contest and that was in their loss to NYJ. The thing about it is too is in the losses they have it doesn't necessarily matter how their defense did. In all the losses they were either equal or lost the turnover battle.
    I think bortles is active no matter what to be honest. Goff has a bad thumb in cold weather. Wolford is coming off a neck injury. It would be borderline negligent to go into that game with 2 active qbs, even if both are cleared.

    At the end of the day, the rams want to play D and run the ball. If we take one of those two things away, and either score 30+ or make them have to throw the ball, we probably win easily.

    That being said and maybe I'm in the minority on this, but Ramsey doesn't terrify me as much as he does most people. He's great, there's no refuting that. But the guys he's shut down aren't Adams. Adams plays the game differently than Hopkins, Metcalf, and Robinson. We move adams around. We put him in the slot. We put him off the line in a bunch. We send him in motion. Ita almost impossible to truly shadow that type of guy. And I'm not even saying adams is on a different level than those other guys. Just saying the way we use him vs the way other teams use their top guys, but especially Seattle, Arizona and Chicago is so different.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •