Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season GT

2021 Season GT

We are just 4 days away from Red Wings hockey! Will the team suck? Yes, yes they will. Fortunately for us there is a lot of young talent to look forward to and more in the pipeline on the way up.

Schedule:

thanks for the thread!

I wanna say Go Wings!... but... I mean...

Mattafack, screw it, I will say GO WINGS!

**** it GO WINGS!

Not like tanking helped us in the lottery anyway On a side note, it is cool to see a lot of Chicago and Nashville again.

Well that was not worth the 10 month wait

another long season

Stanley Cup Finals here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is something about this team that just makes them exciting to watch. Yea they aren't the greatest and will most likely finish at the bottom, but there are a few names that leave you hoping for the best.

The first line is set but it'll be fun to see who emerges as the secondary force. I'm hoping Zadina and Rasmussen take a big leap this year. And ****, Ryan has come out hot. Don't expect him to keep it up but only helps his stock when/if they trade him at the deadline.

With Bobby Ryan every interview he gives feels genuine too. Like he really wanted to be here.

This could be a bit of a Vanek situation where Ryan does very well here, fetches a nice haul in return, and could still end up re-signing on a friendly deal.

Speaking of:

4 Games, 4 Goals for Bobby Ryan

So far, and I know it's early, this team is fun to watch. If they can keep this compete level, we might just be headed in the right direction. That being said, we still need to look at the trade deadline for the real boost this franchise needs. Its nice to see Breiner, Nemeth, and others bringing up their trade value so far. If Ryan keeps up a good pace, it will be very hard to trade him but it will be the right thing for the team. Here are some of my observations so far at 4 games in:

Merrill (great compete and tenacity) and Nemeth (good overall game so far) have way outplayed what I thought they would bring this year. Hope they keep it up for trade value

I was expecting Staal to look old and slow but so far, IMO, he has outplayed Danny D who looks old and slow, plus he is turning over the puck a lot. Staal looks the better player so far to me.

Zadina and Brome both have dropped off these last two games. If they can get more consistency, it would really help out the older guys who are bringing it every night so far.

Hronek, is a star in the making. This guy was my breakout star for the Red Wings this year. He is really improved in his own end and has been a force bringing the puck up the ice. Unsung so far but has played great.

Gagner has been a nice surprise so far. The dude plays hard and seems to have a pretty good all around game. Not a star but a solid vet so far.

I am a bit disappointed in Namestnikov and Stecher so far, two guys I was excited about from the off season. Neither seems to have found their flow with this team yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Filppula and Nielsen aren't good, and Nielsen is out playing Fil so far, IMO. If anyone is left off the ice coming up, I would vote for Fil. I would love to see them bring up Smith and Helm then bench both these guys or taxi squad them. Neither is bringing anything back at the deadline so only use them when you need to and get Smith some ice time.

I'd like to see us run with the following lines in the near future:

Bert/Larkin/Mantha
    Zadina/Fabbri/Ryan
    Namestnikov/Ras/Gagner
    Brome(Helm)/Glendening/Smith

Also, Merrill's flow is top notch. When he skated onto the ice that first game? damnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Also, Merrill's flow is top notch. When he skated onto the ice that first game? damnnnn
    Yea, love the little stach he has too. Looks like a mid-late 70's player.

Ok, one of my concerns with Blash has always been a really bad period given up. Happened a lot the last few years. This year, we've been lucky it hasn't affected us too much but it is rearing it's ugly head again in the 3rd period. Last year it seemed to be the 2nd period we would just get killed but this year, it's the third. Out of the 10 goals we have given up, 7 of them have come in the 3rd period (1 in the 1st, 2 in the 2nd). So it seems, we are not being able to finish games with the concentrated effort we give in the 1st/2nd periods. Blash needs to work on that and get the players more focused in the 3rd.

The good thing this year, though, is that we are actually scoring in the 3rd, as 5 of our 9 goals have been scored in the 3rd or OT. If we can concentrate on the defensive side more in the 3rd, then we should win more games by a full game effort from the team. Again, overall, much better effort this year but need to shore up the 3rd.

I see Detroit STILL cannot enter the offensive zone smoothly (seemingly especially on the PP).

Speaking of the PP I see the PP is STILL bad.

this team is so bad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast