Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season GT

so bad

Everyone on this team looks like they've taken a step back. Player development hasn't been good in Detroit in a while, save for Dylan Larkin.

Blashill, is quickly losing this team! They just can't control the puck. For all the talk about puck possession and keeping it on the stick before the season started, the only one doing it is Larkin. Fabbri and Zadina were doing a good job of it but since they have been out, it's been TURN OVER CITY or dump and turn around to play defense. This is just stupid hockey right now. They look like a bunch of pick up players on a 6am league. Awful, Awful Hockey. I actually enjoyed the first 4 games but now, just loses my interest. Even if they would play a physical brand of hockey, it would at least be fun but no one seems to even be into that type of game. Someone needs to get pissed off and spark this team.

My only guess is that Stevie Y knows we suck and is embracing it, but for how long? It's tank city, but at some point you alienate your players

I never understood keeping Blashill. I get the notion that the team is going to be awful but the Head Coach still has to be productive.

What are the chances he finishes out the shortened season?

Very high imo. They want this guy around for whatever reason. That said, the Wings hiring Dan Bylsma as the assistant HC has me worried. Not for Blashill's job but that they might actually consider Bylsma as the next coach.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Very high imo. They want this guy around for whatever reason. That said, the Wings hiring Dan Bylsma as the assistant HC has me worried. Not for Blashill's job but that they might actually consider Bylsma as the next coach.
    Yea, that is a scary thought but Stevie isn't dumb and Bylsma was brought in to improve the PP and hasn't come close yet to doing that so I don't see him keeping him.

How about Lil Bert leading the team in goals thus far? 5 in 8 games (9th being played right now).

Honestly, I would have rather seen Bert get the extension and Mantha get the one year contract. Mantha always seems to need to be motivated while Bert plays hard every night. Mantha played well tonight but for how long will that last? Oh, and he will get no motivation from Blashill who doesn't know what that word means.

Getting blown out by Tampa Bay. Yeah, that's just about what I expected.

Getting blown out by Tampa Bay. Yeah, that's just about what I expected.
    it was 3-0 before I even tuned in

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    it was 3-0 before I even tuned in
    The golden age of Detroit sports needs to come soon because watching these teams right now is really hard.

The golden age of Detroit sports needs to come soon because watching these teams right now is really hard.
    the golden age was probably 20 years ago

I should've appreciated it when I had the chance

Last edited by GuySir; 02-05-2021 at 02:47 AM.

I don't know why it did but the last 2 minutes of the game were infuriating me. Maybe its because they had the man advantage and still flailed miserably with the puck. Like you can't even move it out of your own zone with the advantage? Ugh.

Yeah I miss the mid-late 2000's and early 2010's. 2006 was the best probably right? Wings and Pistons perennial contenders and the Tigers made that W.S. run.

totally unexpected win today

awesome to see Givani have the Gordie Howe hat trick, not only did he get his first goal but he KO'd Ekblad in his fight. excited to see him get more minutes

first road win in a calendar year lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast