Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How would you guys feel about Marvin Lewis?

Serious question: I read that the lions walked away “impressed” from his interview. I thought he was okay as the bengals head coach and his players seemed to play hard for him. I guess it would depend on his staff.

Maybe the rest did him so good and comes back fresh?

How would you guys feel if they offered him the job?
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Initial response:

**** no

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Initial response:

**** no
    Really? Too old? Too removed from the game? Or you never liked him as a coach?
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Really? Too old? Too removed from the game? Or you never liked him as a coach?
    I have to do more digging regarding context of the loses but Lewis struck me during his time in Cincy as Caldwell 2.0. Can't win the big one.

If we are nuking this thing I don't want the "safe" guy. I want the home run attempt, and if it fails so be it.

The thing that I think makes him so intriguing is that he had the ability to make the playoffs consistently....with the Bengals, organization that is right on par with the Lions. Never brought in top rated free agents, don't think they ever drafted very well, same division as Ravens and Steelers, and was still able to get them to the playoffs. I'd say that is impressive.

I personally don't mind it. Right now the organization needs to win and get some stability. He can provide that while being a good coach. He isn't exactly a risky pick but it is safe and that will help us I think. At least get back to the playoffs. Once we get that new culture change and stability here to develop some new talent we can go from there. Wouldn't be my first choice, but with the rightbGM it definitely isn't the worst one. I'd be happy with it personally

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    The thing that I think makes him so intriguing is that he had the ability to make the playoffs consistently....with the Bengals, organization that is right on par with the Lions. Never brought in top rated free agents, don't think they ever drafted very well, same division as Ravens and Steelers, and was still able to get them to the playoffs. I'd say that is impressive.

I think that is why I like him. Has worked with some difficult character people too I believe. I think with the right GM to give him some even better talent he would've more than fine
    And would have great success here

Initial response:

**** no
    this

Marvin Lewis is a clone of Caldwell, i witnessed it with my own eyes

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I personally don't mind it. Right now the organization needs to win and get some stability. He can provide that while being a good coach. He isn't exactly a risky pick but it is safe and that will help us I think. At least get back to the playoffs. Once we get that new culture change and stability here to develop some new talent we can go from there. Wouldn't be my first choice, but with the rightbGM it definitely isn't the worst one. I'd be happy with it personally
    Isn't that just Caldwell again though? We'd then be playing the "we need a new coach game" three years from now when the celling is capped at 9-7/10-6. It certainly is more appealing than the crap Bluto gave us but I don't want to be stuck in this middling hell cycle.

Isn't that just Caldwell again though? We'd then be playing the "we need a new coach game" three years from now when the celling is capped at 9-7/10-6. It certainly is more appealing than the crap Bluto gave us but I don't want to be stuck in this middling hell cycle.
    we need a coach that gets us to the Super Bowl the quickest right now not no stop gap coach forreal

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    this

Marvin Lewis is a clone of Caldwell, i witnessed it with my own eyes
    It's not like he is a "bad" option but he is at the bottom of my list for that reason. Capping out at 9-7 isn't good enough. **** you Bob Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    we need a coach that gets us to the Super Bowl the quickest right now not no stop gap coach forreal
    With how talent devoid the roster is we would probably need a Belichick or Sean Payton. That's not happening though supposedly an NFL team is looking to trade for a coach. Whoever it is the team needs to be patient with them as building up this team will take a few years.

But what would Caldwell have been with a bit better GM that can swing a few trades, draft better, and better play development throughout the system? To me, if that happened we would have had a playoff win. We weren't super far away with Caldwell and he had some flaws from what I recall with inability to really close out games, lack of game plan adjustments and all that. If Lewis can come in with a new GM/front office which helps develop and has butter luck drafting then I think we are a playoff team that pushes for the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    But what would Caldwell have been with a bit better GM that can swing a few trades, draft better, and better play development throughout the system? To me, if that happened we would have had a playoff win. We weren't super far away with Caldwell and he had some flaws from what I recall with inability to really close out games, lack of game plan adjustments and all that. If Lewis can come in with a new GM/front office which helps develop and has butter luck drafting then I think we are a playoff team that pushes for the SB.
    Fair point with the better GM thing because garbage rosters can make a coaches job much harder. Then again some coaches get the best out of their team (How the Pats got 6 wins this year with the god awful offense for example is impressive). Those Bengals teams weren't totally talent devoid though were they? (Something I'll have to look up later). Certainly if he is hired it is not going to be an inspiring one but if they win ultimately who cares. Still, I am going to carry that Caldwell 2.0 concern until I see them vault past the first round and/or win the division.

retreads = puke emoji

I would give Marvin Lewis a shot...it wasn't like he was a total failure.

His first go around was better than BB and Pete's and they got second chances.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast