Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Kevin Love
    Cavs already have a young back court though.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Draymond Green?
    Gross.

Pat Beverly n Marcus Morris or Louis Williams and maybe zubac

Lowry isn't getting traded for anything less than a decent first round pick and/or a promising prospect. Would make 0 sense for the Raptor to accept anything less. Otherwise keep him.

He is a player that could push a good team into title contention this season.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yes I would. I’d rather it be a 1st, but in the end I would do Thybulle and a 2nd attached to Lowry.

It would give us the ability to get one more good defender, Ben as a point forward, a guy slightly better equipped to handle the offense in the half court as a secondary playmaker. I think he would be a good Maxey mentor too.

I’m not sure about the resign part though. I think someone would offer more on a short term and if we want to use cap space in 2021 FA we would need to renounce his rights to make that happen. Plus he had a chance to sign here and passed on playing here. I think the whole “hometown” thing is romanticized due to what LeBron did.

But:
    Lowry
    Curry
    Green
    Simmons
    Embiid

...that’s pretty solid.
    I wouldn't include Thybulle. Harris has been pretty good this year, and he's only 28. He and a first-rounder should be enough. It's not like Toronto's a hot spot for landing big free agents. I feel like Nurse could squeeze every bit of potential out of Harris.
    Thybulle's been sort of buried this year, but I wouldn't be willing to give up on him before realizing his true potential — not unless it's for a good point guard on the right side of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I wouldn't include Thybulle. Harris has been pretty good this year, and he's only 28. He and a first-rounder should be enough. It's not like Toronto's a hot spot for landing big free agents. I feel like Nurse could squeeze every bit of potential out of Harris.
    Thybulle's been sort of buried this year, but I wouldn't be willing to give up on him before realizing his true potential — not unless it's for a good point guard on the right side of 30.
    I’d take the first rounder too. Either way it helps us. Our own pick could be a lottery pick this year, if we can get another first rounder and Harris, the Raptors all of a sudden become a much younger team. Or we get a young Thubulle who’s a good prospect anyway and we invest in his development.

Adding Harris + possibly two first rounders (one being our own) + we still have good young pieces in Davis/Flynn. I think it would be a great way to quickly rebuild/retool for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Pat Beverly n Marcus Morris or Louis Williams and maybe zubac
    Masai let Lou walk after winning the 6th man and coming out to the media saying he wants to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Masai let Lou walk after winning the 6th man and coming out to the media saying he wants to stay.
    I remember Lou was pissed... Masai never had any interest in bringing him back at all...

Also the only reason we even consider trading Lowry is because hes 34 and on an expiring contract. Lou Williams, Pat Bev dont make us any younger, neither does Morris and really dont make us any better either. I think Chronz had some wishful thinking there.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-13-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I remember Lou was pissed... Masai never had any interest in bringing him back at all...

Also the only reason we even consider trading Lowry is because hes 34 and on an expiring contract. Lou Williams, Pat Bev dont make us any younger, neither does Morris and really dont make us any better either. I think Chronz had some wishful thinking there.
    I only answered the thread from my teams perspective. That might be the best we could do

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Lol. Did not know that. Still wouldn't preclude a stopgap like louis from appealing to him again. He's just in there to get to that massive salary number. Zubac would be the centerpiece. He's a young big who can finish inside and protect the rim, certainly better than Ibaka has. Btw, not complaining because his offense is what matters but I hadn't realized how much he's fallen off on that end.

I only answered the thread from my teams perspective. That might be the best we could do
    Fair enough. Lowry/Kawhi/Ibaka swap out Siakam for PG13 and you have yourself a very close resemblance of the 2019 champs.

Lol. Did not know that. Still wouldn't preclude a stopgap like louis from appealing to him again. He's just in there to get to that massive salary number. Zubac would be the centerpiece. He's a young big who can finish inside and protect the rim, certainly better than Ibaka has. Btw, not complaining because his offense is what matters but I hadn't realized how much he's fallen off on that end.
    He can still protect the rim but he’s no where near as good as his OKC days. But he still gets up and alters shots.

As far as where I would trade Lowry to:

I would trade him to the New York Knicks even if they are a division rival in the Atlantic, I would still do it for this reason...the Knicks are a team that is on the rise especially in the East and you add Lowry to that team, they are basically a playoff team. Like think Chris Paul when he was added to the Thunder last year, they basically became a playoff team. Add Lowry to that Knicks starting 5, they basically become a playoff team.

The trade package you could muster:

Knicks receive Kyle Lowry
    Raptors receive Julius Randle, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox and the Knicks 2021 draft pick

Raptors are basically in rebuild mode so you can easily build the new look Raptors around Siakam and VanVleet

VanVleet can go back to his natural position of PG even though VanVleet at this point is a combo guard...he can play either PG or SG but he's more of a natural 1 and if you trade Lowry away, VanVleet can take over their team pretty easily

VanVleet can be your starting PG, Powell can play the 2 (SG), Anunoby at the 3 (SF), Siakam at the 4 (SG) and Julius Randle can be your starting center at the 5 (C)

Kevin Knox can come off your bench with the 2nd unit playing the 4 (PF), Boucher off the bench at the 5 (C), Terence Davis at the 3 (SF), Flynn off the bench at the 2 (SG) and Ntilikina off the bench at the 1 (PG)

Your new look Raptors would be set

Your new look Knicks squad you would have

Lowry (PG)
    Rivers (SG)
    RJ Barrett (SF)
    Obi Toppin (PF)
    Mitchell Robinson (C)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123