Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 282 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I agree that switching to a 4-4 makes sense for this team. Quinn and Mack are ideal DEs in a 4-3. Roquan will be a great MLB. It just makes sense. If it helps Eddie, even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've always been a fan of the 4-3 over the 3-4

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    What kills me is that Biggs reported that they'd have been fired if they missed the playoffs. So backing in during an unusual year where an extra team is added to the pool is better?

They've set such a low bar that another 8-8 season and squeaking into the playoffs again would probably get them more time.

My biggest concern now is that Pace goes wild in trading away draft capital, but still gets fired after next season, thus leaving the job way less desirable than it is now (and it's not that desirable now lol). Then we probably have no choice but to completely start over.

Now, now, now; those are football decisions that competent organizations make about the health and future of their teams.

We're owned by a bunch of geriatric family members and buddies. All they care about is back slapping loyalty and accommodating people; results be damned.

That's okay though. When Pace trades away our first for a desperation QB play that's not named Deshaun Watson and get buried by our 2nd hardest SoS; Sweaty Teddy and the McCaskey board will hire another headhunter to bring in another GM who will be the only "football guy" in the room. The McCaskeys will put unwavering loyalty into them as they hire a second-tier coach as all the top-flight guys will stay clear of us since we will be a rebuild franchise without any picks or cap space.
    Last edited by flclfanman; 01-21-2021 at 02:10 PM.

In regards to Ted Phillips and how this organization does not prioritize winning:

Phillips has been with the Bears since 1983 and in his current role for the last 22 seasons. During his time as president and CEO, the Bears have had four general managers, five coaches, 24 starting quarterbacks, 11 losing seasons, eight last-place finishes and only three playoff wins. During that time, playoffs included, the Bears are 10 games below .500.

But George dumped praise on this guy. Its pathetic how bad the owners in Chicago sports are, the McCaskey’s may be the worst (tied with Reinsdorf).

According to Jahns, one option is to use Foles as a bridge QB and draft one*high. He*quotes Brad Spielburger from OTC as saying Foles contract makes it a strong possibility that can't be discarded.
    That is absolute vomit if that happens*because it practically ensures another season stuck in mediocracy or losing. Why the hell would you retain Nagy/Pace then?

https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status...714642947?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    According to Jahns, one option is to use Foles as a bridge QB and draft one*high. He*quotes Brad Spielburger from OTC as saying Foles contract makes it a strong possibility that can't be discarded.
    That is absolute vomit if that happens*because it practically ensures another season stuck in mediocracy or losing. Why the hell would you retain Nagy/Pace then?

Better than wasting money on Mitch, but I agree. I'm not sure why Pace would go that route when this is probably his final year. I'm hoping they're aggressive in Watson trade talks.
    Fire Ryan Pace

If they stick with Foles and draft a rookie, pace/Nagy are likely safer than any of the fans want. They would basically be punting the season. They will not make the playoffs with Foles starting. Absolutely no chance unless the 18 defense shows up, or they could squeek in with a 7-9/8-8 record. But with Foles starting and the bears schedule, they’re likely looking at 5 wins or fewer

This strategy might actually buy them another year or two because if they go .500ish again then they'll point to the likely upgrade of whatever QB they select from Foles. Plus, you're really ****ing over a new regime by trading future draft capital to get a QB they may not even like.

Basically the same strategy Pace used when he drafted Mitch if you really think about it.

Personally, I don't think it's a bad plan. I just don't trust the people implementing it.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-21-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    This strategy might actually buy them another year or two because if they go .500ish again then they'll point to the likely upgrade of whatever QB they select from Foles. Plus, you're really ****ing over a new regime by trading future draft capital to get a QB they may not even like.

Basically the same strategy Pace used when he drafted Mitch if you really think about it.

Personally, I don't think it's a bad plan. I just don't trust the people implementing it.
    It wouldn't be a bad plan if we has not watched this movie already. How pathetic can a franchise get to be giving the FO the opportunity to make the same catastrophic mistake again.

It wouldn't be a bad plan if we has not watched this movie already. How pathetic can a franchise get to be giving the FO the opportunity to make the same catastrophic mistake again.
    Oh, I agree. I'd rather a new regime be doing this. On Pace and Nagy's part though, it's a smart play... I'd bet, unless next season is a complete disaster, they'll get another year to "develop" their guy.

Guessing it ends up being Zack Wilson or Trey Lance.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I've always been a fan of the 4-3 over the 3-4
    I personally prefer the 3-4 because of the blitz looks but you have to have OLB who can drop. Floyd could. Mack can but should not. But it helps with deception. As soon as we went with Quinn though you should have made the switch then.

Matt’s a ****en genius. He loves a top 5 QB in the NFL

Also, I didn’t realize ragone left.

It must be indiciative of something this org is doing well that other teams are hiring all of our position coaches. Don't remember the last time that happened with any kind of frequency.