Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 302 of 318 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 4761
    They both suck. The point for me is since Dalton is brand new he has to get every 1st team rep to learn the offense. If Foles was starting the 1st team reps could be split with Fields. I'd prefer the first time Fields plays with the 1st string oline and WRs not be the 1st game he starts in the regular season.

Foles sucks man. We all got to watch that last year. Dalton wasnít even bad with Dallas. He could be a solid game manager. The thing with Dalton is heís actually slightly mobile. Foles is a statue.

As for knowing the offense, itís not like Dalton wonít learn the offense with an entire offseason on our roster. Foles knew our offense and he went 2-5 and wasnít good

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    They both suck. The point for me is since Dalton is brand new he has to get every 1st team rep to learn the offense. If Foles was starting the 1st team reps could be split with Fields. I'd prefer the first time Fields plays with the 1st string oline and WRs not be the 1st game he starts in the regular season.
    Insane argument for Foles man. Look at Foles entire history. He's played good for maybe a year and a half of his entire football career. He couldn't keep a job in Jacksonville over a 6th rounder. He's never been good outside his Eagles run, he wasn't even that good in college.

Dalton in his history has been a top 10-15 NFL QB during periods. He's obviously not special, but he's a legit NFL QB. I'd take Dalton regardless of circumstance over Foles. I'd take Dalton walking in last year in week whatever with no knowledge over Foles.

I also don't think that argument makes any sense in week nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Insane argument for Foles man. Look at Foles entire history. He's played good for maybe a year and a half of his entire football career. He couldn't keep a job in Jacksonville over a 6th rounder. He's never been good outside his Eagles run, he wasn't even that good in college.

Dalton in his history has been a top 10-15 NFL QB during periods. He's obviously not special, but he's a legit NFL QB. I'd take Dalton regardless of circumstance over Foles. I'd take Dalton walking in last year in week whatever with no knowledge over Foles.

I also don't think that argument makes any sense in week nothing.
    Basically

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Basically
    Lol yes.

Foles would be Glennon if he didn't have his magical run. I was one of the guys hoping last year he would give us something. I was stupid. Stop being stupid everyone. Foles ****ing sucks. Dalton isn't Foles. I'd much rather take Dalton sucking vs. Foles sucking, because at least with Dalton you have a functional offense.

I think it's pretty clear it's gonna be either Dalton or Fields. I think they'd be as happy to dump him on someone as we would be.

If Foles is still on the roster, which it seems like he will be, he plays only if A) They wanna sit Fields and Dalton gets hurt early or B) If Dalton and Fields are both hurt. I think if there was a competition, they would've said so personally.

He's QB3. An annoyingly expensive QB3.

You both are missing the point. Taking the time to teach Dalton the offense shouldn't also cost Fields 1st team reps. He's a bridge QB same as Foles. His only benefit would be winning a few more games than Foles. At some point in the season Fields will start so my hope is he'll get 1st team reps before then.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Lol yes.

Foles would be Glennon if he didn't have his magical run. I was one of the guys hoping last year he would give us something. I was stupid. Stop being stupid everyone. Foles ****ing sucks. Dalton isn't Foles. I'd much rather take Dalton sucking vs. Foles sucking, because at least with Dalton you have a functional offense.
    Stop throwing around people being stupid if you're going to refuse to use basic reading comprehension.

You both are missing the point. Taking the time to teach Dalton the offense shouldn't also cost Fields 1st team reps. He's a bridge QB same as Foles. His only benefit would be winning a few more games than Foles. At some point in the season Fields will start so my hope is he'll get 1st team reps before then.
    I think you are overestimating this whole teaching the offense thing. Dalton is a seasoned veteran. He will have no problem learning our offense, and it won't cost Fields any development. You don't make your QB3 your QB1 so your QB2 could get more reps lol. There is a reason we signed Dalton and traded up to get Fields. It was actually a well thought out plan IMO. Mitch and Foles sucked last year. We are moving on from both.

There is no controversy here. It's Dalton's job to lose, and Fields to gain if he puts on a show in August.

I think you are overestimating this whole teaching the offense thing. Dalton is a seasoned veteran. He will have no problem learning our offense, and it won't cost Fields any development. You don't make your QB3 your QB1 so your QB2 could get more reps lol. There is a reason we signed Dalton and traded up to get Fields. It was actually a well thought out plan IMO. Mitch and Foles sucked last year. We are moving on from both.
    Dalton isn't QB1 lol... and it definitely could hurt Fields' development if it's not done right. And in all honesty Fields' development should be the franchise's priority at QB not the Red Water Gun. Also Foles is still on the roster so they definitely haven't moved on from him.

There is no controversy here. It's Dalton's job to lose, and Fields to gain if he puts on a show in August.
    Not arguing that just not sure it's the right decision. Either way Dalton sucks and will likely be pulled very early if not before week 1. Hopefully the decision is made with enough time for Fields to have a full week to prepare with the 1st team offense.

Dalton isn't QB1 lol... and it definitely could hurt Fields' development if it's not done right. And in all honesty Fields' development should be the franchise's priority at QB not the Red Water Gun. Also Foles is still on the roster so they definitely haven't moved on from him.
    On paper, until otherwise proven, Dalton is QB1. That doesn't mean he's our best QB or that he will even be QB1 when the regular season starts, but until proven otherwise, he actually is QB1. Not sure why you would think otherwise.