Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    I'd pay him. The guy has played with Trubisky and Bortles, yet somehow puts up top 10 WR numbers. I guess you can point to the stat padding somewhat, but there have been plenty of games where Mitch targets him like crazy throughout.

We also have nothing behind him either. Mooney and a dipshit Anthony Miller.

Yea Miller needs to be cut wayyy too inconsistent and wims he just plain suck ***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-Rob extension should be as popular as running water.

Take today for instance - half of ARobís production was in the last drive, which is meaningless. That has happened more than once this year. A guy that wants to be considered elite (and paid accordingly) has to be winning against any DB/defense. ARob has lacked meaningful production in multiple games this year.

Also, lots of good WRs produce with bad QBs. Hell, look at ARob with Bortles. It isnít like ARob is going for 1,500+ yards because CHI has a better QB. I would make the argument that it would be lesser players who benefit the most from a better QB.

I think Arob is really good and I like him on the team, but he is not worth top 5 $$ IMO. Not with the current cap situation, at least. If CHI can save $$ elsewhere, I would reconsider my stance. But with the current cap crunch, I donít think CHI can justify paying him elite $$. It sucks, but it is the current situation IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Take today for instance - half of ARobís production was in the last drive, which is meaningless. That has happened more than once this year. A guy that wants to be considered elite (and paid accordingly) has to be winning against any DB/defense. ARob has lacked meaningful production in multiple games this year.

Also, lots of good WRs produce with bad QBs. Hell, look at ARob with Bortles. It isnít like ARob is going for 1,500+ yards because CHI has a better QB. I would make the argument that it would be lesser players who benefit the most from a better QB.

I think Arob is really good and I like him on the team, but he is not worth top 5 $$ IMO. Not with the current cap situation, at least. If CHI can save $$ elsewhere, I would reconsider my stance. But with the current cap crunch, I donít think CHI can justify paying him elite $$. It sucks, but it is the current situation IMO.

If they can't afford him, they probably need to just blow it up.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    If they can't afford him, they probably need to just blow it up.
    In another thread (I donít remember which) I proposed Davis & Samuel instead of ARob and XXX.

We all agree that ARob is better than Davis & Samuel. But I bet the trio of Davis, Mooney & Samuel give CHI more production than ARob, Mooney & XXX.

I personally think that wanting ARob from an on the field perspective makes total sense. But from a business perspective it makes less sense. And I donít like paying guys $$ above their value. While I agree ARob is really good, I donít think he is top 5.

At the end of the day, I wonít be upset if they manage to keep him. But I donít think it makes it the best business decision, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    In another thread (I donít remember which) I proposed Davis & Samuel instead of ARob and XXX.

We all agree that ARob is better than Davis & Samuel. But I bet the trio of Davis, Mooney & Samuel give CHI more production than ARob, Mooney & XXX.

I personally think that wanting ARob from an on the field perspective makes total sense. But from a business perspective it makes less sense. And I donít like paying guys $$ above their value. While I agree ARob is really good, I donít think he is top 5.

At the end of the day, I wonít be upset if they manage to keep him. But I donít think it makes it the best business decision, either.

I think "top 5" or "top x" is a poor reasoning to use as a general rule. Elite talent wins. Playmakers win. A-Rob has proven he can be those things. I'll take quality over quantity any day. I expect A-Rob to be more far more impactful than the other two combined.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think "top 5" or "top x" is a poor reasoning to use as a general rule. Elite talent wins. Playmakers win. A-Rob has proven he can be those things. I'll take quality over quantity any day. I expect A-Rob to be more far more impactful than the other two combined.
    Quality over quantity is nice - in a vacuum. Salary caps force tough decisions. Sometime you canít always have the top quality. I never said ARob wouldnít make a better impact than those two players. I simply gave an alternate use of the money to create a WR group that could produce at a solid level. IMO, ARob, Mooney and bust is a bad idea. ARob got wiped out today, in part because NO only cared about one WR. You know how to help combat that? Multiple options. But CHI canít afford those other options after paying ARob 17M+ per year.

And how is ďTop XĒ a bad way to measure salary when players/agents push for salaries based on those exact things? For instance, paying ARob top 5 money in 2021 puts him at around 17M (in front of Adams). Paying him top 10 money puts him at about 15.7M (equal to K. Allen). Paying him top 15 money is about 13.5M (ahead of Diggs). And again, I think ARob is really good, but not elite. If CHI can get him in the 15M range I would like it a lot more than at 17M. The cap is just that tight.

The Bears really aren't in cap hell.

A restructure of Fuller and a Hicks trade while cutting Massie, Graham, Skrine... gives them 30+ million to play with.

Trading Hicks is a no brainer. Love the dude but he probably doesn't have much left and with the emergence of Bilal, the return of Goldman and the cheap rotational players they've discovered in Edwards and Urban it makes too much sense to trade Hicks.

Hell, remember RRH? Didn't miss him at all either. Perfect opportunity to trade from a position of strength and save money.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    The Bears really aren't in cap hell.

A restructure of Fuller and a Hicks trade while cutting Massie, Graham, Skrine... gives them 30+ million to play with.
    Restructuring is how we got in this mess to begin with. And FYI... signing Robinson to the 20 mil he deserves eats away at almost everything you just cleared. we basically have 10 mil left which is going to be needed for a FS (because we litereally dont have one) a QB (unless your starting Floes.) and an OL (you seem to be Cutting massie so a RT ) Not to mention a new Nickle CB (because our lower end guys kinda suck) And a Backup/#2 TE (because right now we have Kmet and thats it. literally could not run a 2 TE set next year)

To me you can say that isnt Cap Hell.... But you dont have alot of room to make changes. And if you decide to let Robinson go sure its 30 mil... But you dont have a WR worth a damn to take his spot IMO. Mooney is OK but I dont expect him to be a #1 guy.

This team isnt like we only need to resign Robinson. You legit cut 4 starters and are loosing 2 more in FA with Robinson and Cutting Hicks. We only have so many draft picks that you can expect to have an impact 2... maybe 3 max IMO.

I just dont see how you can think we will be able to easily feild a team like we are. Go ahead and do a projection for me of how to spend our cap space and 30+ mil

We need

A QB (likely our first round pick or most of our cap via trade)
    A RT
    a 2nd String TE
    A WR (unless you resign Robinson
    A DE/DT (You probably have to replace hicks, Unless you switch to a 4-3 which means you need a new Starting LB)
    A Starting FS

Good Luck.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Im just hoping for Change. I am Hoping for a Total Reboot in the Miami Dolphins or Raiders Type where you don't piss around with this lets be competitive nonsense. Its very unlikley you will find your franchise QB that way... though it is possible. Its unlikely this Defense is close to the same by the time our offense starts to become a capable unit. And we just dont have the resources to make drastric roster changes due to the cap at this point. and its not like we are a minor fix from being good IMO. People who think we are a QB away need to realize what that will do. Robinson cant be afforded then. You cant cut massie because you will use all the picks and cap space on that QB. It will end up the Jay cutler scenario all over. And some want to say that Jay isnt as good. Well **** he was when we traded for him guys. he came here and blew because we didnt have the assets to support a good QB. By the time we did (3 years because of the picks we traded) the Defense had faded.

-Rem Koolhaas

Just hoping that I wake up tomorrow to see Nagy has been fired. Pace can be too. I dont care. But I think he only has 1 year left on his deal and 80-90% chance he isnt resigned barring a massive offensive turnaround which... I have not seen any hope for.

Just gut it now and start building for the new regime.

-Rem Koolhaas

Kyben you clearly have no idea how NFL contracts work. By your logic you need 60 million available not to be in cap hell.

And you're acting like every player costs 5 million+ a year. How much did Gipson cost this year? Ifedi? Urban? Edwards?
    Last edited by toovey107; 01-11-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast