Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 280 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    OTOH, there's a decent chance this season from Floyd is an outlier. Or maybe Staley unlocked something he saw in him when they were together under Fangio.

Either way, good for him, but I doubt he'd be having this type of season under Pagano. That's not a slight to him either, but just that Pagano's been so bad at scheming for players strengths. The way he's used Eddie Jackson alone should be enough to fire him.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    OTOH, there's a decent chance this season from Floyd is an outlier. Or maybe Staley unlocked something he saw in him when they were together under Fangio.

Either way, good for him, but I doubt he'd be having this type of season under Pagano. That's not a slight to him either, but just that Pagano's been so bad at scheming for players strengths. The way he's used Eddie Jackson alone should be enough to fire him.
    Your last bit is really my point. Floyd was doing what was asked of him - and doing it well. He was very good at setting the edge and playing in coverage. He was already a good player, he just didnít get sacks (or many chances to get them). To replace Floyd, Pace went with a one dimensional player who isnít delivering in that one thing. It has been a real waste of assets.

I think we all agree Pagano needs to go and I think he is the one guy who will go after the season. CHI is 8-8, only made the playoffs due to an extra spot this year, and they will be one-and-done in the playoffs. That will be considered underperforming and something will have to change. This defense collapsed the last 1/3 of the season and Pagano will be the fall guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Pagano is gone, how bug of a necessity is it to stay in a 3-4? (This is a legit question - not me asking to answer my own question).

I assume Quinn and Mack would have to move to DE. The leaves a bunch of guys for DE rotation or DT.

Roquan is still the MLB, but can Danny T play OLD in a 4-3? And I assume CHI would have to add a second starting OLB even is Danny could play one of them.

I ask because obviously being locked in to a 3-4 limits your hiring options at DC. It if it takes 2-3 to get the personnel right, it probably isnít worth the switch right now. Especially if Pace/Nagy feel like they are in the hot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    If Pagano is gone, how bug of a necessity is it to stay in a 3-4? (This is a legit question - not me asking to answer my own question).

I assume Quinn and Mack would have to move to DE. The leaves a bunch of guys for DE rotation or DT.

Roquan is still the MLB, but can Danny T play OLD in a 4-3? And I assume CHI would have to add a second starting OLB even is Danny could play one of them.

I ask because obviously being locked in to a 3-4 limits your hiring options at DC. It if it takes 2-3 to get the personnel right, it probably isnít worth the switch right now. Especially if Pace/Nagy feel like they are in the hot seat.

This defense may actually be better as a 4-3. Mack and Quinn are perfect DEs, Goldman at NT, and Nichols is a better fit as a 3-tech than 3-4 DE imo. I think Danny T and Roquan are interchangeable at MLB and WLB. Just need a guy at strong side and those guys aren't too hard to find. Hell Mingo could probably do that job. Don't think it'd be an issue whatsoever.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    This defense may actually be better as a 4-3. Mack and Quinn are perfect DEs, Goldman at NT, and Nichols is a better fit as a 3-tech than 3-4 DE imo. I think Danny T and Roquan are interchangeable at MLB and WLB. Just need a guy at strong side and those guys aren't too hard to find. Hell Mingo could probably do that job. Don't think it'd be an issue whatsoever.
    I think it would be harder than your saying, sure the DL can probably work out... but hte LBs you really need 3 capable guys... and still some backups. Right now we might have 2 capable guys and zero backups.

Its not impossible but you would have prefered to keep Kwitkowski in this scenario

I mean most poeple probably want to get rid of Trevathan.... so he is likely your #3 LB in an ideal scenario. So you might have your ILB in Roquan but you need to focus on another LB in the draft IMO.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 01-10-2021 at 04:42 AM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think it would be harder than your saying, sure the DL can probably work out... but hte LBs you really need 3 capable guys... and still some backups. Right now we might have 2 capable guys and zero backups.

Its not impossible but you would have prefered to keep Kwitkowski in this scenario

I mean most poeple probably want to get rid of Trevathan.... so he is likely your #3 LB in an ideal scenario. So you might have your ILB in Roquan but you need to focus on another LB in the draft IMO.
    You'd have to replace 1 or maybe 2 starters lol that's not that difficult to do in all honesty between FA and the draft. Not like we'd have to completely overhaul the personnel. I don't think it's as hard as *you're saying.

This is sort of where my brain was at. That DL could be really good and Quan could roam free thanks to the attention the DL would require. I think LB may be more tricky, but I think in year 1 CHI could add one LB and some depth and be decent.

Personally feel like this group is actually better suited to a 4-3, or at least a 4-3/3-4 hybrid. It's an opportunity to get more from Quinn too.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Personally feel like this group is actually better suited to a 4-3, or at least a 4-3/3-4 hybrid. It's an opportunity to get more from Quinn too.
    Well to be fair they have played a hybrid 4-2-5 scheme on occasion.

What are people's thoughts on Mac Jones from Alabama?

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    What are people's thoughts on Mac Jones from Alabama?
    System player. Has elite talent around him at every position. Probably could be an above average starter depending on what's around him. His ceiling is probably Kirk Cousins. Below average athlete so you better have a solid oline.

You'd have to replace 1 or maybe 2 starters lol that's not that difficult to do in all honesty between FA and the draft. Not like we'd have to completely overhaul the personnel. I don't think it's as hard as *you're saying.
    Your SLB is the least important position in a 4-3 so who cares. Like you said though, I completely agree with this roster being more suitable for a 4-3. Nichols at 3 tech could be NASTY.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    You're SLB is the least important position in a 4-3. Like you said though, I completely agree with this roster being more suitable for a 4-3. Nichols at 3 tech could be NASTY.
    Yeah I honestly believe Mingo could handle those duties.

If it were my choice I am not paying ARob top 5 $$. I really like, but he isnít worth it. He no-shows far too often and he has padded his stats in multiple late drives with prevent defense this year. CHI no update get two guys for the price of ARob (obviously not at his level) and replace him and Miller for next year. This team needs too much that ARob canít fix.

Only way I pay him is if I save his $$ elsewhere. Cutting Hicks, Massie, Graham and/or Fuller type moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    If it were my choice I am not paying ARob top 5 $$. I really like, but he isnít worth it. He no-shows far too often and he has padded his stats in multiple late drives with prevent defense this year. CHI no update get two guys for the price of ARob (obviously not at his level) and replace him and Miller for next year. This team needs too much that ARob canít fix.

Only way I pay him is if I save his $$ elsewhere. Cutting Hicks, Massie, Graham and/or Fuller type moves.

How does he no show? He has a qb that can't throw to him.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 2 of 280 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast