Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 160 of 282 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 4222
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    If the source is named Portillos Hamburger then it must be true

I've tried so hard not to get my hopes up for a Wilson/Watson trade, but I'll officially be pretty disappointed when neither happen.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I've tried so hard not to get my hopes up for a Wilson/Watson trade, but I'll officially be pretty disappointed when neither happen.
    Iím in the same boat.. hopefully this will be the one time we arenít disappointed.

There's too much smoke for something to not happen. The HOU and SEA GMs aren't stupid and they know there betting against each other.

Pace has already presented both side with some sort of blank check godfather offer that once revealed we will say they were crazy to not take.

We are the Vikings begging to be fleeced to nab our Herschell Walker.

I hope they wont look a gift horse in the mouth

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I am more hype on Wilson. Watson was always hard because he didnt seem to care where he went meaning its just going to be the highest bidder. Wilson on the other hand seems to like the Bears. I keep hearing bad things about Wilson and Carol too that just makes me think it happens. Things like the HC just ignoring his opinion.

I found this very interesting myself from Brandon Marshall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f3f...ndisputedToday

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

This is the one time we really need Paceís conviction to come through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fortunately for Pace, he's probably one of, if not the most, aggressive GM's in the league. Not saying that makes it a sure thing he'll land one of them, but he'll likely offer whatever it takes. I can't envision him settling for another season of a bridge guy (Foles) and a Rookie when his job is 100% on the line.

That also leaves me a little concerned that he'll cave and overpay for a guy like Wentz or Carr if he whiffs on Watson or Wilson. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-06-2021 at 11:33 AM.

In a vacuum I think Wilson is the better QB and elevates his teammates more. He's older, but for a QB, he's basically entering his golden years. No reason he shouldn't have 3-5 prime years left. That said, I would definitely take Watson too, especially since he's younger....but I'm hoping for Wilson. He makes the most sense for the Bears window.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Fortunately for Pace, he's probably one of, if not the most, aggressive GM's in the league. Not saying that makes it a sure thing he'll land one of them, but he'll likely offer whatever it takes. I can't envision him settling for another season of a bridge guy (Foles) and a Rookie when his job is 100% on the line.

That also leaves me a little concerned that he'll cave and overpay for a guy like Wentz or Carr if he whiffs on Watson or Wilson. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point.
    Luckily Wentz is already on the Colts and it doesnít seem like Carr will be dealt. I think they want to extend him. So if itís not Wilson/Watson, itíll be a terrible bridge option. Itís basically one of those two or bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    In a vacuum I think Wilson is the better QB and elevates his teammates more. He's older, but for a QB, he's basically entering his golden years. No reason he shouldn't have 3-5 prime years left. That said, I would definitely take Watson too, especially since he's younger....but I'm hoping for Wilson. He makes the most sense for the Bears window.
    I look at it this way. long term... I probably lean Watson due to age. But I don't think we are competitive now with Watson because I think you have to give up signifigantly more. (Potentially roquan or Jackson who would be a huge blow IMO)

Wilson puts us in a position where right now and the next 3-5 years this team will be competing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I look at it this way. long term... I probably lean Watson due to age. But I don't think we are competitive now with Watson because I think you have to give up signifigantly more. (Potentially roquan or Jackson who would be a huge blow IMO)

Wilson puts us in a position where right now and the next 3-5 years this team will be competing for sure.

Why do you think the Bears wouldn't have to give up a Roquan or EJ for Wilson? You have to keep in mind, the Bears have poor draft capital to offer. The #20 overall is not a good starting point for Russell Wilson. Even if they include two more...where are those going to land? Probably lower than #20. Also factor in, Pete Carroll loves defense. You think he's going to deal Russ and not want to get a defensive starter in return? Not happening.

In regards to Ro or EJ being a huge blow, I think that's overblown, no pun intended. If you recall in 19 the Bears played most of the season with Kwit and KPL at LB and still finished top 10 defensive team. EJ played bad last season. Either way, you're talking about an ILB and FS. Great players, but nothing in comparison to a player of Russell Wilson's impact.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Pace has shown some discipline by not overpaying for Wentz. He's saving his bullets for the only two true difference makers available.

I also think Carr is staying put, though they aren't doing him any favors by cutting both of his starting guards

Kyle long said he didn't handle his departure like a professional, he was beat up, woe is me guy, was bad for the locker room at the end, and liked playing for Nagy

Pretty cool of him to own up to it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Kyle long said he didn't handle his departure like a professional, he was beat up, woe is me guy, was bad for the locker room at the end, and liked playing for Nagy

Pretty cool of him to own up to it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Maybe he liked playing for him but you could tell based on his comments the way he feels about him as a coach. Itís good heís trying to stay classy about it now though